- What Is GS-85?
- GS-85 Ingredients
- GS-85 Dosage, Packaging, and Pricing
- GS-85 Pros vs. Cons
- Claims vs. Reality
- GS-85 Competitors & Alternatives
- Final Verdict: Is GS-85 Worth It?
- GS-85 FAQ
Maintaining normal blood sugar levels is essential to a normal-functioning body. Your blood sugar levels measure the amount of glucose circulating in your blood. When these levels are too high or too low, it could lead to a world of health problems, including diabetes and heart disease.
Glucose is broken down from the carbohydrates you eat. Once consumed, glucose is absorbed by virtually every cell in your body. It enters the cell’s mitochondria, which is where ATP is created. ATP is a molecule that stores and transfers energy from the cell to the rest of the body.
While glucose is the body’s primary energy source, it’s not always absorbed into the cell’s mitochondria properly. This occurs when the body becomes insensitive to insulin, which is responsible for encouraging the body’s uptake of glucose — known as insulin resistance.
When glucose isn’t absorbed, it continues to circulate in the blood and increases your blood sugar levels. This leads to hunger since your cells aren’t getting enough energy, thirst because your kidneys are flushing out the extra glucose (and body fluid), and overall lack of energy.
So, the question becomes, is there anything out there that can help? That’s where GS-85 by Nucentix claims to come in to save the day. This glucose support supplement is designed to support healthy blood sugar levels to keep the proper amount of glucose circulating through your blood. Does it really do all it claims? Let’s take a closer look at this glucose support supplement to find out if it’s worth the cost in this GS-85 review!
What Is GS-85?
GS-85 is a glucose support formula (‘GS’ stands for glucose support) produced and manufactured by Nucentix — a supplement company located in Denver, Colorado. Nucentix is backed by Dr. Charles Williams, a physician that proudly served in the United States Military.
Dr. Charles Williams has practiced medicine for 20 years and was always struggling to find a quality and reliable supplement for his patients with erratic blood sugar levels. Ever since he came across GS-85 by Nucentix, he knew it was a supplement he wanted to get behind.
GS-85 is designed to support digestion, a healthy metabolism, immune system function, and healthy blood sugar levels. It contains 100% natural ingredients from around the world and has helped thousands of people regain control of their erratic blood sugar and live a healthier lifestyle.
If you’re looking for a quality glucose support formula, GS-85 could be exactly what you’re looking for. Don’t worry; we’re going to break down everything you need to know below — including the ingredients, pros and cons, pricing, and any other questions you might have.
The GS-85 formula contains a mixture of vitamins, minerals, herbal extracts, and more. For example, you’ll find three essential vitamins — Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Vitamin B7 (Biotin) — and four essential minerals — Magnesium, Zinc, Manganese, and Chromium.
It also contains a Proprietary GS-20 Complex, a proprietary blend of Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Licorice Extract, Cinnamon Bark, Gymnema Sylvestre, Yarrow Flowers, Cayenne, Juniper Berries, White Mulberry Leaf, Vanadium, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, and L-Taurine.
Let’s take a closer look at each of these ingredients and how they might help your body maintain healthy blood sugar (glucose) levels, improve digestion, enhance immune system function, and boost metabolism.
Vitamins & Minerals
Vitamins and minerals are essential to a healthy and normal-functioning body. They provide a wide range of benefits and can be consumed in a variety of ways. Although getting vitamins and minerals through a whole food diet is recommended, supplements can help avoid deficiencies.
Let’s take a look at the three vitamins and four minerals found in the GS-85 formula by Nucentix:
- Vitamin C – some studies suggest that those with high blood sugar levels have low levels of Vitamin C. It can also help improve the immune system.
- Vitamin E – improves insulin action, decreases plasma fasting insulin and glucose, decreases oxidative stress, and reduces inflammation.
- Vitamin B7 – a deficiency in biotin (Vitamin B7) can disrupt blood sugar regulation in the body.
- Chromium – some studies suggest that chromium can be beneficial for those with diabetes or insulin resistance by improving glucose regulation and insulin sensitivity.
- Magnesium – helps regulate blood sugar levels, decreases blood pressure, and promotes healthy bones.
- Manganese – a deficiency of manganese can cause glucose intolerance. Supplementing with manganese can help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Zinc – some studies suggest that zinc can help lower fasting blood glucose and total cholesterol in those with or without diabetes.
While studies suggest the vitamins and minerals above can help lower blood sugar levels, more research is needed. That’s not to say they won’t help, but it’s definitely not guaranteed. The good news is your body needs adequate amounts of each vitamin and mineral regardless each day.
Proprietary GS-20 Complex
The Proprietary GS-20 Complex is supposed to be the real money-maker with this supplement. It contains a proprietary blend of 13 different herbal extracts and nutrients designed to improve immune function, regulate blood sugar levels, improve digestion, and enhance metabolism.
Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients included in the Proprietary GS-20 Complex:
- Banaba – the leaves of the banaba tree can reduce blood sugar levels, has antioxidant properties, lower cholesterol, and reduce the risk of obesity.
- Guggul – a gum resin that has anti-inflammatory properties, regulates cholesterol and blood sugar levels, reduces acne, and improves hypothyroidism.
- Bitter Melon – a tropical vine that’s rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin A, regulates blood sugar, helps fight cancer, reduces cholesterol, and aids weight loss.
- Licorice Extract – the root of the licorice plant can aid skin conditions, reduce acid reflux and indigestion, improve blood sugar regulation, and boost weight loss.
- Cinnamon Bark – the bark of a cinnamon tree can improve metabolism, has antioxidant properties, lower cholesterol, improve insulin sensitivity, and lower blood sugar levels.
- Gymnema Sylvestre – a woody climbing shrub that reduces sugar cravings, lowers blood sugar levels, increases insulin production, and regulates cholesterol levels.
- Yarrow Flowers – the flowers from a yarrow plant can enhance wound healing, alleviate digestive issues, improve mood, aid brain health, and reduce inflammation.
- Cayenne – the cayenne pepper can boost your metabolism, reduce hunger, lower blood pressure, aid digestion, relieve pain, and improve the immune system.
- Juniper Berries – the seed cones from the juniper tree can reduce oxidative stress and inflammation, reduce blood sugar and cholesterol, and promote heart health.
- White Mulberry Leaf – the leaf of the white mulberry plant can help fight cancer, reduce cholesterol, and improve blood sugar regulation.
- Vanadium – this mineral can help lower blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol, reduce your risk of heart disease, and improve weight training.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid – this powerful antioxidant is naturally made in the mitochondria and lower blood sugar, reduce inflammation, aid weight loss, and reduce insulin resistance.
- L-Taurine – this amino acid can help maintain hydration, improve digestion, regulates the immune system, reduce fasting glucose levels, and reduce insulin resistance.
While this is a good combination of ingredients for lowering blood sugar levels, especially with diabetes patients, it’s a little disappointing that they’re featured in a proprietary blend. While other glucose supplements may favor more transparent formulas, like that found in 1MD GlucoseMD, GS-85’s use of a proprietary blend means we have no idea what the dosage of each ingredient is, only the dosage of the blend as a whole.
GS-85 Dosage, Packaging, and Pricing
The GS-85 packaging isn’t going to turn any heads, but it’s very clean and won’t contain any unnecessary claims — which is a good thing. It features a white bottle, a white cap, and a white label with black and blue lettering. There isn’t much to it, but sometimes that can be a positive.
On the back of the label, you’ll find the supplement facts. While we are given the exact dosages of each vitamin and mineral, that’s not true with the proprietary blend. Here’s a look at what you’ll find listed on the supplement facts:
- Vitamin C – 50 mg
- Vitamin E – 15 IU
- Magnesium – 125 mg
- Biotin – 300 mcg
- Zinc – 7.5 mg
- Manganese – 1 mg
- Chromium – 67 mcg
- GS-20 Complex – 415.2 mg
Each bottle contains just 30 capsules, but the good news is each serving size is just one capsule. That means one bottle will last you one month when taking one capsule per day, as intended. It also suggests taking each capsule with a meal for the best results.
You can purchase one bottle for $39, but can also save money by bundling if you intend to take it long-term. Three bottles will cost you $105 at $35 each, and six bottles will run you $174 at $29 each. They offer free shipping on all orders inside the United States.
GS-85 Pros vs. Cons
Supplements can do a lot of good for your health when used properly and taken as directed, but no supplement or formula is perfect by any means. What works for one person might not work for other people, and you’ll find a wide range of both benefits and downfalls to every supplement.
To ensure the GS-85 formula by Nucentix is the right supplement for you, we’re going to highlight all the pros and cons to this formula — including what we like and what we don’t like. It’ll give you a good overview of what we’ve learned up to this point and help you make a decision.
- Contains vitamins and minerals
- Contains a blend of 13 herbs and extracts
- Improves blood sugar levels, digestion, immune system, and metabolism
- Inexpensive compared to other glucose support formulas
- 180-day money-back guarantee
- Backed by Dr. Charles Williams
- Free shipping on all orders inside the United States
- Made in the USA
- Manufactured in GMP-certified facility
- Easy-to-consume capsules
- Only need to take one capsule per day
- Vegan-friendly and caffeine-free
- Proprietary blend, don’t know exact dosages
- Not proven to work with everyone
- Ingredients are backed by some studies, but need more research
- Not as effective as changing your whole-food diet
- Doesn’t include probiotics, Ginseng, Aloe Vera, or Berberine
Claims vs. Reality
The GS-85 supplement by Nucentix is designed to improve blood sugar regulation, insulin sensitivity, digestion, metabolism, and immune system function. After taking a closer look at each ingredient, it’s clear that this formula follows through and delivers on those claims.
