In 2009, Mindbodygreen (mbg) was founded with a mission to provide daily tools for health through beauty and wellness supplements. Combining functional medicine and personalized nutrition, Mindbodygreen delivers premium ingredients that are based on science.
Mindbodygreen Cellular Beauty+ is a vegan cosmetic supplement that targets the skin at the cellular level to leave you with a younger, refreshed look. Each dose delivers four bioactive phytochemicals that support more radiant skin, in just a matter of weeks.
Is this too good to be true? Keep reading our Cellular Beauty+ review to find out.
Cellular Beauty+ Benefits
Cellular Beauty+ delivers plant-based phytochemicals that act on skin cells, targeting cellular metabolism, energy, and anti-aging processes. These ingredients can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, increase skin hydration, and protect against damaging UV rays.
As with any unregulated supplement, the health claims made by Collagen Beauty+ have not been evaluated by the FDA. However, Mindbodygreen does a great job of providing the science and clinical evidence to support these claims.
Going beyond simply citing the research, Mindbodygreen provides a 12-week timeline of what to expect from each ingredient. They do caution that results may vary, and that timing is estimated based on clinical trials.
At a dose of two capsules per day, the below benefits can be expected:
- Week 1: Increased cellular energy
- Week 3: Increased protection against UV rays and reduced appearance of wrinkles
- Week 6: Improved skin moisture, flexibility, and plumpness for reduced fine lines
- Week 8: Reduced oxidative stress
- Week 12+: Renewed cellular activity and continued skin benefits
Cellular Beauty+ Ingredients
Cellular Beauty+ is made of natural ingredients that are sustainably sourced. Prioritizing quality and safety standards, Mindbodygreen follows good manufacturing practices (GMPs) to ensure the purity and potency of their formulations.
This product claims to be free of animal products, additives, flavoring, contaminants, and the big 8 allergens. Without added fillers, each dose is concentrated in active compounds.
- Vegan, GMO-free, MSG-free
- No gluten, eggs, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, or soy
- Low or no FODMAPs, low or no lectins
- No binders, preservatives, coatings, shellacs, gums, emulsifiers, or thickeners
- No artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, high fructose corn syrup, or stevia
To verify the potency and purity of ingredients, Mindbodygreen conducts four rounds of testing in certified labs. To ensure quality throughout the life of the product, Mindbodygreen recommends storing it tightly sealed in a cool, dry place without direct sunlight.
Astaxanthin is a phytochemical that provides yellow, orange, and red pigments for plants. In humans, it protects against harmful UV skin damage and acts as an antioxidant to preserve the collagen in our skin.
Each dose of Cellular Beauty+ contains 6 mg of astaxanthin isolated from green algae. This has been shown to enhance moisture, flexibility, and smoothness of skin in as little as six weeks. It may also reduce the appearance of wrinkles and dark spots in less than 16 weeks.
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a naturally occurring antioxidant in humans found in every cell of the body, including the skin. It is vital for cellular energy production and supports natural housekeeping processes that refresh cells.
To activate CoQ10, it must be converted from ubiquinone into ubiquinol, its most bioavailable form. Our ability to make this conversion decreases with age.
Cellular Beauty+ delivers 100 mg of ubiquinol isolated from yeast, to support cellular energy and combat aging related to oxidative damage. CoQ10 reduces signs of oxidative stress in 8 weeks, while reducing the appearance of wrinkles, in 12 weeks.
As a precaution, it is recommended to take this product during the day, with food, which helps with absorption. Ubiquinol’s proven ability to support energy production in cells may contribute to alertness for some individuals if taken too close to bedtime.
Cellular Beauty+ contains 200 mg of whole fruit pomegranate extract, which supports antioxidant activities and protects skin from UV damage.
Often referred to as a superfood, pomegranate is concentrated in bioactive antioxidants that demonstrate photoprotective actions in skin in as little as one to four weeks.
Ceramides play a key role in skin barrier integrity and function. They help lock in moisture to tighten skin and support elasticity and decreases as we age.
Cellular Beauty+ contains 30 mg of plant-based ceramides in each serving. This dose has demonstrated the ability to hydrate skin and reduce wrinkles in as little as 15 days, with even stronger results in 8 weeks.
Although the source is not clearly stated on the website, the label does disclose triticum vulgare (wheat) as the origin.
It is important to note that this product does not include a certified gluten-free label and lists ‘gluten-free wheat’ as an ingredient, making it unsuitable for those with celiac disease. Wheat must also be genetically modified to remove gluten, making this a GMO ingredient.
Cellular Beauty+ claim to be free of binders, preservatives, coatings, shellacs, gums, emulsifiers, or thickeners, which is misleading.
Hypromellose is the vegetable capsule housing the bioactive ingredients. Microcrystalline cellulose is a plant fiber that is used as a filler. Silicon dioxide is an anti-caking agent that prevents clumps.
Leucine is an amino acid found in collagen, although it is not one of the main collagen-building amino acids (glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline).
Does Cellular Beauty+ Work?
