- What is Gundry MD Primal Plants?
- Gundry MD Primal Plants Ingredients
- Where to Buy Primal Plants
- Claims vs. Reality
- Gundry MD Primal Plants Review: Final Thoughts
If you’ve been on social media lately, you’ve likely heard the term “superfood” being thrown around like rapid fire. Superfoods are known to provide health benefits due to a rich density of nutrients. Some of the most common superfoods are kale, blueberries, salmon, spinach, and avocado.
While you can consume superfoods as real foods, it can be difficult to pack your diet with enough of them to get all of the health benefits. It is a lot easier to take a superfood supplement that has all of the same benefits with the added benefit of convenience. This is where Gundry MD Primal Plants comes in.
Gundry MD Primal Plants is a leading superfood supplement with a handful of benefits. Does this product live up to the hype? Keep reading our Primal Plants review to find out!
What is Gundry MD Primal Plants?
Primal Plants is a dietary superfood blend rich in polyphenols by Gundry MD, a company led by Dr. Steven Gundry that offers research and wellness products of all kinds. Gundry has over 40 years of experience as a cardiologist, heart surgeon, author, and researcher.
Gundry has dedicated his work to a variety of products and research designed to improve our overall wellness and is highly regarded by many.
Primal Plants is a powdered supplement that you mix in water, smoothies, juices, or any drink of choice. The supplement gives you a variety of different vitamins, nutrients, and minerals in each serving.
Primal Plants aims to improve your digestion and increase your energy levels while making you look and feel younger again. The blend is soy-free, sugar-free, lectin-free, and doesn’t use any artificial sweeteners. Here’s a full list of the benefits they claim to support:
- Increased energy levels
- Healthier skin
- Improved digestion
- More stable metabolism
- Reduces bloating and gas
- Controlling your body weight
- Antioxidant properties
- Use of probiotics
If you struggle to eat enough vegetables and other superfoods in your diet, adding a superfood blend or supplement can help you keep up with your health. They provide an easy solution to complement our busy lives.
Of course, a product will only be worth the money if it works, right? Let’s take a look at the ingredients used in Primal Plants to decipher whether it’s a legit product or not.
Gundry MD Primal Plants Ingredients
Primal Plants comes packed with a lot of ingredients formulated to promote overall wellness — inside and out. Among the many vitamins are four main blends that combine a variety of different probiotics, extracts, and other ingredients.
In all, Primal Plants packs a total of 25 ingredients into these four blends.
Let’s break these ingredients down one-by-one to give you an idea of what to expect in Primal Plants.
Superfood Greens Blend – 1000mg
The Primal Plants Superfood Greens Blend is packed with polyphenols, which are antioxidants commonly found in vegetables. Polyphenols can help boost energy levels and protect the body from inside threats. There are 11 polyphenols total in the Superfood Greens blend, which includes:
- Spinach – packed with vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients, low in calories
- Broccoli – vitamins K and C, folic acid, potassium, fiber
- Kale – one of the most nutrient-dense vegetables, powerful antioxidant
- Cinnamon bark – powerful source of antioxidants, reduce gas, stimulate appetite
- Gymnema sylvestre leaf – blood sugar levels, insulin levels, maintaining weight
- Fennel seed – nutrient-dense, low calories, antioxidants, suppress appetite
- Mulberry leaf extract – high in minerals, antioxidants, vitamins A, C, and B, blood pressure
- Pine bark extract – antioxidants, blood sugar, brain function, inflammation, protect skin
- Rhodiola rosea root extract – fight fatigue, reduce stress, brain function, energy levels
- Diindolylmethane – weight loss, prevents an enlarged prostate
- Berberine HCl – antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, can fight cancer, infections, and depression
Together, this blend combines a variety of natural and proven polyphenols that contain powerful antioxidants and energy-boosting benefits. The vegetables are high in fiber, helping to promote the digestive system as well.
