Toxins are everywhere. They’re in the air we breathe, the food we eat, the water we drink, and even the surfaces we touch. Some toxins are extremely harmful to the body while others aren’t as dangerous. Either way, there’s no avoiding these toxins and exposure is inevitable.
The good news is our bodies are equipped with a natural detoxification system — which is made up of the kidneys, bowels, sweat glands, lungs, and liver. When these systems and organs are working correctly, they help eliminate any unwanted toxins from the body.
Unfortunately, though, many people today have a compromised natural detoxification system. This means when toxins enter the body, they aren’t always eliminated properly. Instead, they wreak havoc on the body and open the door to a wide range of unwanted health concerns.
The best way to improve your body’s natural detoxification is through positive and healthy habits — drinking more water, exercising, eating healthy, buying organic, etc. There’s only so much lifestyle change can help, though, and that’s where supplements, like Dr. Cabral Detox, claim to come in to help!
In this review, we’ll provide a closer inspection of Dr. Cabral Detox. Does it really get rid of toxins? What are the ingredients? Is it worth the cost? Let’s find out!
What Is Dr. Cabral Detox?
Dr. Cabral Detox is a full-body detoxification, weight-loss, and wellness system created by Dr. Stephen Cabral himself. In fact, it’s the same 7-day, 14-day, and 21-day detox cleanse that he utilizes in his own practice of naturopathic medicine — which involves healing without drugs.
Dr. Stephen Cabral has studied, worked, and lived in places all around the world — including India, Sri Lanka, China, Europe, and parts of the United States. He has adopted a wide range of knowledge and experience from these different cultures over the years.
With over 5,000 hours of doctoral work, 2,200+ hours of internships around the world, 600,000+ pages of research studied, and 250,000+ client sessions, Dr. Cabral finally decided to put his years of knowledge into one wellness system — the Dr. Cabral Detox.
Dr. Cabral Detox is designed to detoxify your entire body and help you feel much more confident in your own skin. If you’re looking to lose weight, remove toxins from your body, and lead a healthier life, Dr. Stephen Cabral swears by his detox system and urges you to try it — but is he telling the truth?
Let’s investigate further!
Does Your Body Actually Need A Detox Cleanse?
When it boils down to it, the body doesn’t actually need a detox cleanse. That’s because the body is already equipped with a detoxification system that provides all the services your body needs. The problem is most people have an underperforming system that needs improvement.
The detox cleanses we see gaining popularity are temporary solutions to a problem that just comes back in due time. The key is finding the root cause of the detoxification issue, that way you can improve the process now and later. The quick-fix most companies promise isn’t that effective in the long run.
How Does Dr. Cabral Detox Work?
Dr. Cabral Detox is essentially a 7-day full-body detox cleanse. You can follow a 14-day or 21-day cleanse, but you’re just repeating the same 7-day cleanse either once or twice. Much like any other detox cleanse, you should expect it to disrupt your normal daily routine.
For the first two days of the detox cleanse, you won’t be eating any food — so prepare for that. Here’s a look at how your first two days are broken down:
- 8:00AM – Detox Shake, 2 FM Detox capsules, 2 AYU Detox capsules
- 11:30AM – Detox Shake
- 3:00PM – Detox Shake
- 6:30PM – Detox Shake, 2 FM Detox capsules, 2 AYU Detox capsules
The next five days are a little bit different as you start to introduce healthy food options back into your diet. Here’s a look at how days 3-7 are broken down:
- 8:00AM – Detox Shake (double-serving), 2 FM Detox capsules, 2 AYU Detox capsules
- 11:30AM – Vegetarian lunch
- 3:00PM – Detox Shake (double-serving)
- 6:30PM – Vegetarian dinner, 2 FM Detox capsules, 2 AYU Detox capsules
Once you’ve completed the detox, the pressure falls right back on the individual. In order to maintain good results, the individual must keep up with healthy eating habits and make the right decisions daily. The moment they fall off the wagon, their results fall off with them.
