- What Is Vejo?
- The Benefits Of A Portable Pod-Based Blender
- How Does Vejo Work?
- What Are The Technical Specs Of Vejo?
- What Is Vejo+?
- Breaking Down The Vejo Pods
- Unboxing The Vejo Portable Blender
- Vejo Pros vs. Cons
- Claims vs. Reality
- Final Verdict: Vejo
How often do you find yourself in a rush in the morning as you get ready for work? How often are you forced to skip your typical nutritional breakfast or morning smoothie just so you can make it to work on-time — without even having enough time to stop somewhere for a quick bite?
Unfortunately, this is a sad reality for many people living with a busy schedule. It’s frustrating because we all know how important eating a balanced breakfast is, and we all go to bed at night thinking about that smoothie, yet we can never seem to make it work in the morning.
Even those that have no issue with their mornings are bound to come across moments in the day where they could use a healthy snack, energy boost, or are just plain-old thirsty.
Well, you don’t have to worry anymore because Vejo has you covered. It’s a portable smoothie blender that’ll completely change the way you enjoy smoothies and eliminate all the effort involved in making your mornings work. So, is this portable blender worth the cost? Find out in this ultimate review of Vejo.
What Is Vejo?
At first glance, Vejo looks like a luxury water bottle that both keeps your water cold and keeps it protected. While it can act as a water bottle if you want it to, that’s far from what Vejo is and doesn’t even begin to explain the wide range of benefits it brings to your life.
Vejo is a portable smoothie blender that does all the work for you. The reason most people are confused when they look at it is because the ‘water bottle’ is the blender. In fact, it acts just like your Keurig does at home, except it makes smoothies — not hot coffee.
The Vejo blender is only half of the gift. The other half of the gift is the little pods that contain the smoothie blends. These are high-class, nutritious, delicious, and functional blends that enhance your body’s ability to perform, defend, and recover.
Whether you’re looking for a whey protein blend, a matcha blend, a fruity blend, a green blend, an energy blend, or any other kind of blend they have, Vejo has it all — and they’re always expanding.
The Benefits Of A Portable Pod-Based Blender
A portable pod-based blender is one of my favorite inventions in recent history when it comes to smoothies. I used to spend hours on top of hours every week buying the ingredients, preparing them, making the smoothies in the morning, and then finally getting to drink it.
Instead, Vejo saves me all of that time by putting the ingredients in pods, allowing me to purchase the pods I want, and then giving me a smoothie in under a minute. Everything is shipped to your door, so you don’t have to drive or walk anywhere other than your porch.
In addition to that, your portable pod-based blender is great for the environment. While there’s still waste involved with Vejo (the pods), it’s much less than what we use on a daily basis with the single-use containers and bottles we use (plastic, styrofoam, glass, aluminum).
The plastic your fruit and vegetables come in could take hundreds of years to decompose — but Vejo pods are biodegradable and are made out of corn and other renewable components. Not only that, but Vejo uses a lot of the fruit and vegetables that would’ve been thrown out by companies due to being ‘imperfect’ or oddly shaped.
The ingredients are freeze-dried hours after being picked, so you get a long shelf life — something you’re not guaranteed with pre-made smoothies from the store. With your pod locked and loaded, you get a smoothie that’s as fresh as it can get.
Your portable pod-based blender isn’t just good for you; it’s good for the planet.
How Does Vejo Work?
Prepare yourself for the easiest smoothie you’ve ever made. Of course, you’ll first need to purchase your Vejo blender and the pods you’re interested in trying. Like we mentioned above, they’re shipped to your door just like anything else these days — conveniently.
When you receive the Vejo, you’ll get a charger, the blender, and the pods. The blender comes with the base and the cap — the cap is what charges and blends the nutrients, the base is what catches and holds the smoothie.
Charge your cap before doing anything; that way, you know it’s ready to go. The charger looks like an oversized thimble, and the cap simply sits right on top. A full charge takes about 3 hours and will last you about 30 blends — estimates.
Once charged, fill the Vejo (base) up with your preferred liquid (water, milk, etc.) and find the pod you want to try. Remove the top-seal of the pod and place it upside-down on top of the base. Then just twist the cap on, and you’ll hear it start to blend. The blend takes 30 seconds before it’s ready to drink.
You should clean the Vejo after every use, but this can easily be done with a dab of dish soap, a brush, and a limited amount of water. Don’t place the Vejo base or cap directly under running water and don’t use the dishwasher. For the cap, it’s best to use a damp cloth to clean instead of a brush.
To enhance the experience, even more, there’s a Vejo app that connects with your portable pod-based blender to monitor its charge and see your history. You can also subscribe and receive your favorite pods monthly — saving 10% in the process.
What Are The Technical Specs Of Vejo?
I know you’re probably wondering how big this portable pod-based blender is and how difficult it is to carry around with you. Let it be known that this is no bigger than the water bottle you carry around with you daily and easily fits in your car’s cup holder, your bag, or your purse.