Metabolic Enhancing Blend – 415mg
Gundry MD is known to focus on gut health and metabolic health. Naturally, Primal Plants contains a metabolic enhancing blend that is to signed to support gut health, burn fat, and aid in weight management. This blend contains 7 ingredients. Here are the ingredients and their benefits:
- Green tea leaf extract – antioxidants, heart health, weight loss, recovery, good for the skin, energy levels
- Ginger root – digestion, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, lower cholesterol
- White tea leaf extract – antioxidants, weight loss, combats skin-aging
- Turmeric root extract – antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, depression
- Bitter melon fruit extract – nutrient-dense, decrease cholesterol, weight loss
- Black pepper – antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, brain, blood sugar, cholesterol levels
If you are looking for a healthier metabolism and a spark of energy, this blend will help to give it to you — along with all the other benefits of Primal Plants.
Digestive Support Blend – 1,350mg
To complement the blend above, the Digestive Support Blend is designed to help your body break down the food you eat. There are only three ingredients in this blend, which include:
- Modified citrus pectin – when pectin is mixed with sodium hydroxide and hydrochloric acid, it can help break down particles in your intestines (found in citrus food)
- Fructo-oligosaccharides – carbohydrate that can improve food taste, helps balance of important bacteria in gut
- Bromelain – enzyme in pineapple, improves digestion, anti-inflammatory
Due to the food we eat on a regular basis, we often see our digestive system diminish over time and become less effective. This can affect how much nutrients your body sees when you eat. This blend can help combat these common digestive issues.
Probiotic Blend – 3 billion CFU
Probiotics play a major role in breaking down food, boosting the immune system, and helping our digestive process. Probiotics are microorganisms that can help control the bacteria living in your gut — both the good and the bad. The four probiotics included in this blend are:
- Bacillus coagulans – improve immune system, treats diarrhea, treats constipation
- Lactobacillus acidophilus – reduce cholesterol, improves IBS, weight loss, reduce diarrhea
- Bifidobacterium lactis – improves overall digestive health, treats IBS, decreases leaky gut
- Lactobacillus reuteri – reduces diarrhea, abdominal pain, balance of bacteria
These names may sound strange, but all you need to know is that probiotics can be an important addition to your daily supplementation and can provide short-term and long-term health benefits.
Vitamins & Minerals
Primal Plants also includes a variety of vitamins and minerals in addition to the four blends. These ingredients are naturally found in our diet, but it’s very common to be deficient in these depending on what you eat.
Primal Plants contains enough of these vitamins and minerals to help you keep a balance. Let’s take a look at what’s included:
- Thiamin – Vitamin B1, helps prevent issues in the nervous system
- Riboflavin – vitamin that helps break down carbs, proteins, and fats
- Niacin – vitamin that lowers cholesterol, improves skin, brain function, and heart health
- Vitamin B6 – improves mood, brain health, heart health
- Folate – Vitamin B9, helps produce red and white blood cells, converts carbs into energy, produces DNA and RNA
- Vitamin B12 – red blood cell formation, bone health, improves mood
- Biotin – strengthens hair and nails, supports metabolism, enhances skin, lowers cholesterol
- Pantothenic acid – Vitamin B5, makes blood cells, converts food into energy
- Selenium – antioxidant, heart health, prevents mental decline, thyroid health, boosts immune system
- Chromium – treats diabetes, lowers blood lipid levels, weight loss, improves body composition
If you know you don’t consume enough of these vitamins and minerals in your daily diet, Primal Plants can help you get the necessary amounts. More importantly, Primal Plants uses high-quality vitamins derived from natural sources.
Like most supplements on the market, Primal Plants will include a variety of other ingredients that won’t necessarily add any nutritional value — but are necessary to the making of the powder. It’s important to know these ingredients in case you have any known allergies against them.
They include natural flavors, citric acid, guar gum, rebaudioside-A, silica, thiamin HCl, pyridoxine HCl, folic acid, methylcobalamin, D-calcium pantothenate, sodium selenite, chromium amino acid chelate, curcuminoids, and milk.
