Performance Lab® Mind is a specially formulated nootropic that enhances cognitive functions. The world of nootropics seems to be growing every day, yet so many people are unaware of what they are and how they can help improve your quality of life. To make matters worse, many nootropics make claims that aren’t true, making it even more difficult for the consumer.
Finding a nootropic that suits your lifestyle shouldn’t be difficult. You should have access to the necessary resources to help you make an informed decision when shopping for a nootropic supplement.
That’s what we’re here for, helping you unravel the truths behind the various supplements out there. Today, we’re going to look at one of the powerhouses inside the nootropic community — Performance Lab Mind.
By the time you finish this Performance Lab Mind review, you’ll have a better idea of what nootropics are, what makes Performance Lab Mind special, what ingredients are featured, and so much more. Let’s get started!
What Is Performance Lab Mind?
When it comes to nootropics, there aren’t many companies that do it better than Performance Lab. They supply a wide range of health and performance supplements designed to improve just about anything you can think of.
Where most supplements don’t take quality into consideration -rather opting for cheap products and profit margins -Performance Lab is different. It’s one of the reasons they’ve gained so much respect in the supplement community and continue to lead the way in most categories.
Their supplements are 100% free of gluten, caffeine, allergens, synthetic additives, artificial colors, and preservatives and are non-GMO and non-irradiated. They ensure everything is clearly listed on the back of the label, including ingredients, dosages, and directions.
Performance Lab also takes the time to explain the different studies and research being performed on their ingredients. Their labs, where all the magic happens, are always compliant with the latest rules and follow the FDA, NSF cGMP, NPA, UL, 21 CFR Part 111, Prop 65, USDA Organic, USP, HACCP, STR, HCCR-NHPD, ESC, and US Pharmacopeia guidelines.
If you’re new to the nootropic community, don’t worry. We’ll explain everything you need to know before purchasing a supplement like Performance Lab Mind.
What Are Nootropics?
Nootropics are a specific line of supplements that target cognitive function, which is how well the brain works. It’s a similar concept to the movie Limitless with Bradley Cooper, just a more realistic version.
Nootropics help the brain directly in various ways, but these effects also produce indirect effects throughout the body to improve functions and processes all over. The five significant ways they assist the brain are mood, energy, health, focus, and memory.
Let’s take a closer look at each one:
- Mood – by targeting the production, synthesis, and release of dopamine and serotonin, nootropics help us regulate our mood and feel happy.
- Energy – producing ATP for the brain to use as energy is a crucial way nootropics help deliver energy and keep the brain going through intense practice.
- Health – oxidative stress and inflammation lead to an increased rate of cognitive decline, but nootropics can help slow this down. They also improve blood flow to the brain.
- Focus – by targeting the production, synthesis, and release of adrenaline and noradrenaline (also referred to as epinephrine and norepinephrine), nootropics help you concentrate on the task at hand.
- Memory – delivering choline to the brain helps increase the production, synthesis, and release of acetylcholine. This is the primary neurotransmitter in the brain responsible for memory, recall, and information processing.
You can understand how improving these five areas of your life can have you feeling like a new person. You’ll be more efficient, productive, active, and tuned in to the task at hand.
What Makes A Good Nootropic Stack?
New nootropic stacks are being created every year, and it can be difficult for someone new to the community to find one that’s safe and effective. Believe it or not, nootropic ingredients have been around for hundreds, some of them thousands of years.
Still, they’re relatively new to the Western world, and much like anything else in this part of the world, there are plenty of options. They won’t all be made equal, either. To find a nootropic stack that’s right for you, here are some tips:
- Find one that utilizes ingredients with scientific-based evidence.
- Make sure the dosages are clearly labeled on the back of the supplement and make sure it’s safe.
- Look for nootropics that avoid synthetic additives, caffeine, artificial flavors, and banned substances.
- Look for one that’s safe to use on a daily basis.
- Pay attention to customer feedback and reviews; they’ll tell you a great deal about the supplement.
- Look for the form you prefer the most, whether it’s a capsule, powder, gel, etc.
At the end of the day, the most important thing you can do when shopping for a supplement is looking at the ingredient label. It’ll tell you everything you need to know. If it doesn’t, look for another supplement because they’re likely hiding something.
What Does Performance Lab Mind Claim To Do?
When looking at new supplements, you want to make sure you understand the different claims being made about the supplement. It might sound strange, but it’ll help you understand how the company is valuing the product.
Price is important since most supplements are expensive. Making sure you confirm the claims about the product are true is essential to knowing your supplement is worth the money. With that being said, let’s take a look at what Performance Lab Mind claims to do:
- Improve brain power, brain health, and burnout resistance
- Supports energy, focus, memory, speed, motivation, and recovery
- Non-GMO, non-irradiated, and 100% free of gluten, caffeine, allergens, synthetic additives, artificial colors, and preservatives
- Helps performance during stressful and high-pressure situations
- Improves blood flow to the brain
- Safe for daily use
As you can see, Performance Lab Mind claims to deliver an all-in-one supplement that targets all areas of cognitive function. That might seem like a bold claim to some people since the stack only includes four ingredients, but we’ll get into those soon.