Dr. Cabral Detox Claims
It doesn’t matter what type of detox cleanse you’re trying or who created it; there’s going to be a multitude of claims and guarantees to increase the level of interest you have in the product. Things are no different with the Dr. Cabral Detox!
Here’s a list of all the claims Dr. Stephen Cabral makes about his 7-day, 14-day, and 21-day detox cleanse system:
- Doesn’t include nuts, dairy, soy, gluten, or GMOs
- 100% recommended dietary allowance
- 3rd-party tested for purity and GMP-certified
- Decreases bloating and water retention in the body
- Helps you speed up your metabolism and lose weight quicker
- Increases energy levels and decreases inflammation
- Enhances mood and cognitive thinking, while eliminating brain fog
- Helps reverse the aging process
- Lose 5-10 pounds with the 7-day cleanse, 10+ pounds with 14-day, and 15+ pounds with the 21-day
- 100% money back if not satisfied with results within 60 days of purchase (just need to send back empty bottle)
These claims are going to come in handy later on in this review. As we learn more about the cleanse and break down the ingredients in the capsules/shakes, we’ll circle back around to these claims and see how truthful they are. That’s when the real fun begins!
Dr. Cabral Detox Ingredients
Now that we know a little more about what this product is designed to do and who created it, we can finally start deep-diving into what this detox cleanse offers. As we briefly mentioned when laying out the cleanse, there are two things in play here — a shake and some capsules.
The shake — which is called Daily Nutritional Support — contains a variety of vitamins, minerals, protein, and much more. It’s available in a chocolate or vanilla flavor, like most weight loss shakes. You also have two different capsules — the FM Detox and AYU Detox — which contain unique proprietary blends filled with herbs, amino acids, and much more.
Let’s take a closer look at each individual product and what’s inside!
Daily Nutritional Support
Daily Nutritional Support is a wellness shake designed to provide your body with the nutrients it needs daily. Much like other weight loss shakes, DCD’s Daily Nutritional Support limits the amount of calories and fat consumed without limiting the intake of other nutrients.
There aren’t a whole lot of differences between the Chocolate and Vanilla flavor — other than the flavor itself. They both contain 110 calories per serving (2 scoops), 9 grams of carbs, 2 grams of sugar, and 15 grams of protein. There’s also 2 grams of fat for Vanilla (2.5g for Chocolate) and 3 grams of fiber for Vanilla (5g for Chocolate).
Here’s a look at what else is inside:
- Vitamins – Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin K2, Biotin, and Pantothenic Acid
- Minerals – Calcium, Iron, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Chromium, Molybdenum, Sodium, and Potassium
- Other – Organic Pea Protein, Organic Rice Protein, Psyllium Husk, Organic Ground Flaxseed, Broccoli Sprout, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Phosphatidylcholine, L-Glutathione, Inositol, Hemp Protein, and Boron
Overall, it’s a solid group of ingredients with high-dosages across the board. I like that they don’t use whey protein and elect to go with a combination of pea, rice, and hemp. I also like the addition of Alpha-Lipoic Acid, L-Glutathione, and Phosphatidylcholine for overall wellness.
If you’re looking for an alternative formula, check out other detox supplements like The Dr.Kellyann 5-Day Cleanse.
Now that we’ve seen what the shake has to offer let’s take a look at these capsules. The first one is FM Detox, which is short for Functional Medicine Detox. It’s a much more robust formula compared to the other capsule — AYU Detox.
There’s a lot going on with this formula. Each serving is two capsules and contains 20 different ingredients. Let’s take a look at the ingredients involved:
- Vitamin C – also known as ascorbic acid, Vitamin C is necessary for growth, development, and repairing body tissue. It also plays a major role in the immune system.
- Selenium – acts as a powerful antioxidant, reduces the risk of skin cancer, protects against heart disease, reduces cognitive decline, improves thyroid health, and boosts the immune system.