Where to Buy Primal Plants
Primal Plants is available for sale on the official Gundry MD website. The product is normally priced at $99.99 per jar, but you can use this link to get your first jar for $59.99. Each jar contains 30 servings, giving you a 1-month supply. Further discounts are available when you buy multiple jars of Primal Plants. You can get 3 jars for $161.97 ($53.99/jar) or 6 jars for $299.94 ($49.99/jar). You will also get free shipping when you buy multiple jars at once.
Every purchase is backed by a 90-day 100% money-back guarantee. If you don’t like the product, you can get a full refund on your purchase price. This is great for two reasons. First, it allows you to buy with confidence, knowing you can get your money back if you don’t like the product. Second, it shows that Gundry MD really believes in its products.
Is Primal Plants Worth the Money?
While Primal Plants isn’t exorbitantly expensive, it’s not cheap either. At $99.99, this is one of the more expensive superfood supplements on the market. So, is it worth the steep price tag?
There are two points to address.
First, you can use this link to bring the price down to $59.99/bottle (or $49.99/bottle for the multi-pack). This rate is much better than the normal rate, so we’ll consider the value using the $59.99 price point.
The second point we’d like to address is quality. When it comes to supplements, quality is just as important (if not more important) than the price tag. If a $30 product doesn’t work at all and a $60 product does, the $60 product is a better value despite the higher price. Accordingly, we find it important to focus on “value” instead of price alone.
While Gundry MD Primal Plants may be more expensive than some of the alternatives, we’d argue that it’s a much higher quality product. The formula is well-researched and the company uses high-quality ingredients. The company also has an excellent reputation and backs every purchase with a money-back guarantee. That’s more than you can say for most cheaper alternatives that you will find on Amazon or at your health store.
So, in short, we would say that Primal Plants is a great value. It’s a supplement that you can feel comfortable about putting in your body, and it is backed by a company with a stellar reputation.
Claims vs. Reality
Whenever we look at a supplement, we don’t focus on the supplement alone. We also account for the claims made by the company to make sure they are aligned with the product’s real benefits. We call this our “claims vs. reality” test.
For example, vitamin C is known to support immune health. If a company were to claim that their vitamin C supplement “supports immune health,” they would pass the test. If the company promised that the supplement would “prevent you from ever getting sick again,” we’d have a problem.
So, how does Primal Plants stack up in this area?
Gundry MD makes it pretty clear what they created this supplement for and it can be broken down into promoting four main things:
- Get Your Daily Superfoods
- Improve Your Digestion
- Improve Your Metabolic Health
- Increase Overall Wellness
When you look at the nutrition label, you may be confused by the foreign-sounding ingredients, but they are all well-researched and designed to support the claims made by the company.
Primal Plants passes our “claims vs. reality” test. The product’s ingredients are proven to support the claimed benefits and Gundry MD doesn’t go overboard with bold, unrealistic claims. If you’re looking for a product that can give you your daily superfoods and improve your digestive health, Primal Plants delivers.
Gundry MD Primal Plants Review: Final Thoughts
Overall, Primal Plants is one of our highest rated superfood blends. The company uses a well-researched blend of ingredients that can help improve your overall health. The product is all-natural, sugar-free, and packed with over 20 healthy ingredients. On top of that, it is manufactured in the USA and backed by a 90-day money-back guarantee. It doesn’t get much better than that. Primal Plants can be a great product for anyone with digestive issues or anyone looking to speed up their metabolism. All of the extra benefits you’ll receive from it are just icing on the cake, which will help to separate Primal Plants from other competitors on the market.
- Contains a variety of probiotics to control bacteria in your gut
- Metabolic blend supports a healthy metabolism
- Variety of superfoods promote overall health and wellness
- The digestive blend will improve your digestive system
- Several ingredients are known to give you a boost of energy
- There are a lot of vitamins and other nutrients that many people are deficient in
- The powdered substance makes for easy consumption
- Comes in a green apple flavor, opposed to no flavor
- Gundry MD is a respected brand backed by a doctor with 40+ years of experience
- Can be rather expensive for a month’s supply
- Only one flavor option (green apple)