In fact, all of the ingredients in this formula are designed to improve blood sugar levels, cholesterol levels, and insulin sensitivity in one way or another. Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berries, and Alpha-Lipoic Acid will all help improve immune system function as well.
Licorice Extract, Yarrow Flowers, Cayenne Pepper, and L-Taurine will improve digestion, while Cayenne Pepper and Cinnamon will improve metabolism. Overall, it’s a powerful combination of ingredients that are designed to do what they are intended to do.
With that said, it’s a little disappointing that they combine those ingredients in a proprietary blend. Since we have no way of knowing the exact dosages of each ingredient, we have no way of knowing just how effective those ingredients are.
GS-85 Competitors & Alternatives
Much like every other type of supplement on the market today, you’re going to find a wide range of different glucose support formulas, and they’re each unique in their own way. While things are no different with GS-85, it holds an advantage over the others by being a less expensive option.
For example, GlucoFort, 1MD GucoseMD, Gluconite, Blood Sugar Blaster, Sugar Balance, DiabaCore, Mellitox, CerraCare, and GlucoShield Pro are all listed at $69 per one-month supply. That’s $30 more expensive than GS-85, despite having a lot of the same ingredients.
Of course, most of those other formulas avoid proprietary blends, but that’s usually why the price is more expensive. At the end of the day, GS-85 does just as much (if not more) than the rest of the formulas listed above, is backed by a physician, and is much less expensive.
Final Verdict: Is GS-85 Worth It?
If you’re looking for a quality and reliable way to lower your blood sugar levels, reduce bad and total cholesterol, improve insulin sensitivity, boost your immune system, and enhance your metabolism and digestive health, then GS-85 is a great place to start.
It’s one of the cheaper glucose support formulas on the market today and only requires you to take one capsule per day. While it consists of a proprietary blend, that blend includes a wide range of ingredients that are backed by some research — though more research would help.
The good news is it’s generally regarded as safe and shouldn’t present any major side effects. It’s certainly worth a try if you’re looking to gain control of your blood sugar and cholesterol, though you should always speak with your doctor or physician before giving it a try.
By now, you should have a pretty firm idea of whether GS-85 is the right supplement for you. We went over everything you need to know about the formula, including the benefits, downfalls, ingredients, pricing, and how it compares to its competitors. We went over it all!
With that said, it’s perfectly normal to still have some questions, and we’re not going to leave you hanging. Below, we’ll touch base on some of the most frequently asked questions about this supplement — including what glucose is, what the mitochondria does, what ATP is, and more.
What is glucose?
When you consume carbohydrates, the body breaks it down into something known as glucose (sugar). Glucose is very important to the normal functioning of your body because it’s the main source of energy for all the cells in your body. It’s what gives you energy throughout the day.
Glucose, also known as blood sugar, is absorbed by the powerhouse of the cell — the mitochondria. The pancreas releases insulin to encourage the absorption of glucose into the mitochondria. Once it enters the mitochondria, it’s converted into something known as ATP.
What is ATP?
ATP is known as the body’s energy-carrying molecule. It’s what helps the body store and transfer energy throughout the body. Many people refer to it as the energy currency since it acts like a bank — but instead of money, it provides energy. Without ATP, cells would lack energy.
Like we mentioned above, ATP is created in the mitochondria of the cell. The mitochondria converts the food we eat (glucose, fat) into ATP consistently throughout the day. When the body needs energy, it relies on this constant production of ATP.
What does the mitochondria do?
The mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell. It’s where glucose is converted into ATP, which allows for the transfer of energy from one cell to the rest of the body. In fact, the mitochondria, which is found in all cells, produce nearly 90% of the chemical energy needed for cell function.
What is insulin?
Insulin is a peptide hormone produced by the pancreas, a small gland located behind your stomach. The body sends a signal to the pancreas when blood sugar levels are increasing, which tells the pancreas to release insulin. Once released, it encourages glucose absorption.
This is important to your daily health because it helps control and maintain normal blood sugar levels. If glucose isn’t absorbed properly, blood sugar levels increase — which means there’s too much glucose circulating in the blood. This can create a wide range of health problems.
What are the symptoms of high or low blood sugar?
Hyperglycemia, also known as high blood sugar, is extremely common in diabetic patients. It occurs when the body doesn’t have enough insulin to absorb glucose. Symptoms include frequent urination, drowsiness, nausea, fatigue, hunger, thirst, and blurring of the vision.
Hypoglycemia, also known as low blood sugar, can occur if a diabetic individual doesn’t eat enough food. It’s also common in those that exercise too often. Symptoms include a rising heartbeat, shaking, sweating, anxiety, hunger, dizziness, weakness, fatigue, and irritability.