Who would know more about burning fat than a professional bodybuilder?
Well, there may be others with good ideas, though we have no doubt that retired pro Ronnie Coleman knows what he’s talking about when it comes to lighting up the calories. That’s because, after 26 bodybuilding titles (including an astonishing 8-Mr. Olympic titles in a row), we can only deduce that Ronnie knows a thing-or-two about staying lean, focused, and ripped.
That, and he is known for such signature phrases as, “Light weight…yeah buddy!” to inspire confidence and inspiration in the gym. Which is why the name of his fat-burner, Light Weight Baby, is fitting.
The market is booming with different fat burners. There’s Instant Knockout, Synedrex, and Prolessa Duo, just to name a few. So, you’ll likely want to learn more about Light Weight Baby before you decide if it’s right for you. While our first thought is that this is yet another jittery example of a product packing loads of caffeine into small capsules, closer examination reveals that it may be more than just that. Let’s find out more about this fat burner with our Light Weight Baby review.
Light Weight Baby Benefits
As with most supplements in the fat-burn category, the claimed benefits of Light Weight Baby include:
- Energy—With over 200mg of caffeine per recommended dose coming from sources including green tea, green coffee, teacrine, and dynamine, there is no doubt that Light Weight Baby will boost your energy. That’s more than 2-times the caffeine of an average cup of coffee, though the variety of sources means not all caffeine in it will directly affect you the way coffee does.
- Focus—Green tea contains an amino acid called L-theanine that is known for providing calmness, smooth energy, and focus, and both Dynamine and Theacrine also produce similar qualities. Vitamins B12 and niacin (B3) are also known for reducing the risk of depression and poor focus, which goes along with caffeine’s mentally-stimulating properties to keep you focused.
- Metabolism—Caffeine has been proven to boost the metabolic rate, particularly when it comes to fat oxidation. With over 200mg of caffeine from multiple sources, there is plenty of metabolism-boosting stimulation there alone, though Light Weight Baby takes it even further by including their metabolic support compound—a potent combination of ginger root, adhatoda vasica, dandelion, white willow, and black pepper extracts—to further enhance its fat-burn capacity.
So far as we can see, there is no reason to dispute any of these claims.
Light Weight Baby Ingredients
The key ingredients in Light Weight Baby include:
- Caffeine anhydrous—Popular as a weight-loss stimulant, caffeine anhydrous is a dehydrated, concentrated, and more potent form of caffeine. While it utilizes the naturally occurring caffeine of coffee beans, tea, or cocoa, it requires a laboratory process to filter all water and other components away to leave the caffeine in its most purified form.
While caffeine of this variety is highly potent and not without safety issues (remember, one teaspoon of this stuff is roughly the equivalent of 28 cups of coffee!), it also allows a specific amount to be safely used in a supplement such as this one.
- Green tea extract, Schisandra extract, and green coffee extract—Along with caffeine anhydrous, these three extracts round out Light Weight Baby’s “Clean Energy Matrix,” though it’s hardly just more caffeine.
And, while Schisandra extract thankfully doesn’t add yet more caffeine to the mix, it is an herb known as an “adaptogen,” meaning it adapts to the body’s energy needs. It’s also been used in Chinese Medicine for over 2000 years, and is known for its many health benefits, including helping reduce symptoms of stress, boosting the mood, and helping improve the liver’s health.
- Metabolic support compound—Light Weight Baby also adds various herbs for metabolic support, including:
- Adhatoda vasica extract—The adhatoda, or vasaka plant, contains the bronchodilators vasicine and vasicinone along with antioxidants, which help boost metabolizing oxygen intake.
- Dandelion extract—Commonly considered a weed here in the US, dandelion has been used medicinally for centuries. It contains powerful antioxidants and inflammation-fighting polyphenols and may also support improved carbohydrate metabolism and reduced fat absorption.
- White willow bark extract and linoleic acid—White willow bark is an analgesic with anti-inflammatory properties, and linoleic acid is an essential fatty acid and source of metabolic energy. Together, they support fat burn and energy production.
- Black pepper extract—A potent source of inflammation-reducing antioxidants, black pepper extract that may also block the formation of fat cells
- Ginger root extract—Ginger is another plant known to reduce inflammation in the body, and it may also reduce levels of LDL (aka “bad” cholesterol) as well
- Theacrine and methylliberine—Theacrine is an alkaloid found in the Camellia Kucha plant, and methylliberine is a metabolite of caffeine. Together, they for Light Weight Baby’s Clear Focus blend to support clear cognitive function and sense of wellbeing.
Does Light Weight Baby Work?
While it’s easy to simply write this product off as caffeine pills, it is more than that. With its metabolic support compound helping reduce fat-friendly inflammation in the body, and with the known fat-burning benefits of caffeine, those who follow Light Weight Baby’s recommended usage should see an increase in their energy production and fat burn.
Plus, with the calming effects of L-theanine found in green tea as well as the Clear Focus blend, this is a mostly jitter-free product that supports “smooth” energy throughout the day.
Granted, as with any fat-burn supplement, it works best when combined with a healthy diet and exercise program, so don’t expect to sit around and watch the pounds melt away. But, for those willing to provide the discipline, there is no reason not to believe Fat Burn Baby’s claims.
Who Is Light Weight Baby Best For?
For those careful about maintaining a healthy diet and exercise, and who are looking to safely increase their body’s fat-burning capacity, but are not sensitive to caffeine or other stimulants, Fat Burn Baby is for you.
For instance, science backs the possibility that caffeine helps burn more fat, and most of the herbal compounds added for metabolic support have been used for centuries to reduce inflammation, increase oxygenation, and increase fat burn.
Due to its stimulating effects, the product also makes an outstanding pre-workout energizer, not to mention study aid for tough school or work projects.
But, for those looking for a magic pill that simply burns away the pounds with no effort whatsoever, good luck, we hope you find it! That’s something Light Weight Baby—or any other diet pill, for that matter—simply is not.
While this product is great at fat burning, it’s not vegetarian. Read about the best vegetarian fat burners here.
Claims vs. Reality
One of the things we like about a supplement designed by a pro bodybuilder is that its claims are far more likely to be based in reality than pie-in-the-sky foofaraw. Such is the case with Ronnie’s formula, which he claims to be a fat-burner that producing “extreme energy and focus.”
While “extreme” may be a subjective word, we can say that yes, Light Weight Baby does have compounds known to ignite fat, and there is no doubt that caffeine increases energy and focus. This goes along with the L-theanine, Dynamine, and other compounds known to increase focus, lower inflammation, and reduce oxidative stress in the body.
So yes, Ronnie’s claims are based in reality.
Is Light Weight Baby Fat Burner Safe?
As with any supplement containing stimulants, Light Weight Baby can cause:
- Behavioral changes
- High blood pressure and heart palpitations
- Cardiac arrest
- While rare, extreme doses of caffeine can be deadly
For these reasons, it’s best to first determine your sensitivity to caffeine before using the product, and always stick by the recommended dosage, or less if caffeine affects you badly.
Other than that, it is always a good idea to be aware of any allergic reactions you may have to substances in the product and discontinue its use if you have any.
Where To Buy Light Weight Baby
Light Weight Baby sells for around $20 for 60-capsules—about a 2-month supply–making it an outstanding value for those looking to add a daily fat-burner/energizer to their regimen.
It can be purchased on Ronnie’s securely encrypted website, on Amazon, or other online retailers who sell diet and workout supplements. This includes select brick-and-mortar supplement shops.
All of Ronnie’s products also feature a 100% guarantee so that there is no risk to you if you are unhappy with the product.