Genius is a company unique in their philosophy, in that they claim to be “born with an emphasis on science and complete disregard for standard profit margins.” In other words, efficacy first, followed by profit if possible. This gives you an idea of where Genius is coming from in regard to your health and the efficacy of their products. They have a large number of health products, including Genius Joy, Genius Sleep Aid, Genius Consciousness, and the product we’ll look at now – Genius Mushrooms.
In the case of their Genius Mushrooms, their intent is to deliver a mind and body blend of organic mushrooms to improve mental wellbeing, energy production, immune health, and more. It is one of many of their stackable nootropic formulas, and frankly, one of the better medicinal mushroom blends available.
Their claim is that Genius Mushrooms will enhance “mental clarity, immune function, natural energy and more.” This makes perfect sense, since the three types of mushrooms used in Genius Mushrooms—Reishi, Lion’s Mane and Cordyceps–are known for these and other benefits. Keep reading our Genius Mushrooms review to see if this supplement is right for you.
Genius Mushrooms Benefits
Genius claims their mushroom blend will:
- Increase resiliency for a greater stress response, bolstered immune system, and better natural energy production—All three mushrooms used in the formula are known to boost immune health and stress response, and cordyceps, in particular, are known for improving natural energy production.
- Improve memory, focus, and concentration—Lion’s mane, cordyceps, and reishi mushrooms all have benefits of their own when it comes to memory, focus, and concentration. For instance, cordyceps may help improve blood flow and oxygen uptake, which helps improve mental function. Lion’s mane is associated with reduced inflammation and an improved sense of wellbeing, which also benefits the brain. Reishi mushrooms have many mental benefits, including possibly fighting depression, which can also improve focus and concentration.
- Energize your mind and body for sustained energy production and optimal cognitive function—For centuries, Chinese medicine has known of mushrooms such as reishi and cordyceps for their energizing effects—something modern science finally catching up on. Lion’s mane is also known to help improve mental function by improving mood and reducing inflammation in the brain.
Genius Mushrooms Ingredients
Genius Mushrooms feature 3-types of mushrooms, each providing certain benefits:
- Reishi—Reishi mushrooms may be effective in boosting the immune system, warding off cancer, and possibly fighting depression and fatigue. Each serving of Genius Mushrooms provides 500mg of reishi mushrooms, which may be low compared to what is recommended for the immune system (1000mg) and health conditions (2500mg).
That said, in many cases, the dose is speculative and may also vary from person-to-person and for the intended purpose. The serving size may be ideal, though, due to Genius’ careful attention to things like synchronicity between the mushrooms used, and the intended product performance.
- Cordyceps— Cordyceps are known for boosting energy, improving VO2 max in athletes, and possibly reducing the risk of cancer, Genius includes 500mg of cordyceps in their formula. While this is around half the dosage commonly used in research, factors such as Genius’ intended use and synergy with other components may be considered in their dose selection.
- Lion’s Mane—Lion’s Mane is known for reducing inflammation, improving mood, and possibly fighting cancer, Genius’ inclusion of 500mg of lion’s mane powder may be the key ingredient in this formula. That’s because, as concluded in a 2018 study, lion’s mane can reduce symptoms of anxiety and stress in mice.
This is likely true in humans as well since there is evidence of inflammation playing a role in depression. Since lion’s mane is effective in reducing chronic inflammation, it is probable that the ample 500mg’s in Genius Mushrooms will effectively work in reducing depression also.
Granted, as with most claims, more research is likely necessary, though the evidence so far is good.
Do Genius Mushrooms Work?
Genius has apparently done an outstanding job in creating this formula, which some claim feels as though it has adaptogen-like qualities (meaning energy when you need it, just not in a constant, jittery manner). Others have noted feelings of improved focus and memory, better stress response, and increased alertness, and most found their results to be favorable.
But, while those reporting negative experiences using the Genius Mushrooms blend were in the VAST minority, most who did claimed the product did nothing, while a few others reported adverse health effects including liver problems, headache, irritability, and dizziness.
Of course, this means you should speak to your doctor first before trying this or any other supplement, especially if you have pre-existing health conditions.
But, if you are looking for a great nootropic blend that performs as claimed and possibly better, the components of the Genius Mushroom blend offer sound evidence that this is possible.
Claims vs. Reality
On their website, Genius claims their mushroom blend will increase your resiliency, boost your memory, energy, focus, and concentration while fitting in with any diet.
While there is no way to quantify these claims, there is evidence that they may be true. Of course, as with nearly any supplement, there is the possibility of a placebo effect. But, with enough evidence of each type of mushroom used in Genius’ blend following their claims, the evidence of this formula being the “real-deal” is strong.
Who Are Genius Mushrooms Best For?
For those experiencing mild symptoms of depression and anxiety, who are looking to boost their energy, who need better immune health, or who need to reduce symptoms of stress or poor concentration, Genius Mushrooms may be right for you.
Additionally, athletes looking for a safe, effective, legal performance enhancer will find Genius Mushrooms can raise their perceived lactic threshold while improving stamina.
Are Genius Mushrooms Safe?
Despite the efficacy of Genius Mushrooms, they are not without concerns for safety and side effects. This has mainly to do with the potential effects of each of the mushrooms used.
For instance, cordyceps may:
- Not be good for breastfeeding mothers
- Increase the symptoms of auto-immune diseases such as lupus, multiple sclerosis, and rheumatoid arthritis
- Increase the risk of bleeding in people with bleeding disorders
- Increase the risk of bleeding if taken before surgery
And lion’s mane may:
- Cause skin rashes or difficulty breathing, likely due to an allergic reaction
While reishi mushrooms may:
- Cause upset stomach
- Cause liver damage (extract)
- Cause low blood pressure
- Cause the clotting disorder thrombocytopenia if taken in high doses
- Cause bleeding disorders if taken in high doses
While most of us are at low risk for these possible side-effects—particularly at Genius’ recommended dosage–they should nonetheless be taken seriously, particularly for those susceptible to allergies, or with pre-existing conditions such as liver damage.
Where To Buy Genius Mushrooms
The cost of a 30-day supply at the recommended 3-capsules per-day is around $22, which is an excellent value when you consider the high-quality and efficacy of the product.
You can purchase Genius Mushrooms at most health food and supplement stores, including independent and corporate entities, so long as they carry natural supplements.
Amazon and other online health and supplement retailers also carry this popular, 100% guaranteed product.
Final Thoughts: Genius Mushrooms
The Genius Brand as a whole has become a popular name in the health and wellness industry, and their Genius Mushrooms product is no different. If you’re looking for a supplement to help support immune health, energy, and focus, Genius Mushrooms may be exactly what you’re looking for. With so many studies demonstrating the efficacy of the ingredients and the different mushrooms, Genius Mushrooms definitely seems like a solid choice!
Top Rated Superfood Supplements
|Vital Reds||Polyphenol-rich superfood blend with 34 superfruits||Read Review|
|Primal Plants||Blend of 25 healthy superfoods and nutrients||Read Review|
|Athletic Greens||Daily superfood blend with 75 high-quality ingredients||Read Review|
|Morning Complete||"All-in-one" formula with probiotics, superfoods, and antioxidants||Read Review|