- About Vitauthority Multi Collagen Protein
- Vitauthority Sets the Standard
- What is Vitauthority Multi Collagen Protein?
- Key Ingredients in Vitauthority Multi Collagen Protein
- Vitauthority Collagen Flavors and Taste
- Dosages for Vitauthority Collagen
- Benefits of Vitauthority Multi Collagen Protein
- Vitauthority Multi Collagen Protein Claims Versus Reality
- Is Vitauthority Multi Collagen Safe?
- Best Places to Buy Vitauthority Multi Collagen Protein
- Vitauthority Multi Collagen Protein Pricing
- Conclusions For Vitauthority Multi Collagen Protein
Ask most men about their fitness goals, and you’ll hear some combination of weight loss, increased lean muscle, and perhaps improved joint health. Ask women about their fitness and beauty objectives, and you’ll hear weight loss, strengthening bones and joints, beautiful hair, skin, and nails, and perhaps a mention of toning muscles. Most supplements are designed to address some subset of these goals, such as increasing lean muscle and weight loss, reducing joint pain, or improving hair, skin, and nails. In this review, we’ll be discussing a product formulated to accomplish each of the above goals. Typically, we’re skeptical of a product with such broad-ranging benefits; however, we’re encouraged with our first glance at the formulation. Multi Collagen Protein from Vitauthority consists of five different types of collagen peptides, hyaluronic acid, and Vitamin C.
Read on as we delve into Vitauthority’s background in the industry, and examine Multi Collagen’s formulation, key ingredients, and the science behind their structure-function claims. We’ll inform you where you can find the product, review the cost-value relationship, and as always provide you with our rating in terms of effectiveness and value. Keep reading our Vitauthority Collagen review to find out if this supplement is right for you.
The tagline for Vitauthority is Set the Standard, and we think their website does a relatively good job of delivering on the promise. Vitauthority makes a variety of nutritional supplements, all manufactured in the U.S. in a certified cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) facility. Their products feature scientific formulations, are non-GMO, soy-free, gluten-free, and promise dosing at effective levels.
The website provided little information relative to the company’s ownership and failed to mention any key individuals. There is a quote attributed to Whitney Bowe, a noted dermatologist, but we could determine no formal relationship between Ms. Bowe and Vitauthority.
The About Us page includes the following quotes, “It is our duty to be an absolute authority when it comes to health and nutrition products,” and “we have years of product development experience under our belts to produce the highest-quality product that delivers results.” Unfortunately, the site fails to identify anyone involved in product development, cites no credentials, and makes no mention of education or qualifications.
Multi Collagen Protein is a powdered nutritional supplement. The product is odorless and tasteless and contains five types of collagen peptides, Types I II, III, V, and X, plus Hyaluronic Acid, and Vitamin C. The collagen is sourced from four different food groups:
- Grass-Fed Beef, bovine collagen provides Types I and II
- Free-Range Chicken for Type II collagen
- Wild Caught Fish for Type I and V
- Eggshell Membrane delivers Types I, II, III, IV, and X
In the Key Ingredient segment, we’ll address the benefits of each of the types of collagen in Multi Collagen Protein. Each serving contains seven grams of protein, delivering thirty calories, with no additional fat or carbohydrates. Beyond the proprietary blend of collagen proteins, 50 mg of Vitamin C, and 50 mg of Hyaluronic Acid, there are no other ingredients. In this instance, we’ll overlook our usual dislike of proprietary blends, as the label includes a detailed Amino Acid Profile per Scoop table with the precise number of milligrams per each amino Acid.
The company offers a sixty-day money-back guarantee, “We’ll refund your money even if you send us back an empty container!” An internet search did not turn up any customer complaints relative to their customer service or money-back guarantee.
Let’s start this important part of the review with the two added ingredients Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid.
- Vitamin C, 50 mg, as Ascorbic Acid, added as C plays a role in the synthesis of collagen and for the regulation of the collagen/elastin balance in the skin. Without adequate amounts of dietary vitamin C, the body can’t form or store collagen. The Mayo Clinic tells us 65 to 90 milligrams per day is sufficient for C intake, so a 50 mg serving in the Vitauthority product seems reasonable.
- Hyaluronic Acid, 50 mg, is added as HA helps to retain moisture in the skin for elasticity. Some nutritionists will recommend from 200 to 1,000 milligrams of HA per day. The dosage used in most clinical studies is 240 mg, well above that found in Multi Collagen Protein.
The proprietary Collagen Peptide blend is 7.8 grams. We cannot determine the exact amount of each collagen type in the blend, but will provide an overview of each type:
- Type I – the most abundant type of collagen in the body – found in skin, bones, teeth, and connective tissues such as ligaments, tendons, and cartilage. This type of collagen in Multi Collagen Peptides is sourced from bovine, fish, and eggshell membrane. Type I is beneficial for skin, hair, nails, and gut health.