Here’s a look at the technical specs of the Vejo blender:
- Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Capacity: 8 oz (7.5 oz to fill line)
- Height: 8 inches (204.5mm)
- Width: 2.75 inches (70mm)
- Motor: 3 phase brushless
- Motor Volts: 9 VDC Rated
- Battery: 7.4VDC – 1000mAh
- Wireless Charger: 5.5V DC @ 2.0A
- Charging Time: 3 hours
- Blends Per Charge: 30 blends
As you can tell, it’s not bulky, it’s not large, and it’s not inconvenient to carry around. It uses a composite blade to ensure it lasts a long time and is made out of stainless steel to keep it durable. Oh, it’s even airport security-approved.
What Is Vejo+?
If that wasn’t enough to get you excited about this revolutionary product, Vejo+ is about to blow your mind. We mentioned the portable blender, we mentioned the pods, and we mentioned the app. Vejo+ takes all of that and customizes it to meet your daily needs.
It requires you to take an easy at-home blood test, which you send back to Vejo to be analyzed by their nutrition and wellness experts. Based on your blood work, they’ll formulate custom blends made just for you.
You get to view your lab results; you get the opportunity to understand what’s in your blend and why, you get to feel your best every day, and you get it all in your portable pod-based blender.
The experts sift through over 200 high-quality vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and other nutraceuticals to arrive at your personal blend. They look at every possible avenue before calling it yours, ensuring it’s made just right for each individual.
Breaking Down The Vejo Pods
Now that you have a firm idea of what the portable blender is all about, as well as the Vejo+ subscription, let’s introduce you to the amazing and powerful blends Vejo has in store for you.
There are 22 blends in total, and they each have their own benefits to them. For the sake of this review, I’m going to categorize them into four different categories — daily blends, protein blends, performance blends, and functional blends.
Let’s take a brief look at each one!
The first group is the daily blends. These are perfect for the people that love a fruit or veggie smoothie packed with nutrients. They’re also packed with antioxidants to promote overall health and wellness.
There are eight different blends we’ll look in this category:
- Matcha Latte – enhance your energy levels, focus, and overall zen with this pairing of organic Japanese matcha and organic oat milk.
- Tropical – if you like all things tropical, you’ll love this mix of mango, banana, orange, and passion fruit.
- Strawberry Banana – one of the most classic smoothie pairings ever, there’s nothing better than strawberry and banana blended together.
- Clean Greens – provides heavy doses of Vitamin C and B-Complex Vitamins due to the green vegetables.
- Pina Strawberry – good source of Vitamin C and natural enzymes, includes strawberry, pineapple, mango, and banana.
- Tart Berry – a ton of vitamins and minerals in a tangy, berry-delicious smoothie including strawberry, blueberry, marionberry, and raspberry.
- Pina Greens – good source of Vitamin C and Vitamin B9, includes spinach, banana, mango, and pineapple.
- Cold Brew Coffee – freeze-dried medium roast Arabica blend that gives coffee lovers exactly what they need throughout the day.
I think these are the best way to start your morning and make the best pairing with your breakfast. They’re similar to the smoothies you already make daily, and there’s even a coffee blend so you can have your coffee on-the-go.
The next group of blends we’ll look at are the protein blends. If you’re someone who struggles to maintain the proper amount of protein needed each day, these pods certainly help. They’re also perfect for bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts that want a more convenient way of getting their protein shake on-the-go.
Here are the five blends included in this category:
- Banana Almond – delivers 7 grams of protein and a good amount of dietary fiber with a taste we all enjoy.
- Spiced Chocolate – uses pea protein to deliver 6 grams of protein, perfect for the chocolate lovers that want a rich and decadent chocolate flavor.
- Whey Coffee – combines freeze-dried cold brew coffee and organic whey protein, two of my favorite things in the morning.
- Whey Mocha – the same as above, but also adds in organic alkalized cocoa powder to enhance the experience.
- EarthBar – a blend that was created when Vejo partnered with Earthbar, it contains 15 grams of protein and antioxidants.
These blends are also excellent for the morning, but they also make for the perfect smoothie in-between meals to ensure you keep those protein levels up. Your body needs it to function properly and recover efficiently.
Whether you’re just starting to prepare for your workout or just finishing your workout, Vejo was thinking of you when creating their blends. Since your Vejo can easily fit in your gym bag, it can be taken with you in the car, into the gym itself, or on the way home.
There are two powerful blends in this category:
- Pre-Workout Blend – includes amino acids, beetroot extract, L-Glutamine, L-Taurine, Cordyceps mushroom, and more.
- Post-Workout Blend – similar to the above, but includes a wide range of vitamins and minerals to help with recovery.
With these two blends, you can finally get the most of your workout every day. You’ll head into the gym, ready to throw those weights around, and will walk out of the gym feeling good. The recovery will continue when you get home, giving you all-day protection from the most stressful workouts.
