- What Is TriTrim?
- What’s In TriTrim – The Blends And Key Ingredients
- TriTrim Recommended Dosage
- TriTrim Benefits
- How Does TriTrim Perform – The Claims Versus the Reality
- Is TriTrim Safe?
- TriTrim Pricing
- Best Places To Buy TriTrim
- In Summary: TriTrim
In this article, we review the Gundry MD supplement, TriTrim. We were prepared to be favorably impressed given the pedigree of the company’s founder, Dr. Steven Gundry. Dr. Gundry graduated cum laude from Yale, with special honors, was an Alpha Omega Alpha graduate of the Medical College of Georgia School of Medicine, and did his residency in General Surgery and Thoracic Surgery at the University of Michigan. Dr. Gundry’s professional experience is equally impressive as he was one of the world’s pre-eminent experts in heart surgery for more than thirty years. In 2002, Dr. Gundry founded the Center for Restorative Medicine in Loma Linda, CA, spending the ensuing years studying the human microbiome, writing several New York Times bestsellers, and developing his principles of “Holobiotics.” Today he is considered one of the natural products industry’s foremost experts on digestive health, pre, and probiotics, and recently introduced us to postbiotics with his Bio Complete 3 supplement.
We applaud the company’s best-in-class approach to the supplement space:
- Scientifically developed formulations
- Clinically tested, patented ingredients to support structure/function claims
- Independent third-party testing
- Manufacturing facilities that are cGMP compliant
- Ninety-day money-back guarantee
Gundry MD has quite a few supplements that you may be familiar with, including ProPlant Complete Shake, Lectin Shield, Primal Plants, and Total Restore, among others. Several of the supplements marketed by Gundry MD include healthy weight management as a benefit in addition to digestive health and enhanced energy. In this article, we review their product specifically targeted for weight loss, TriTrim. TriTrim contains three blends; Sugar Suppress, Carb Defense, and Fat Blocker, and several patented ingredients. We will examine each blend and its active ingredients, review the product’s efficacy, list potential adverse side effects, let you know the best place to buy the product, and give our assessment of the cost/value relationship.
What Is TriTrim?
TriTrim is a dietary supplement in capsule form with three proprietary blends of natural ingredients designed to help you create a caloric deficit to unlock body fat to be burned as energy. The three blends block carbohydrate and fat absorption and suppress sugars to balance blood sugar levels. One serving (each packet) consists of five capsules, taken twice daily with your largest meals for optimum results. Although the product contains proprietary blends, each ingredient is listed on the Supplement Facts panel with its exact dosage, excellent transparency.
TriTrim contains the following proprietary ingredients, which we will detail in the next segment:
- Phase 2 Carb Controller® from Ashland Chemical
- Sensoril® Ashwagandha from Natreon
- CQR 300® Cissus quadrangularis from Tested Nutrient
- BioPerrine® from Sabinsa
Gundry MD website claims, “TriTrim allows you to eat what you want, while the waistline wrecking “junk” passes right through your system.”
What’s In TriTrim – The Blends And Key Ingredients
Each packet contains five capsules, two for sugar suppression, two for blocking carbs, and one to block fat absorption.
The Sugar Suppress Blend
The first blend contains zinc, selenium, and chromium, plus cinnamon bark, berberine, turmeric, and BioPerrine®.
- Zinc, 15 mg, is an essential trace mineral commonly used to support the immune system and protein synthesis. The RDA is 11 mg for an adult. Gundry states it may help reduce weight and BMI (Body Mass Index); however, it appears this is only factual in a zinc deficiency.
- Selenium, 35 mcg, an antioxidant that plays a crucial role in maintaining normal metabolic function
- Chromium, 100 mcg, a chemical compound that works with the insulin in your body to metabolize carbs. Studies have shown mixed results when it comes to using chromium for weight loss.
- Cinnamon bark, 125 mg, is used for indigestion, diarrhea, diabetes, obesity, and other conditions. Per WebMD, there is no scientific evidence to support these uses.
- Berberine HCI, 125 mg, a chemical that helps control your blood sugar and lower your blood pressure.
- Turmeric root extract, 50 mg, comes from the turmeric plant, contains curcumin, which is an anti-inflammatory antioxidant that helps reduce oxidative damage within your body.
- BioPerine® Black pepper fruit extract, 5 mg, a popular, patented ingredient from the ingredient manufacturer Sabinsa, aids in curcumin absorption. Sabinsa recommends a minimum of 5 mg three times per day.
The Carb Defense Blend
The Carb Defense Blend contains only two ingredients as follows:
- Phase 2 Carb Controller® (White Kidney Bean Extract), 500 mg. This patented all-natural ingredient from Ashland Chemical has been clinically shown to reduce the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates by 66%.
- Glucomannan, 500 mg, a dietary fiber that is effective in weight control by reducing cravings and providing a feeling of satiety.
