Have you ever looked in the mirror and felt your hair has lost all its luster? Maybe it’s looking thinner these days, dull, or maybe just a little flat. You’ve tried to reinvigorate it by frequenting the salon, but something is still missing. If this sounds like you, you’re not alone. In fact, many women are finding themselves reaching for hair supplements to help bring back their full-body, luminous locks. Moon Juice SuperHair, A new hair supplement on the market, promises just that, but does it work, or is it just a new product with a trendy name? Let’s find out.
About Moon Juice SuperHair Supplement
Moon Juice is a health and wellness supplement company that focuses on treating stress with adaptogen compounds. The founder of Moon Juice, Amanda Chantel Bacon, created this company due to her own struggles with stress as a result of an autoimmune condition. In addition to Moon Juice SuperHair, Moon Juice has produced a variety of other supplements, many of which we have reviewed.
Other Moon Juice Reviews:
- Moon Juice Power Dust
- Moon Juice Collagen Protect Review
- Moon Juice SuperYou Review
- Moon Juice Ting Review
- Moon Juice Spirit Dust Review
- Moon Juice Beauty Dust Review
- Moon Juice Brain Dust Review
- Moon Juice Dream Dust Review
Moon Juice’s SuperHair product is a multivitamin supplement aimed at promoting healthier, thicker, and stronger hair with the use of vitamins, adaptogens, botanicals, and micronutrients. Claimed to be fueled by plants, science, and wisdom, Moon Juice touts the importance of stress management and markets its products to those looking for calm in their routine.
Moon Juice SuperHair Benefits
SuperHair by Moon Juice claims a myriad of benefits from its potent mixture of compounds. Their multivitamin supplement is aimed at addressing any nutrient deficiencies that might inhibit the growth of healthy hair while their adaptogens are aimed at balancing stress hormones and reducing the effects of oxidative stress which can result in hair loss.
This supplement includes follicle protector compounds, such as saw palmetto and pumpkin seed, to inhibit DHT, a hair-destructive hormone, support healthy follicles and promote thickness. Lastly, their added micronutrients, such as horsetail, biotin, and kelp, promote hair strength, thickness, smooth texture, and reduce hair loss.
Moon Juice SuperHair Ingredients
- Multivitamins – SuperHair contains a multivitamin supplement that includes the bioavailable forms of vitamin A, five of the B vitamins, vitamins C, D, E, and K. Nutrient deficiencies can result in hair loss, incorporating a multivitamin supplement helps to ensure you are treating any possible underlying deficiencies to give your hair what it needs to grow strong and full. Common nutrient deficiencies that can cause hair loss include riboflavin (B2), biotin, folate (B9), and vitamin B12.
- Adaptogens – Adaptogens are plant-based extracts that are believed to mediate the stress response in the human body and help to reduce oxidative damage resulting from daily stressors. Oxidative stress has been found to cause hair loss by speeding up the aging process of the scalp and hair. Adaptogens can have side effects and interactions, therefore it’s important to speak with a physician before adding a supplement that contains these compounds into your routine.
- Follicle Protectors – SuperHair contains the follicle protectors saw palmetto and pumpkin seed. Although this isn’t a scientific category for these two ingredients, they are both believed to inhibit the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a sex hormone that is a derivative of testosterone. DHT can interfere with the growth cycle of hair and is one of the causes of hair loss in men.
A few studies found positive results with taking supplemental saw palmetto to reduce DHT concentrations, but the research is limited. Other studies have found benefits with topical application. Pumpkin seed oil has also been studied for its ability to reduce DHT levels. Although these studies show promise, more research is needed.
- Micronutrients – SuperHair contains a micronutrient blend that includes horsetail and kelp. This micronutrient blend is supposed to help improve the strength, thickness, and texture of hair while inhibiting hair loss. Horsetail is a type of plant commonly used as an herbal remedy for hair loss because of its silicon content and impact on collagen levels. However, there is insufficient evidence for these claims. Sea kelp is believed to help boost hair growth however, the evidence on this is limited as well.
Does Moon Juice SuperHair Supplement Work?
While some of the ingredients in SuperHair can help to improve your luscious locks, others may just provide a boost of the placebo effect. Replenishing any vitamin and mineral deficiencies and reducing stress with adaptogens will provide a good dose of benefits for many but the results will vary from person to person and there is no guarantee. Based on the reviews on Moonjuice.com, many have found this supplement to be great for boosting and maintaining healthy hair.
Who is it Best For?
Moon Juice SuperHair supplement is best for a healthy individual who does not have any chronic conditions, isn’t pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or lactating and wishes to improve the health of their hair from the inside out. This supplement would likely be most beneficial for someone who struggles to get a wide variety of foods in their diet and may suffer from some nutrient deficiencies that could impact hair growth and luster.
Claims vs Reality
Moon Juice SuperHair claims to promote stronger, thicker, smoother, and healthier hair while reducing hair loss. With a large array of happy customers, their product appears to be a hit for many. Although not all the ingredients in this hair supplement are backed by a sufficient amount of research, they are not harmful and could bring other vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, or other valuable nutrients to the table. Although more research studies are needed, it appears this blend has been successful at helping many improve the health of their hair.
Moon Juice SuperHair Supplement Safety & Side Effects
There are no serious side effects when taking the Moon Juice SuperHair supplement but those who are taking medications for a chronic condition should speak with their doctor before taking this supplement. This product should also be avoided for those who are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or lactating.
Where to Buy Moon Juice SuperHair Supplement
You can purchase this product directly from their website moonjuice.com, or online at Amazon or Sephora. You can purchase a 120-capsule bottle for $60 or subscribe to their website and save 10% and get free shipping on their products bringing the price down to $54. Each bottle contains a 30-day supply of supplements with the recommended serving size of 4 capsules each morning.