Stacking Performance Lab Mind With Other Performance Lab Supplements
Performance Lab is known for providing a wide range of supplements, including Performance Lab Prebiotic, Performance Lab Flex, Performance Lab Stim, Performance Lab Energy, and many more. Since they take the safety of their supplements very seriously, a majority of their supplements can be used in conjunction with each other.
Here are some of their other supplements that make an effective pair with Performance Lab Mind:
- Performance Lab Energy – for a natural and cellular boost of energy, take this stim-free energy supplement to compliment the Mind stack.
- Performance Lab MCT – for a ketone-induced energy boost, MCTs are an effective way of getting energy without the use of stimulants.
- Performance Lab Sleep – after a productive day with your Mind supplement, it’s time to unwind the right way with Sleep.
- Performance Lab Stim – if you’re someone who likes stimulants, Stim is the perfect addition to Mind’s stim-free formula.
In their own unique ways, the supplements above will help enhance the benefits you receive with Performance Lab Mind. Just make sure you follow the directions listed clearly on the back of the label.
Performance Lab Mind Ingredients
Now that we know more about the background behind Performance Lab Mind, it’s time to take a look at what’s inside this supplement. The ingredients tell us a lot about what to expect from this supplement, so it’s important to stay diligent when researching these.
Performance Lab Mind keeps it simple with just four ingredients — Citicoline, Phosphatidylserine, L-Tyrosine, and Maritime Pine Bark Extract. The four ingredients are heavily studied and researched in the science and medical communities.
Let’s take a closer look at what’s in store.
Citicoline – 250mg
Benefits: improves glutamatergic synaptic transmission and LTP in the body, enhances cognitive function by improving memory, recall, information procession, and can increase the amount of dopamine in the brain
Source: found in the brain and helps produce the neurotransmitter acetylcholine and uridine, also found in vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and dairy products
Recommended Dosage: 200-250mg per day
Side Effects: trouble sleeping (insomnia), headache, constipation, diarrhea, nausea, stomach pain, blurred vision, and chest pains when taken in high doses
Phosphatidylserine – 100mg
Benefits: improves how neurotransmitters act inside the brain and the overall health of the brain, increases cell-signaling and energy produced in the cell, protects the brain from damage, improves brain maintenance, and promotes nerve cell renewal
Source: a chemical that’s structured similarly to a vitamin and produced in the body naturally, largely found in the brain, but some foods contain it like white beans, egg yolks, chicken liver, and beef liver
Recommended Dosage: 150-300mg per day
Side Effects: insomnia and upset stomach when taken in high doses
L-Tyrosine – 250mg
Benefits: improves the way the brain works under pressure and stress, works well in conjunction with stimulants, increases the production of catecholamine neurotransmitters, increases thyroid hormones and melanin, and improves mood
Source: found naturally in the body as an amino acid, converted from another amino acid phenylalanine, can also be found in protein-rich foods such as meats, dairy, eggs, beans, and nuts
Recommended Dosage: 500-2,000mg per day
Side Effects: nausea, headache, fatigue, heartburn, and joint pain when taken in high doses
Maritime Pine Bark Extract – 75mg
Benefits: regulates blood sugar, improves blood flow, the immune system, and nitric oxide production, helps keep the brain healthy, rich with antioxidants, reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in the body, and helps protect your skin from the sun
Source: also goes by the name pycnogenol, it’s the bark found on a tree native to south France (Pinus pinaster)
Recommended Dosage: 150-450mg per day
Side Effects: stomach upsets and headaches when taken in high doses
Performance Lab Mind Dosage, Packaging, & Pricing
Anyone who has purchased a Performance Lab supplement before will recognize the familiar packaging with Performance Lab Mind. It’s got the white bottle with the white top, as well as a matching white box that the bottle comes in.
With their Mind supplement, the big square in the middle of the front of the label is a light blue gradient color. The supplement name is located under the square, and the ingredients/directions are listed on the back.
Here’s a quick review of the ingredients we talked about above:
- Citicoline – 250mg
- Phosphatidylserine – 100mg
- L-Tyrosine – 250mg
- Maritime Pine Bark Extract – 75mg
Each bottle contains 30 capsules, and each serving is just one capsule, meaning one bottle lasts you one month when taking one capsule per day.
You can find this supplement online for $49 per bottle, but you do receive a free bottle with the purchase of three bottles.
Performance Lab Mind Pros vs. Cons
Now that we’ve gone over the science behind the supplement and the ingredients featured in the formula, we have a pretty good idea of what this supplement will do for your body and brain. It’s easily one of the best nootropics available today, but it’s not perfect.
To ensure we’re all on the same page, we’re going to list everything we’ve learned in an easy-to-read pros vs. cons list. The pros heavily outweigh the cons, but you should take each bullet point into consideration when purchasing this supplement.