The Fat Blocking Blend
This blend contains two proprietary and patented ingredients:
- CQR 300® Cissus quadrangularis, 150 mg, from Tested Nutrient. Per PubMed, the dosage in clinical trials was 300 mg per day, so the dosing on this ingredient is spot on at 150mg twice daily. Also, per PubMed, CQR300 brought about significant reductions in weight and blood glucose levels while decreasing serum lipids, thus improving cardiovascular risk factors.
- Sensoril Ashwagandha, 125 mg, this patented adaptogen from Natreon is supported by twelve clinical trials, with a recommended dosage of 125 mg daily. TriTrim exceeds the required dosage for the many benefits of Ashwagandha, stress reduction, boosts energy and focus, and improves sleep quality, and many other healthful benefits.
Dr. Gundry, as usual, has developed a unique, scientifically validated formula.
TriTrim Recommended Dosage
The directions say to take one TriTrim packet (5 capsules) with 8 ounces of water twice a day. For best results, take with your largest meals of the day.
In our opinion, one ideal use of TriTrim is to take it with “cheat meals,” or when you’re at your favorite restaurant. The packet design makes it easy to slip one into your pocket or purse for easy access.
As would be expected with any Gundry MD product, improved digestion is one of the first benefits noted by most consumers. The most important benefits are reduced body fat, improved BMI, and a smaller waistline. Here is a list of TriTrim benefits:
- Helps control blood sugar
- Blocks carbs and fat from being absorbed
- Reduces cravings
- Natural energy boost – without the crash associated with stimulants
- Feel lighter, happier, and healthier than ever
How Does TriTrim Perform – The Claims Versus the Reality
There are a plethora of products on the market attempting to capture a share of the $72 billion diet and weight loss category. There are meal replacements, stimulants and thermogenics, carb blockers, fat blockers, and products to balance blood sugars. TriTrim attempts to encompass three of these strategies in one product: carb and fat blocking blends and their sugar suppression blend.
The all-natural, quality ingredients in TriTrim, coupled with the patented ingredients, each supported by peer-reviewed clinical trials, gives us a high degree of confidence the product performs. The carb and fat blocking blends will slow absorption and reduce caloric intake. The dietary fiber provides a feeling of fullness/satiety and reduces cravings – further decreasing intake. The product performs very well in limiting the damage from cheat meals and overindulgence on occasion.
We’d prefer Dr. Gundry extoll the virtues of a healthy diet and exercise routine to achieve the consumer’s weight loss goals in addition to the use of TriTrim, but have no doubt the product will perform in its own right.
Is TriTrim Safe?
The ingredients in TriTrim are generally considered safe at the dosages prescribed, and there are no reports of severe adverse reactions to the product. Customers are not likely to experience severe side effects when using the product; however, we recommend users drink plenty of water. Carb consumption while taking white kidney bean supplements may cause stomach discomfort, diarrhea, and gas.
We suggest you check with your medical professional before adding any new supplement to your regimen.
The company website (GundryMD.com), lists a sixty-packet, thirty-day supply at $240.00. They also offer a three-pack at $645.00 ($215.00/unit) and six-pack at $1,230.00 ($205.00/unit). We acknowledge the comprehensive formulas, the three proprietary blends, and quality, patented ingredients; however, we were still sticker shocked at the price of TriTrim.
While prices may seem steep, you can use this link to get your first box for $85.00. You can also get further discounts when you purchase multiple boxes at a time. You can get 3 boxes for $240.00 ($80.00/unit) or 6 boxes for $450.00 ($75.00/unit).
All-natural quality ingredients, and patented ingredients, in particular, are expensive. Combining three blends in one product is costly. Dr. Gundry has created the Cadillac of weight loss products and has priced it accordingly. Unfortunately, the price is far higher than other national brands in the weight loss space. If you have the resources and can afford it, TriTrim is worth a try!
Best Places To Buy TriTrim
Although we could find other Gundry MD products on Amazon, from third-party sellers, TriTrim was unavailable. No other online retailers seem to carry the product, and it is not available in traditional brick and mortar stores. As such, the company website appears to be the only place to buy TriTrim.
In Summary: TriTrim
Although favorably impressed with this three-pronged approach to weight loss, and the lack of potent stimulants or thermogenics, we remain skeptical about “eating what you want, while the waistline wrecking “junk” passes right through your system,” as a comprehensive weight-loss strategy. In our experience, a sound weight loss regimen should include a healthy diet and lifestyle choices and exercise.
TriTrim’s most effective usage may be as a reliable approach to offset “cheat meals,” albeit an expensive option.
Gundry MD is transparent in its ownership, marketing, labeling, and packaging. They use an independent third-party facility to test all products and stand behind their brand with a 90-day, money-back guarantee.