- About Renew Life
- Why Cleansing is Important?
- What is the Renew Life 3-Day Cleanse?
- 3-Day Cleanse Key Ingredients
- Total Body Reset Recommended Dosage
- Benefits of the 3-Day Cleanse
- How Does the Renew Life Supplement Work?
- Side Effects of the 3-Day Cleanse
- Where to buy 3-Day Cleanse
- Best Places to Buy 3-Day Cleanse
- In Summary
You’re in the gym, and your training partner asks a strange question. Do you cleanse? Don’t be insulted. Your partner is not remarking on your body’s cleanliness. Rather, he/she is asking if you detox or do digestive cleanses. Cleansing has become vastly popular of late and its big business. The product we’ll review in this article, the 3- Day Cleanse – Total Body Reset, is owned by Renew Life®. Perhaps you’ve never heard of them? Well, we’re betting you’ve heard of the company that owns Renew Life®, the Clorox Company of Oakland, CA, a $6.2 billion corporation. What is a major consumer products company doing in the highly segmented and unregulated nutritional supplement business? Read on.
About Renew Life
Per Clorox’s 2016 press release, “The digestive supplement market currently represents sales of at least $10 billion in the U.S. alone and is currently growing at about 7 percent annually. The probiotics subcategory, which is $1.3 billion in the U.S., is expected to grow at 15 percent per year, and probiotics products represent about two-thirds of current Renew Life sales. Numerous studies support the general benefit of probiotics in supporting a healthy digestive tract.”
So, yes, there’s that, Renew Life’s Ultimate Flora brand is #1 in probiotic sales. But digestive health is far more than just prebiotics, probiotics, and fiber supplements. As we mentioned earlier, cleansing is also big business, and the 3-Day Cleanse – Total Body Reset is the #1 selling brand in the cleanse segment. It’s also an award-winning formulation, having won the Best of Supplements Award—Detox & Cleansing the past three years running.
In this article, we’ll review the 3- Day Cleanse – Total Body Reset, from Renew Life®. First, we’ll provide an overview of why people cleanse. Next, we’ll discuss the product’s features and benefits, what the product is, and what it is not. We’ll investigate to determine if the product is meeting its marketing claims, although we assure you, any claims made will be substantiated by science, or Clorox would not allow it. We’ll inform you where you can find the product, review the cost-value relationship, and always provide you our rating in terms of effectiveness and value.
Why Cleansing is Important?
We live in a toxic environment. Chemicals are everywhere; in our food, the water, the air we breathe, and in household cleaning products. These toxins hinder the function of your liver and digestive system. So, many people view a cleanse as a purification. Still, others believe it will help with weight loss, reduce bloating, relieve constipation, and enhance energy. And, as we previously mentioned, cleanses are in vogue, and extremely popular today.
What is the Renew Life 3-Day Cleanse?
The 3-Day Cleanse is a dietary supplement, in vegetarian capsule form. It is a three-day, two-part program, with separate morning and evening dosages, made with advanced, proprietary herbal formulas. The product is designed to help eliminate waste and toxins, reduce bloating and water retention, restore regularity, and promote digestive function. The product does not contain gluten, dairy, or soy.
Important clarification – the product is positioned to eliminate, purify, reduce, and promote digestive health. The product is not advertised and makes no structure/function claims relating to weight loss. In our opinion, a three-day cleanse would not be useful as a weight management regimen.
3-Day Cleanse Key Ingredients
The 3-Day Cleanse consists of two formulations, one for the morning and the other for the evening. The morning cleanse contains two proprietary blends, a Flush Blend 1,090 mg, and a Protect Blend 290 mg. The evening cleanse has 230 mg of Magnesium oxide and a 1,200 mg proprietary blend.
As usual, we prefer that all ingredients be identified with their specific dosage. The Renew Life® proprietary blends make this impossible.
Below is a brief review of the various ingredients and their function in the formula.
Morning Formula – The Flush Blend:
- Milk Thistle – Used to support the liver in many nutritional supplement products
- Taurine – Also used in supplements to treat liver issues
- Chlorella – A type of algae that is rich in amino acids, peptides, proteins, vitamins, sugars, and nucleic acids.
