Eating a healthy and well-balanced diet on a daily basis is not as easy as most people chalk it up to be. You not only have to eat the right foods but the right amount of food at the right time. It takes an extreme amount of effort, discipline, dedication, commitment, and consistency.
If you plan on living a long, happy, and healthy life, that regular well-balanced diet must be coupled with a regular exercise routine, healthy sleeping patterns, effective stress management techniques, a quality social life, and a strong support system.
Factor in the amount of work we have daily, all the errands, taking care of your family, and anything else you have to do that day, then you can start to see why some people have such a hard time maintaining that healthy diet. It is easy to see how things can get in the way sometimes.
That is where meal replacement shakes can come in handy. One such product is Ka’Chava, a whole-body meal replacement shake designed to provide your body with the calories and nutrients it needs to stay active throughout the day. Is it really all it claims, though? In this Ka’Chava review, we will take a closer look at this meal shake, its ingredients, its benefits, and more to help you determine if it is really worth the cost. Let us dive in!
What Is Ka’Chava?
If you are someone who is looking to increase their calorie and nutrient intake to keep up with the ever-evolving, fast-paced world we live in, then you might find solace knowing that the Ka’Chava is available. It is designed to be the ultimate meal replacement powder.
Ka’Chava is a whole-body, ‘meal-replacement’ shake brought to you by Tribal Nutrition LLC, a company dedicated to providing customers with ancestor-driven nutritional supplements that promote well-rounded health — physically and mentally, and emotionally.
One day when Simon Malone, the founder of Ka’Chava, was blending ingredients together, he decided the supplement market needed a complete, all-in-one meal shake that combined all the most prominent nutrients and ingredients necessary to live a healthy, happy, and rewarding life.
Just like that, Ka’Chava was born. The meal replacement powder is available in three different flavors, Vanilla, Chocolate, and Coconut Acai. It is loaded with a variety of unique proprietary blends, Ka’Chava can help anyone stay on top of their diet by providing them with the right nutrients at the right time.
Now that you have been introduced to the Ka’Chava Meal Shake and how it came to be, you are likely wondering what type of ingredients it offers your body. Before we get started, it is important to note that there are a lot of ingredients, which is why it is considered an all-in-one shake.
The ingredients are broken up into nine proprietary blends: Vitamins, Minerals, Plant-Based Protein Blend, Omega EFA / Fiber Blend, Antioxidant / Super-Fruit Blend, Adaptogen Blend, Super-Greens / Vegetable Blend, Probiotic / Prebiotic Blend, and Digestive Enzyme Blend.
We will take a closer look at each proprietary blend below.
- Total Dosage: varies (individually listed)
- Ingredients Included: Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, and B12
- Benefits: vitamins play a role in hundreds of different processes and functions inside the body. Some of these include metabolism, skin health, cardiovascular health, vision, blood clotting, and immunity.
- Total Dosage: varies (individually listed)
- Ingredients Included: Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Chromium, Molybdenum, Chloride, Sodium, and Potassium
- Benefits: minerals play a role in hundreds of different processes and functions inside the body. They are essential for overall health, including heart rate, muscle contraction, electrolyte balance, brain function, and the production of enzymes and hormones.
Plant-Based Protein Blend
- Total Dosage: 29.25 grams
- Ingredients Included: Yellow Pea Protein, Organic Whole Grain Brown Rice Protein, Organic Sacha Inchi, Organic Amaranth, and Organic Quinoa
- Benefits: protein is one of the three macronutrients. Its primary role in the body is muscle recovery and muscle growth, but it also plays a role in enzyme, hormone, and energy production. The protein sources in this protein powder contain essential amino acids that help your body and have more health benefits.
Omega EFA / Fiber Blend
- Total Dosage: 11.12 grams
- Ingredients Included: Organic Pure Whole Grain Oat, Organic Acacia Gum, Chia Seed, and Flax Seed
- Benefits: omega-3 fatty acids play a key role in the structure of cell walls and also promote a healthy heart. Not many meal replacement powders have fiber. In this case, fiber can help maintain bowel health and promotes a healthy gut, while also aiding you if you want to lose weight.
Antioxidant / Super-Fruit Blend
- Total Dosage: 5.1 grams
- Ingredients Included: Organic Coconut Flower Nectar, Acai Berry, Organic Maqui Berry, Camu-Camu Berry, Organic Strawberry, Organic Tart Cherry, Organic Blackberry, Organic Blueberry, and Organic Raspberry
- Benefits: antioxidants help ward off free radicals, reducing oxidative stress and slowing down the normal aging process. Antioxidants can also help boost your immune system and have a wide range of health benefits for your body.
- Total Dosage: 1,020 milligrams
- Ingredients Included: Organic Maca Root, Organic Shiitake Mushrooms, Organic Maitake Mushrooms, Organic Reishi Mushrooms, Organic Cordyceps Mushrooms, Organic Ginger Root
- Benefits: adaptogens are designed to soothe the body and promote relaxation by helping the body adjust, react, and adapt to everyday stressors in life.