- N-Acetyl Cysteine – a semi-essential amino acid that helps produce glutathione (antioxidant), enhances the detoxification process, boosts brain health, and regulates blood sugar.
- L-Carnitine – a conditionally-essential nutrient that’s derived from amino acids. It helps produce energy in cells and helps remove toxins/waste products from cells.
- L-Methionine – an essential amino acid commonly found in turkey, beef, fish, pork, tofu, milk, cheese, nuts, beans, and whole grains. It protects cells from toxins, slows down the aging process, and boosts the detoxification process.
- Glycine – an amino acid found in food and naturally in the body. It helps produce glutathione (antioxidant), it protects your liver, it’s a component of creatine, it’s the main amino acid in collagen, and it helps improve sleep quality.
- Taurine – an amino acid that occurs naturally in the body and often in energy drinks. It has a bad reputation, but it’s a healthy ingredient that promotes a better metabolism, protects the eyes and the heart, reduces cognitive decline, and improves muscle health.
- L-Glutamine – an amino acid that’s found naturally in the body and in foods we eat often. It improves brain function, makes it easier to lose weight, improves gastrointestinal health, improves leaky gut, and promotes muscle growth.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid – an organic compound that’s produced naturally in the body and found in the foods we eat. It acts like an antioxidant and helps enzymes turn nutrients into energy. It also helps with weight loss and diabetes.
- Proprietary Herbal Blend – an herbal blend that contains chlorella, milk thistle seed extract, grape seed extract, dandelion root extract, schizandra fruit, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, and Barberry root.
- Proprietary Blend – a proprietary blend that consists of artichoke leaf extract, beetroot, bladderwrack kelp, raspberry leaf, and Bioperine black pepper extract.
There’s a lot to like about this capsule. It can almost do without the proprietary blends, but there’s nothing in there that can harm you. I really love the choice of amino acids with the FM Detox, especially with the emphasis on glutathione production and removing toxins from the body.
The AYU Detox formula doesn’t contain as many ingredients as the FM Detox formula. AYU Detox is short for Ayurvedic Detox, which takes into account the many wonders of Ayurvedic medicine. It’s been around for thousands of years and their techniques are utilized in many supplements today.
There’s only one proprietary blend in this formula, which is a total of 600mg. While we know the different ingredients inside the blend, we don’t know the individual doses of each ingredient. Nonetheless, let’s take a look:
- Emblica Officinalis Extract – also known as Indian Gooseberry, this extract has immunomodulatory, anti-inflammatory, antiulcer, hepatoprotective, and anticancer properties.
- Terminalia Bellerica Extract – also known as Bhibhitaki, Belleric Myrobalan, and Bihara, the fruits of this tree help improve the digestive system, provide beauty and radiance support, cleanse the liver, and provide glycemic support.
- Terminalia Chebula Extract – also known as Haritaki, the fruits of this tree are rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C. They reduce oxidative stress, regulate blood sugar and cholesterol, and provide pain relief.
- Ginger Root Extract – heavily used in beauty products, ginger root extract is known to prevent wrinkles, boost hair health, promote healthy skin, clear up acne, solve some stomach issues, fight cancer, burn fat, and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Turmeric Rhizome Extract – best known for its active ingredient, curcumin. It has anti-inflammatory properties, acts as an antioxidant, boosts brain-derived neurotrophic factor, and helps prevent cancer.
Ginger and turmeric are in most ayurvedic-related supplements, but the other ingredients aren’t found too often — Haritaki, Bhibhitaki, and Indian Gooseberry. They’re some of the most prominent extracts used in Ayurvedic medicine, which is why they were chosen here.
Dr. Cabral Detox Dosages, Packaging, And Pricing
Dr. Cabral Detox, which is sold by EquiLife, comes in minimal packaging. The logo is just two circles joined together, a majority of the bottles and box is white, and they don’t pack a bunch of claims on the front or back. It has a nice and clean aesthetic to it.