- Burdock Root – Several benefits of including this ingredient, it can increase urine flow, aids with stomach issues and supports the liver
- Dandelion Root – Increases urine production, used to treat infections in the kidneys
- Horsetail Extract – To reduce fluid retention and to treat some kidney ailments
- Red Clover Leaf – Sometimes used to treat indigestion
- Turmeric – An ingredient normally used to address inflammation, however, also may be beneficial in treating IBS (Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome)
- Wild Indigo – An herb used in making medicines and popular in supplement products
- Red Root Bark – Primarily used for digestion problems including intestinal gas (flatulence), colic, and stomachache.
Morning Formula – The Protect Blend:
- Cranberry Fruit – Known to help increase urine flow
- Dandelion Leaf – Also used to increase urine production
- Hibiscus Flower – Believed to help reduce spasms in the stomach
- Magnesium Oxide – Relieves constipation
- Cape Aloe Leaf – Helps soothe the stomach, reduces indigestion, and acts as a natural laxative‚ decreasing the amount of time it takes for waste to move through your colon.
- Rhubarb Root – A digestive aid that can reduce or eliminate constipation
- Slippery Elm Bark – soothes the lining of the stomach, sometimes used to combat IBS
- Marshmallow Root – Can be used as a diuretic, also aids in digestion
- Triphala Fruit – A powerful antioxidant that may be used to treat constipation
- Vidanga Fruit – Benefits include maintaining healthy gut flora and preventing gas and bloating
- Belleric – An ancient herbal remedy to aid in digestive health
The ingredients, as indicated above all act, or are believed to act on eliminating water, controlling stomach ailments, or supporting the liver. There are no human clinical studies of 3-Day Cleanse, so we don’t know if the blends work when ingredients are combined.
Total Body Reset Recommended Dosage
The company explains that this is a two-part, three-day cleanse and emphasizes the need for plenty of water during the program.
- Morning Formula: Take 2 capsules in the morning on an empty stomach. Drink plenty of water while using this product.
- Evening Formula: Take 1 capsule in the evening with or without food. For additional relief, take 2 capsules the following evening.
Benefits of the 3-Day Cleanse
As anticipated, the company is straightforward regarding the benefits of the product. 3-Day Cleanse supports the elimination of waste and toxins, helps reduce occasional bloating and water retention, promotes regularity, and promotes digestive health. Read the benefits carefully, and you will see there are no bold claims of diagnosing, treating, preventing or curing any health issues keeping Clorox within the guidelines as established by the FDA.
How Does the Renew Life Supplement Work?
The Renew Life® 3-Day Cleanse works in reducing bloat and water retention. With its potent herbal blend, it also aids in reducing/eliminating constipation and promoting regularity, although only for a short time. The product doesn’t claim to aid in fat loss; however, you will see a short-term weight reduction, strictly a result of water weight loss. The body already has a system, the liver, and kidneys, for the elimination of toxins, and it’s difficult to determine in the cleanse accelerates this process.
Side Effects of the 3-Day Cleanse
Renew Life® is careful to advise consumers that their cleanses are not meant for children or women who are pregnant. They also responsibly recommend discussing the 3-Day Cleanse with your medical professional before starting a cleanse or detox.
With the number of ingredients in these formulations, the potential for side effects is real. Some of the herbs may cause mild stomach issues. More importantly, we highly recommend you review the ingredient panel with your doctor to determine if there may be any adverse interactions with other medications, such as marshmallow root, rhubarb extract, and slippery elm
Where to buy 3-Day Cleanse
A three-day program is available on Renew Life’s website for $7.99. When checking out, a 15% discount code is offered, reducing the price to $6.79, plus shipping. The product is available on Amazon at $6.99 and through other online retailers such as CVS at $8.99.
Best Places to Buy 3-Day Cleanse
The good thing about a parent such as Clorox is that Renew Life® products enjoy distribution in virtually every retail channel imaginable:
- Renew Life® website
- Amazon and other major E-tailers
- Chain Drug – CVS, Walgreens, etc.
- Grocery – All major food chains
- Specialty Retail – Whole Foods, Sprouts, Vitamin Shoppe, and GNC
The best price we found was on the company’s website; however, the savings were negligible. This is an instance where your favorite place to shop is probably the best place to buy Total Body Reset*.
Renew Life® is a major player in the digestive health market. With the backing of Clorox, we’re confident the science behind their products is valid. Given the cost-value of the 3-Day Cleanse, its ingredient profile, the company’s product testing, and its reputation, we recommend the product if you are inclined to try a cleanse/detox.