- About Brain Dust
- Moon Juice Brain Dust Benefits
- Moon Juice Brain Dust Ingredients
- Does Moon Juice Brain Dust Work?
- Who Is Moon Juice Brain Dust Best For?
- Claims vs. Reality
- Is Brain Dust Safe?
- Where To Buy Moon Juice Brain Dust
Moon Juice is a company that’s here to dust your brain, sleep, and health with all-natural supplements, skincare, and food. They do this in response to founder Amanda Chantal Bacon’s experience with an autoimmune condition she was told was impossible to correct, even though she eventually did after educating herself on diet, lifestyle, spirit, and traditional wisdom.
You may have heard of other Moon Juice supplements before, such as Moon Juice Dream Dust. So, here is a look at another one of the results of Bacon’s hard work, Brain Dust. This supplement is a blend of adaptogenic herbs meant to boost your focus, learning ability, memory, and overall cognitive function. Does it measure up to all of its claims? Let’s find out in this Moon Juice Brain Dust Review.
About Brain Dust
Brain Dust uses a blend of adaptogens such as maca, lion’s mane mushroom, ginkgo biloba, and Rhodiola to keep your cognitive function at its optimum. This includes helping you have a better memory, less brain fog, better learning ability, and the mental clarity to put you into a whole new category of “hustle” at work.
Plus, the ingredients in Brain Dust help you in other areas, such as relieving stress and its symptoms, boosting your body’s blood flow, and providing you with smooth, non-jittery energy when it’s time to work hard, and relaxation when it’s time to rest.
Moon Juice Brain Dust Benefits
Lion’s Mane is a type of edible mushroom that can not only reduce your risk for chronic diseases such as cancer and type II diabetes but protect your brain and central nervous system.
In fact, lion’s mane has even shown promise in fighting dementia, and studies have shown improved mental performance in Alzheimer’s patients after daily lion’s mane supplementation over a 6-month period.
Better Focus, Concentration, And Mental Acuity
The blend of adaptogens in Brain Dust are all designed to do one thing: work in synergy with each other to give you focus, concentration, and the quick wits of a standup comic.
For instance, ashwagandha is known to promote mental stamina and clear thinking, while ginkgo is known to boost blood circulation so that your brain gets more of what it needs to absorb more information while keeping you focused.
Promotes Healthy Blood Flow
The astragalus and ginkgo in Brain Dust opens up capillaries and relax blood vessels for better blood flow. This not only helps you think more clearly due to the increased oxygen in your brain, but it also boosts your energy and stamina while reducing your risk for many chronic diseases such as heart attack, stroke, and type II diabetes.
Not only does increased blood flow sky-out your energy levels, adaptogens are known for their ability to work with your body’s adrenals so that you have energy when you need it, but can relax (and sleep!) when it’s time.
Moon Juice Brain Dust Ingredients
The Moon Juice Brain Dust formula includes 2g of carbohydrates, 1g of fiber, and 0g of sugar per serving. It also includes 3g of the Brain Dust proprietary blend that uses 6 major ingredients. Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients of this proprietary blend below.
Named due to what they look like while growing, lion’s mane is a culinary mushroom that has long been used medicinally for its benefits to the brain, heart, and gut.
It may also help guard against, and possibly reverse, symptoms of dementia such as Alzheimer’s, and may also help improve symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Ginkgo works by increasing nitric oxide in the blood, which dilates your blood vessels. When paired with astragalus’ ability to do the same, this results in better oxygen uptake in the brain and body. By boosting oxygen in the brain, you get clearer thinking, better memory, better problem-solving ability, and better overall cognitive health.
Rhodiola is an herb often used to manage stress and control adrenal health. It also helps increase stamina and may reduce symptoms of depression. This goes along with other mental health benefits resulting from the reduced mental fatigue and increased cognitive function which rhodiola provides.
Ashwagandha helps your body adapt to stress and reduces the overproduction of cortisol. This means reduced brain fog, better concentration, less depression, reduced anxiety, better sleep, and a heightened sense of wellbeing.
It also has anti-inflammatory properties that help both your brain and body to be healthier and happier.
Though it is still unclear specifically why, studies show astragalus as having mental benefits, particularly in improving the mental condition of diabetics.
This genus of around 3000 species (including locoweed) has also long been used in Chinese medicine, and has anti-inflammatory properties, can boost the immune system, and may even help protect against cancer.