- One of the most popular and effective nootropics on the market
- Only need to take one capsule per serving, making it easy to take daily
- Phosphatidylserine helps keep your brain healthy both short-term and long-term
- Citicoline effectively improves memory, information processing, and overall cognitive activity
- L-Tyrosine helps your brain perform better under stress and in high-pressured situations
- Maritime Pine Bark Extract is designed to improve blood flow and provide antioxidants for brain cells
- All dosages are safe and effective for daily use
- Label is accurate, and they’re transparent about how it’s made
- All ingredients come with research-backed support
- Helps improve all areas of cognitive health and function
- Non-GMO, non-irradiated, and 100% free of gluten, caffeine, allergens, synthetic additives, artificial colors, and preservatives
- Can be expensive for someone that takes it daily
- Adding BioPerine would be a good fifth addition to this stack
- While the simple formula is nice, it does leave out a wide range of proven nootropic ingredients
Claims vs. Reality
Earlier in the review, we discussed some of the major claims made with Performance Lab Mind. Now that we’ve had a chance to go through the ingredients and see what it’s truly made of, we can revisit those claims and see whether or not they were true.
Unlike most supplement companies, Performance Lab is keen on having their formulas rooted in science. If it doesn’t have evidence supporting it, it’s not worth the investment for Performance Lab — and that’s a quality trait to have in a company.
With the four ingredients in this formula, you’ll not only receive a boost in mental energy, focus, mood, and memory, but you’ll set your brain up for a healthy life that slows down the cognitive decline process.
Although there are a wide range of other nootropic ingredients that work in addition to these four ingredients, there’s no doubt that Performance Lab uses four of the best in this formula. With that being said, it’s hard to find anything bad to say about it. It does what you would expect it to do, and that’s all you can ask.
Performance Lab Mind Alternatives
We understand that not all supplements are made for everybody. Some people want a little more bang with their buck, while others are going to be more than happy with the simple formula. It doesn’t matter what you’re looking for; there’s a nootropic out there for you.
If the Performance Lab Mind supplement wasn’t quite cutting it for you, we’ve got three other formulas you’ll want to consider when shopping for nootropics.
Let’s take a look!
Mind Lab Pro
First up is Mind Lab Pro, a similar stack that takes Performance Lab Mind to the next level. It contains all four ingredients we’ve discussed in this review, but adds another seven ingredients to increase the effectiveness of the supplement.
The other seven ingredients are L-Theanine, Rhodiola Rosea, Vitamins B6, B9, B12, Bacopa Monnieri, and Lion’s Mane Mushroom. You’ll receive a massive memory boost with Bacopa and Lion’s Mane, while L-Theanine and Rhodiola Rosea help you relax and focus.
It’s going to cost a little more than Performance Lab Mind, and each serving size is two capsules (instead of one), but it’s well worth the extra money. Each bottle costs $65, but you can receive a fourth bottle for free when purchasing three.
While most supplements try to pack all the ingredients into one capsule, HVMN Nootrobox takes a unique route with their line of supplements. They have four different formulas that each target a specific nootropic area, helping you get a more concentrated dose of whatever you need.
The four supplements are Rise, Kado, Yawn, and Sprint. Rise (memory) has Bacopa, Ashwagandha, and Citicoline. Kado (omega-3) has Vitamins D3 and K, Omega-3s, and Astaxanthin. Sprint (focus and energy) has caffeine, l-theanine, and Panax ginseng. Finally, Yawn (sleep) has melatonin, l-theanine, and l-glycine.
Each supplement can be purchased individually for about $25-$30, but they also offer the four supplements as a ‘nootrobox’ where you get a month’s supply of each for just $110.
The third nootropic we’re going to highlight here is Qualia Mind. In terms of formulas, this one is the most complex of all we’ve discussed today. It contains a total of 28 functional ingredients and many of the ones we’ve already talked about.
You’ll find Bacopa, Rhodiola, ALCAR, L-Theanine, Alpha GPC, Citicoline, Phosphatidylserine, Ginkgo Biloba, and so much more. It’ll help improve every aspect of cognitive function and health, giving you an all-in-one solution.
The main downfall with Qualia Mind is the price. It’s $140 for a one-month supply, but it’s worth it if you can afford it. The other downfall is that you need to take 7 capsules per serving — if you want to take a full serving.
Final Verdict: Performance Lab Mind
It doesn’t matter what supplement you’re looking at; you’re not going to find a whole lot to complain about when talking about Performance Lab. They take their supplement formulas seriously and are careful about what ingredients they add to their stacks.
With their Mind formula, they give you an extremely basic formula, but one that’s proven to work. You’ll get everything from a boost in brain health to a memory boost, energy boost, focus boost, and much more. It’s also safe for daily use, which you won’t find with all supplements.
More reviews of Performance Lab products:
- Performance Lab MCT Oil Review
- Performance Lab Nutrigenesis Multi Review
- Performance Lab Stim Review
- Performance Lab Energy Review
- Performance Lab Omega-3 Review
- Performance Lab T-Booster Review
- Performance Lab Burn Review
- Performance Lab Prebiotic Review
- Performance Lab Sleep Review
- Performance Lab Flex Review