Antioxidants are powerful, protein is required, and your workout can use an extra boost, but there’s nothing quite like these functional blends. They take your typical blend to the next level by introducing some positive side effects — such as stress relief and immunity-boosters.
Here are the five different blends that fall under this category:
- Immunity Fuel – adds chia and blueberry for extra antioxidants, while also including Reishi, Cordyceps, and Shiitake mushrooms (also comes in an orange blend instead of blueberry).
- Collagen Glow – the collagen peptides and resveratrol help strengthen hair and nails, while also providing anti-aging benefits.
- Daily Recovery – an intense combination of antioxidant-rich nutrients, such as astaxanthin, quercetin, boswellia, rosemary, and more.
- Sleep – perfect for helping you get more sleep, better sleep, and wake up more refreshed (comes in tart cherry and lemon tea flavors).
- Stress Support – combines ashwagandha and rhodiola rosea, among other nutrients, to provide the stress relief you need.
Whether you’re getting started with your day or trying to end it so you can relax for the night, these functional blends are sure to improve the quality of your life. They’re similar to the formulas you see in the market today, except you get to use your Vejo with it.
Unboxing The Vejo Portable Blender
There’s something about the Vejo that makes it a tremendous hit on social media. It’s sleek, it looks modern, it’s one of those new pieces of technology that everyone wants once they see it, and it works extremely well!
When purchasing your Vejo, you have to first buy the Vejo blender, and then you choose your Vejo blends to go with it. The blenders come in a variety of starter kits that include the blender and some popular blends to get you started with.
The blenders come in 9 different colors — neon pink, neon yellow, jet black, chalk white, island blue, indigo blue, sky blue, burnt red, and bright orange. The starter kits cost anywhere from $130-$200, depending on the blends included.
Aside from the starter kit, the pods themselves cost around $3-$4 per pod and can be purchased in either an 8-pack or 30-pack. Keep in mind, the subscriptions allow you to save 10%.
There are two accessories you can purchase for the Vejo. The first is actually a blend, but it’s used as a cleaning blend to sanitize and disinfect your Vejo. It works just like any other pod, except you don’t drink it. The other accessory is the charger, but you’ll only need to purchase it if the one that comes with your Vejo breaks.
Vejo Pros vs. Cons
It doesn’t matter what product you’re considering purchasing; there are going to be a wide range of pros and cons you need to take into account before making a final decision.
We’ve gone over a lot about what the Vejo does, why you need it, and how it contributes to a healthier life. There’s not a whole lot to complain about with this product, but we’re going to put together a pros vs. cons list to summarize everything we’ve discussed up to this point.
Let’s take a look at what we like about the Vejo!
- It’s a portable pod-based blender that makes you a smoothie whenever and wherever
- It’s easy to use and easy to carry around with you
- Made out of stainless steel, so it’s durable enough to last
- Pods are made out of biodegradable material (corn and other materials)
- Supports a healthier you and a healthier environment
- Over 22 different blends to choose from, all with different benefits and functions
- Blenders come in 9 different colors
- There’s a starter kit created specifically for Manchester City and Bayern Munich fans
- There’s an app that tracks how your blender is doing on battery and tracks your history
- Vejo+ sends you personalized blends depending on your blood work
- Blenders take 3 hours to charge and are good for up to 30 blends before needing another charge
- They have some extremely unique flavors, so you don’t get bored
- The pods can get expensive if you use this every day
- Need to continuously restock your pods, especially if you don’t feel like doing a subscription
- It’s technology, so there’s always a chance of it not working properly
Claims vs. Reality
There’s so much to like about the Vejo. If you’re someone who is constantly making smoothies — whether it be in the morning, mid-day, before bed, or all of the above — you can save yourself a lot of time when introducing a Vejo to your daily routine.
Think about only needing to grab a pod, put it in the Vejo, and twist for your smoothie to be ready. Think about all the extra things you can do in the morning and all the meetings you won’t be late for — or hungry for — because you’ll always have a smoothie whenever needed.
When Vejo says, “Nutrition, meet convenience,” they’re not lying. It’s everything you like about a blender, everything you like about a powder formula, and everything you like about living a convenient life.
Final Verdict: Vejo
We know there is a wide range of portable fitness products out there, from Treadly 2 to the Chirp Wheel. But, believe it or not, there are also a solid amount of ‘portable blenders’ and ‘mini blenders’ that make it easy to grab a smoothie on the go. Unfortunately, a majority of these are either low-quality, or they don’t look appealing — instead, they look like a mini blender.
Vejo is different. It doesn’t look like a blender, even though it is one. It looks like a water bottle, and that’s part of the major appeal with Vejo — opposed to other brands.
In addition to that, almost all other portable blenders don’t come with pods and instead require you to purchase the ingredients yourself. Not only do they not look appealing, but they don’t really add any convenience to your life.
On top of that, other portable blenders don’t come with an app, they don’t come with subscriptions, and they don’t come with anything similar to what Vejo+ provides. It’s clear that if you’re looking for a unique smoothie experience every day, Vejo is the way to go.