Super-Greens / Vegetable Blend
- Total Dosage: 500mg
- Ingredients Included: Organic Beet, Organic Carrot, Organic Spinach, Organic Broccoli, Organic Tomato, Organic Kale, Organic Cabbage, Organic Parsley Leaf, Organic Brussel Sprouts, Organic Green Pepper, Organic Cucumber, Organic Celery, Organic Garlic, Organic Green Onion, Organic Cauliflower, Organic Asparagus, Chlorella
- Benefits: vegetables are packed with quality and essential nutrients that the body needs to function properly, including vitamins, minerals, and other bioactive compounds. Your Ka’Chava meal replacement would not be complete if it does not include vitamins, minerals, and some fiber.
Probiotic / Prebiotic Blend
- Total Dosage: 50mg
- Ingredients Included: Inulin, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Benefits: probiotics (healthy bacteria) are tiny living microorganisms that live in the gut, while prebiotics act as food for healthy bacteria. Together, probiotics and prebiotics help contribute to a healthy gut and GI tract. Sometimes your weight loss journey is unsuccessful when you are not having healthy GI movement.
Digestive Enzyme Blend
- Total Dosage: 50mg
- Ingredients Included: Amylase, Protease, Cellulase, Lactase, Lipase
- Benefits: digestive enzymes play an important role in the digestion and breakdown of the food you consume on a daily basis. Without proper digestion, the body cannot utilize the nutrients you eat.
Ka’Chava Meal Replacement Shake Pros and Cons
Now that we had a chance to introduce you to the meal shake and go over the many different ingredients included in the formula, you have a pretty good idea of what to expect from this supplement. It is clear that it comes with plenty of benefits, but that does not mean it is perfect.
In fact, no supplement is perfect, and they each come with their own unique flaws. Since we believe it is every customer’s right to know those flaws — as well as the strengths — before making a purchase, we are going to list everything you need to know in a pros vs. cons list!
- Contains a healthy combination of vitamins and minerals
- Adaptogens help promote relaxation and reduce stress
- Protein enhances muscle growth and muscle recovery
- Antioxidants reduce oxidative stress and have anti-aging properties
- Vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to boost your immunity
- Fiber, probiotics, prebiotics, and digestive enzymes promote a healthy gut
- Omega-3 fatty acids enhance heart health
- Energizing ingredients to keep up with your work life or fitness schedule
- Low-calorie, high-protein, nutrient-enhanced shake to aid in weight loss
- Available in chocolate, vanilla, and coconut milk acai (new)
- Vegan-friendly, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and preservative-free
- Does not contain any artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners
- Free shipping when buying two bags
- 2-day shipping on all orders
- 100% risk-free money-back guarantee
- Contains soluble, vegetable fiber that can keep your gut healthy
- They are certified organic
- Each serving is 60 grams of powder
- It will not mix well unless you have a lot of water
- The chocolate taste could be chalky
- Very expensive at $70/bag ($140/month, $4.66 per shake)
- Only three flavors (currently)
- Not everyone needs all of these nutrients
- Should not be used to replace a full nutritious meal
Ka’Chava Dosage, Packaging, & Pricing
The Ka’Chava Meal Shake comes in a tan bag that has an environmentally-friendly vibe to it. Their logo is printed right in the center, and the small amount of text on the front is in the shape of a pyramid like the food pyramid. Depending on the flavor, the bottom of the bag changes color.
For example, the vanilla flavor has a white-bottomed bag, the chocolate flavor has a brown-bottomed bag, and the coconut acai flavor has a purple-bottomed bag. On the back of each bag, you can find the supplement facts, directions, proprietary blends, and ingredients.
Here is a look at the supplement facts:
- Calories: 240
- Total Fat: 7 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
- Total Carbs: 24 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 6 grams
- Total Sugars: 6 grams
- Protein: 25 grams
One serving size is two scoops, which comes out to 60 grams of powder — have a big cup ready! Each bag comes with 30 scoops or 15 servings, which means you will need two bags to last you one full month. You can choose between Vanilla, Chocolate, and Coconut Acai.
Each bag costs you $70, but you can save $10 per bag when you sign up for a subscription. There are no commitments with the subscription, and you can cancel at any time. All customers also enjoy a 100% risk-free money-back guarantee to ensure you are satisfied with the purchase. You can return your KaChava shake at any point, even if the bag is completely empty.
Get up to 14% OFF
- Formula includes over 70 superfoods and nutrients
- Vegan-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, and Soy-Free
- Benefits muscle growth, heart health, stress relief, and more
Claims vs. Reality
Are the Ka’Chava health claims real? In terms of supplements marketed as ‘meal replacement shakes,’ there are not many that are better and more complete than the Ka’Chava Meal Shake. It boasts a diverse ingredient list, which means it boasts many unique benefits that other meal shakes cannot quite duplicate.
It is marketed as ‘the world’s healthiest meal shake,’ and while that largely depends on how it is used, it certainly follows through with what it is intended to do. It provides the body with all the nutrients it needs to function properly on a daily basis — morning to night! It is a perfect way to contribute to weight management and get you to a healthy weight, but it is not a magic weight loss supplement.