- Type II – is also referred to as the cartilage collagen. Type II is the collagen most frequently associated with joint health and is sourced from chicken and eggshell membrane.
- Type III collagen is also sourced from cattle and eggshell membrane. This type is responsible for the elasticity in your skin, helping to eliminate wrinkles. Type III is also known to help strengthen bones and nails.
- Type V is a marine-based collagen used for skin and hair care as well as gut health.
- Type X – has been shown to improve joint health, to support new bone formation, and to be beneficial when it comes to bone healing.
When we did our initial Vitauthority Collagen Protein review, the company only offered an unflavored version of the product. The company has since released flavored versions, using the same formula that made the original product so popular.
Vitauthority Collagen is now available in the following flavors:
- Unflavored (original)
- Tropical Punch
- Pink Lemonade
I was already a fan of the product due to the unique formulation and health benefits, but the flavored collagen takes things to the next level.
First things first, they taste great. We’re at the point where most supplement companies have figured out how to make great-tasting supplements, so there is no excuse for subpar flavoring. Vitauthority did a great job of formulating great-tasting collagen powders. My two personal favorites are chocolate and pink lemonade.
I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the company doesn’t use any unnatural food coloring in the flavored versions of the product. Even the chocolate flavor ends up being a clear liquid when mixed with water.
The best part about the flavored versions is that they allow you to use the product on its own. When I used the unflavored collagen powder, I would mix it in my protein drink or some other sports beverage like a pre-workout or BCAA supplement. Now that the company offers flavored versions, I can drink them on their own. Of course, you can still mix the flavored versions with other drinks. The fruit flavors mix well with smoothies and the chocolate flavor mixes well with protein shakes.
The company recommends one 7.9-gram scoop taken one to two times per day, (they suggest twice a day for optimal results), with six to eight ounces of water, juice, coffee, or tea. With forty servings per bottle, this equates to a twenty – forty-day supply. Other popular options for Multi Collagen use are protein shakes, smoothies, pancake batter, or oatmeal.
Many collagen products on the market use only one or two types of collagen, often from just one source. With the Vitauthority product, you don’t have to settle for a single-source product. Multi Collagen Protein uses five types of collagen from four food-based sources to support your skin, nails, hair, joints, and gut health. Benefits:
- Increases skin elasticity and hydration which helps to
- Smooth wrinkles
- Increase the tone and firmness of the skin
- Helps strengthen tendons, joints, and ligaments
- Reduces inflammation in the joint and alleviates joint pain
- Helps to repair and rebuild muscles
- Improves metabolism
- Stronger and longer hair and nails
- Improves satiety which aids in weight loss
- Promotes optimal digestive health
Now, that’s an impressive list of benefits. Our research uncovered numerous clinical studies on the five types of collagen in Multi Collagen Protein that seem to validate the benefit claims. Additional research and clinical trials are ongoing.
We are believers in the benefits of a multi collagen product and applaud the addition of Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid in this product. We would like to have seen a higher dosage of the HA. The satiety/weight loss claim and improved metabolism may be a bit of a stretch, but they are logical extensions of some of the other benefits. Help repair and rebuild muscle fiber, increase lean muscle mass, and you will improve metabolism. Protein does promote satiety versus fat and carbohydrates, which may reduce/eliminate cravings, which can lead to weight loss.
When reviewing the Vitauthority product versus the competitive set, it compares favorably in terms of the number of types of collagen, additional ingredients, serving size, price point, and cost per serving.
Collagen supplements are generally considered safe with the potential for digestive issues such as nausea and heartburn. An oft-cited side effect is a feeling of fullness – seemingly supporting our satiety statements.
As with any new supplement, we suggest you discuss adding collagen to your regimen with your medical professional.
The best place to buy Vitauthority Collagen products is directly on the company’s site. When you purchase through the company’s official website, you get access to the best deals, latest promotions, and free shipping on all US orders.
The one-time purchase price on the company website is $34.99 for a 40-serving bottle. This equates to less than $1.00 per serving, which is a great value. A monthly subscription (auto-ship program) reduces your price to $29.74, a savings of $5.25 per tub.
You can save money by purchasing multiple bottles in advance.
The three bottle bundle also comes with a free electric mixer for blending your collagen drinks. Additionally, you can bundle other Vitauthority products and save 20%.
All orders come with free shipping and a 60-day money-back guarantee.
If you have never tried any collagen drink supplement before, you may want to start with the single bottle order. From there, it definitely makes sense to order multiple bottles in advance.
We were pleasantly surprised by everything we uncovered in our Vitauthority Collagen Protein review. If you are considering a collagen protein, we feel confident in recommending Vitauthority Multi Collagen Protein. This is one of the most complete collagen supplements on the market. It tastes great and it is very fairly priced. If you are on a quest to find the best collagen protein supplement, you should definitely check out Vitauthority.