Also known as Peruvian Ginseng, maca grows at altitudes above 13,000 feet in the Peruvian Andes. In fact, most adaptogens grow in harsh, inhospitable environments, and one theory has it that it’s their ability to adapt to these conditions that allow them to help you adapt to stress. Whether this is true or not? Who knows, though, it is interesting that nearly all adaptogens grow at high altitude, in arid climates, or other harsh environments.
Getting back to maca though, this root has long been used for its benefits to male fertility, and is popular in treating menopause in women. It also has mental benefits, and can reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression, which likely has to do with its ability to balance hormones.
Does Moon Juice Brain Dust Work?
If you’re suffering from depression, anxiety, stress, and insomnia, Brain Dust can help. Not only are the adaptogens in it scientifically proven to decrease symptoms of stress, depression, and anxiety, they relieve inflammation, balance sex hormones, and improve your overall health and wellbeing.
Who Is Moon Juice Brain Dust Best For?
Anyone not allergic to Brain Dust’s ingredients needing relief from the brain fog, depression, anxiety, and insomnia stress provides will love this product. This includes those who are older and need to guard against age-related mental decline.
The product is also vegan-friendly, gluten-free, and contains no stimulants (remember, adaptogens adapt to your energy needs rather than just buzzing you out on adrenals).
But it is not recommended for children under the age of 4, and anyone with medical conditions, who are pregnant or breastfeeding, or who are on medications of any kind should check with their doctor before using Brain Dust.
Claims vs. Reality
There is plenty of science backing Moon Juice’s claims, and used as directed, there is no reason you shouldn’t experience more energy, clearer thinking, better sleep, increased learning and memory, and reduced depression and anxiety.
Is Brain Dust Safe?
While too much of a good thing is never recommended, so long as you stay within the recommended dosage, the only side effects you should see are positive, as in, better brain function and reduced stress response.
This doesn’t mean that everyone responds the same to adaptogens, and it is also recommended that you start small and work up to where your results are optimum.
Where To Buy Moon Juice Brain Dust
At $38 for what we assume to be a 1-month supply (seriously Moon Juice, no indication of servings-per-container here?), Brain Dust is a reasonable value, even despite Moon Juice’s chi chi “luxury spa” image.
But you can get the product for an additional 10% off along with free shipping when you sign up for a prescription, which makes the product a decent value, especially when you consider its many health benefits.
Along with Moon Juice’s own website and Los Angeles area stores, Brain Dust is widely available through online retailers, including Amazon and many independents, and through traditional retailers such as Sephora.
- The Neuroprotective Effect of Hericium erinaceus Extracts in Mouse Hippocampus after Pilocarpine-Induced Status Epilepticus— https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6413080/#:~:text=Hericium%20erinaceus%20(HE)%2C%20also,8%2C9%2C10%5D.
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom— https://www.alzdiscovery.org/uploads/cognitive_vitality_media/Lions-Mane-Cognitive-Vitality-For-Researchers.pdf
- Ginkgo biloba extract improves coronary artery circulation in patients with coronary artery disease: contribution of plasma nitric oxide and endothelin-1— https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18446847/
- Ginkgo biloba extract improves coronary blood flow in healthy elderly adults: role of endothelium-dependent vasodilation— https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18258419/
- Rhodiola rosea in stress induced fatigue–a double blind cross-over study of a standardized extract SHR-5 with a repeated low-dose regimen on the mental performance of healthy physicians during night duty— https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11081987/
- A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults–https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23439798/
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled evaluation of the anxiolytic efficacy ff an ethanolic extract of withania somnifera–https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21407960/
- Effects of Astragalus polysaccharides on memory impairment in a diabetic rat model–https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4936836/#:~:text=Astragalus%20mongholicus%20(Huangqi)%20was%20documented,glucose%20level%20in%20diabetic%20patients.&text=More%20importantly%2C%20it%20has%20the,functions%20in%20a%20diabetic%20model.&text=However%2C%20the%20exact%20ingredients%20involved,mongholicus%20are%20not%20identified.
- Maca reduces blood pressure and depression, in a pilot study in postmenopausal women–https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24931003/
- Beneficial effects of Lepidium meyenii (Maca) on psychological symptoms and measures of sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women are not related to estrogen or androgen content–https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18784609/