It has protein for muscle health, omega-3 fatty acids for heart health, fiber for bowel health, antioxidants for anti-aging benefits, adaptogens for stress relief, probiotics and prebiotics for gut health, and digestive enzymes for digestive health. It offers a little bit of everything, which is rare.
Unlike other shakes, Ka’Chava is soy free, with alternative sources of protein, such as pea protein, natural vanilla flavors, brown rice protein, and no added sugar. Plus, you can get much more than just protein, ingredients like organic reishi mushroom, ginger, and maca root will help relax your mind and lower inflammation.
Now when it comes to weight loss, the truth is, no protein shake is magical. For example, if you use Ka’Chava with dairy-free milk alternatives, like coconut milk you are more likely to get fewer calories, than if you add it to real milk. Weight loss and weight management depend fully on your diet, KaChava shakes are just there to support you.
Overall, Ka’Chava packs a lot of heat in its punch and can be beneficial to just about anyone — even just taking one scoop per day, instead of two. You would only be getting half of what is listed on the ingredient label, but that is all most people would need and would be easier to drink.
Ka’Chava Competitors & Alternatives
Whole-body shakes and protein powder products are all over the place. You see them in just about every grocery store, you see them in ads all over social media, and they even pop up in television ads every once in a while. The world loves them, so the market continues to deliver.
Ka’Chava is just one of many different brands available today, and while they are all unique in their own way, Ka’Chava is definitely one of the best in terms of diversity and versatility. Where most other meal shakes focus on vitamins and minerals, Ka’Chava takes a different approach.
By combining all these different ingredients together, Ka’Chava sits in a league of its own when it comes to meal replacement shakes. It might be one of the more expensive options out there, but it is worth every penny and provides more benefits than most other formulas available today.
For example, you will not find other shakes that use organic coconut flower nectar or organic maca root, along with tons of vitamins and minerals. In most cases, protein powder products focus on just the protein itself and not much else. While that is effective for those attempting to lose weight, it is not a complete snack or meal.
Also, Ka’Chava benefits stem from the fact that the health claims are based on real science. Each ingredient that Ka’Chava contains is there for a specific reason. Our Ka’Chava review of the ingredients touched on the benefits, but you can take a look at their website to familiarize yourself too.
Some of Ka’Chava’s competitors include AG1 by Athletic Greens (full comparison with Kachava here), MRP by Transparent Lab, Vegan Meal Replacement by Vivo Life, Essentials Shake by Lyfe Fuel, Complete Meal Shake by Ambronite, and Soylent, but Ka’Chava ranks just as high — if not higher — than all of them.
Final Verdict: Ka’Chava Review
Ka’Chava has burst onto the scene of meal replacement shakes recently as more people join in on what is becoming quite the trend. The shake has earned itself a cult following and has plenty of customers turning to loyalists in the blink of an eye, which is good for business.
It is the perfect option for anyone interested in an all-around, all-in-one, complete, whole-body shake that is equipped with a diverse combination of nutrients. It includes everything from fiber to protein, antioxidants, digestive enzymes, probiotics, prebiotics, adaptogens, and much more.
If you have a pretty penny to spend on a couple of bags of Ka’Chava, it is certainly worth the investment. With that said, it is much more expensive than what most people are willing to pay. Don’t worry; there are tons of cheaper alternatives out there, even at the local grocery store!
FAQ: Ka’Chava Review
When is the best time to take Ka’Chava?
Ka’Chava is designed to be used by a variety of different people at a variety of different times of the day. Some people take it in the morning as part of their breakfast, some add it to their lunch plans, and some like to have it later in the day — it is 100% up to your preference.
In fact, some people like to take it 30 minutes up to an hour before or after a workout, helping fuel them to new heights in the gym. Even if one full serving is too much for you, taking half of a serving is just as good for you. As you can see, there are plenty of ways to take it.
Can you use Ka’Chava as a meal replacement?
While there are plenty of shakes marketed as “meal replacement” shakes, there is a reason we place that term in quotation marks. The truth is you should never actually replace a meal with a shake — especially a powdered one — because nothing can replace a whole food diet.
With that said, the idea of a shake that has all the nutrients the body needs — similar to the idea of what a meal should consist of — is very popular and can be very beneficial in collaboration with your regular whole-food diet. Do not use it as a replacement, but rather as a supplement.
How much protein do you need each day?
The Ka’Chava Meal Shake boasts 25 grams of protein per serving, which is a good amount no matter who you are. With that said, many people have the wrong idea about just how much protein they need each day. In fact, some people eat way too much protein and do not know it.
Ideally, a healthy individual should aim for 0.36 grams of protein per pound of body weight. For example, a 200-pound individual should eat 72 grams of protein per day. Of course, highly active individuals should eat between 0.50-0.80 grams of protein per pound of body weight.
For more information on your protein goals or a healthy caloric range for you, we suggest you consult your health care provider or registered dietitian.