Cellular Beauty+ delivers a powerful dose of bioactive ingredients that are shown to support restorative cell processes, protect against oxidative damage and harmful UV rays, and lock in moisture to support more radiant skin.
Although it does not contain compounds that support collagen production in the skin (vitamin E, C, hyaluronic acid) it does contain potent phytonutrients that nourish skin cells to target aging at the cellular level.
Cellular Beauty+ is most effective when taken daily, for at least 12 weeks, as part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
How Does Cellular Beauty+ Compare?
Cellular Beauty+ is a vegan skincare supplement that fights aging with premium ingredients that are backed by clinical research. With an emphasis on sustainability, each product is delivered in eco-friendly packaging made from 100% recyclable materials.
For a vegan supplement containing phytoceramides, Murad’s Youth Renewal Supplement presents the most affordable option at roughly $55 or a 30-day supply.
- Free of artificial colorants and animal products.
- Same dose of phytoceramides, although the plant source is not disclosed.
- Vitamins A, C, E, zinc, copper, and manganese to provide supplemental collagen building support not offered through Cellular Beauty+.
- Like Cellular Beauty+, this product claims to be non-GMO and gluten-free although it lists genetically altered wheat as an ingredient.
- Murad also commits to sustainability using recyclable packaging and vegetable inks.
- Bioactive ingredients shown to be effective in 12 weeks, with claims supported by clinical research.
- Youth Renewal line includes a cleanser, serum, and night cream for layered support.
- Murad offers 25% off the first order, and 10% off for a monthly subscription.
For a vegetarian option containing bioactive astaxanthin, MoonJuice’s Super Beauty presents a good alternative.
- Vegetarian, rather than vegan, meaning it may contain dairy and/or eggs.
- Contains 4 mg of astaxanthin compared to 6 mg in Cellular Beauty+.
- Vitamins C, D, E, copper, glutathione, NAC, biotin, and adaptogens may deliver added skin benefits not offered by Cellular Beauty+.
- Each bottle provides a 30-day supply available as a one-time purchase for $60, or as a monthly subscription for 10% off and free shipping. Free shipping is only included for orders over $65.
- Part of the Super Supplement line includes SuperHair, SuperYou, and SuperPower for comprehensive hair, stress, and immune support.
- Offer an extended 45-day money-back guarantee compared to mbg’s 30-day window.
Who is Cellular Beauty+ Best For?
As the name suggests, Cellular Beauty+ is a cosmetic supplement that fights the aging process at the cellular level. It is best for adults looking for a natural remedy for youthful, radiant skin, and who are committed to taking a daily supplement for long-term use.
For those with food allergies, dietary restrictions, IBS, or vegan and vegetarian lifestyles, Cellular Beauty+ is an appropriate choice. For those with celiac disease, it is not recommended.
Claims vs. Reality
Cellular Beauty+ is likely to support healthier, more nourished skin, although effects will also vary by individual. It fights aging through antioxidant and cellular support, enhanced skin hydration and protection again damaging sun exposure.
Backed by experts including a registered dietitian, physicians, and Chinese medicine practitioners, this product is supported by scientific research and clinical practice.
Is Cellular Beauty+ Safe?
Cellular Beauty+ is not regulated by the FDA or required to meet safety or quality standards. Despite this, Mindbodygreen has taken the extra steps to emphasize quality, transparency, and sustainable practices.
While ingredients and dosing are safe for the general public, certain label claims should be taken with caution.
Cellular Beauty+ claims to be free of gluten but lists ‘gluten free wheat’ as an ingredient. Without a certified gluten-free label, this product is not appropriate for those with celiac disease.
Similarly, it claims to be free of GMOs although it contains genetically modified wheat. However, wheat contributes less than 1% of total ingredients which meets non-GMO labeling criteria.
Ingredients have not been linked to harmful effects, however, Mindbodygreen cautions pregnant or breastfeeding women to consult a health care provider before adding cellular beauty+ to their routine.
Where to Buy Cellular Beauty+?
Cellular Beauty+ is available online through the Mindbodygreen website.
Get up to 15% OFF
- Formula includes Astaxanthin, Ubiquinol CoQ10, and more
- Vegan, GMO-free, and MSG-free
- Benefits cellular energy, skin health, and more
- High-dose supplement concentrated in active ingredients.
- Contains four bioactive compounds, while most supplements contain one or two active ingredients.
- Supported by scientific research and clinical evidence.
- Free of animal products, additives, flavoring, contaminants, and most allergens, making it suitable for food allergies, dietary restrictions, IBS, or vegan and vegetarian lifestyles.
- Prioritize transparency, quality, and ethical standards to build trust
- Ingredients have not been linked to harmful effects for the general public.
- Each bottle of Cellular Beauty+ delivers a 30-day supply and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Purchases over $35 qualify for free shipping.
- Certain label claims should be considered with caution.
- Potential for stronger anti-aging effects if it also supported collagen production in skin.
- Cellular Beauty+ is only available online through the Mindbodygreen website, which limits availability.
- Limited affordability at $90 for a one-time purchase or $76 for a monthly subscription. While high-quality and potent ingredients may warrant a higher price tag, this is quite costly for long-term use.