The capsule bottle is your average pill bottle that most supplements come in. There are 28 capsules in each bottle (both FM Detox and AYU Detox) and you’re directed to take 2 capsules per serving. The powder comes in your average supplement tub and has 28 scoops in it (2 scoops per serving).
You can purchase the 7-day cleanse for $99, but you can also save 15% by subscribing to a monthly, bi-monthly, or tri-monthly delivery. If you purchase the 14-day cleanse, you still pay $99 for two 7-day systems ($198), but you receive free shipping. The 21-day cleanse saves you 9% for a total of $269.
Dr. Cabral Detox Pros vs. Cons
Any supplement available on the market today is subject to criticism. There’s no one-size fits all for anything, no matter what supplement companies are trying to tell you. There’s also a lot of companies stretching the truth when marketing their product, which doesn’t help the customer.
To ensure transparency and help customers make a more informed decision when shopping for a new detox cleanse, let’s take a look at what we like — and what we don’t like — about the 7-day, 14-day, and 21-day detox from Dr. Stephen Cabral!
- Love the formulas, they use a lot of good ingredients with scientific evidence
- The Daily Nutritional Support is packed with vitamins, minerals, and protein
- FM Detox utilizes a lot of ingredients popular in functional medicine — including amino acids
- AYU Detox contains several ingredients popular in Ayurvedic medicine
- Can purchase Daily Nutritional Support individually, if you want
- Helps improve the body’s natural detoxification process by providing the necessary nutrients
- Dr. Stephen Cabral only has a degree in Naturopathic medicine
- No evidence supporting detox cleanses
- Better off finding the root cause of your issues
- Good formulas, but the FM Detox and AYU Detox aren’t available individually
Claims vs. Reality
Your body has a natural detoxification process that’s supposed to keep your body healthy at all times. Many people that are looking to boost that detoxification process and improve it for the future might turn to a detox cleanse like the one provided by Dr. Stephen Cabral.
It’s not that a detox cleanse doesn’t work, but it’s extremely important that you choose the right detox cleanse to ensure the right results. There are so many cleanses out there that claim to do things that simply aren’t true. Avoiding those types of products is your top priority.
There’s a lot I like about these detox products, but I’m not too sure how I feel about the actual cleanse that goes along with it. There isn’t a lot of research out there that proves a detox cleanse actually helps remove toxins any better than normal.
With that being said, the formulas for the products are built wonderfully and utilize a lot of good nutrients/ingredients for the body — many that will even aid the natural detoxification process. The shake provides daily nutritional support, which is exactly what it’s labeled as. The capsules contain a lot of good functional and Ayurvedic nutrients, as well.
That’s why I don’t see a real reason for the 7-day, 14-day, or 21-day cleanse. Simply adding these supplements to your diet every now and then can help balance out your detoxification process. Instead of the cleanse, you should focus on the root of the weight loss or toxin-related issues.
Dr. Cabral Detox Alternatives
Like we mentioned several times in this review, there are a wide range of companies out there that provide a similar model with their detox cleanse strategy. While it’s hard to fully back these cleanses, there are some products out there I think can help you in the long run.
The first supplement we’ll look at — Clean Detox by CareFast — provides liver and blood support in an easy-to-take capsule. The second supplement — HealthyCell Pro AM/PM Cell Health System — is an extremely powerful supplement that helps improve your health from all angles.
Clean-Detox by CareFast
Clean Detox is a capsule by CareFast that’s designed to improve your body’s detoxification process. You only need to take one capsule every single day, but you can also take two capsules if you want to increase your daily dosage. Hi
It includes a number of ingredients that are prominent for a healthy liver and detoxification process — including milk seed thistle, burdock root, boldo leaf, turmeric, artichoke leaf, N-Acetyl-Cysteine, dandelion leaf, taurine, selenium, and magnesium.
It also contains Vitamin C, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, folate, Yellow Dock Root Powder, Picrorhiza kurroa, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin B12. You can find it on CareFast’s website for $39.99 (60 capsules).
HealthyCell Pro AM/PM Cell Health System
The previous capsule was specifically designed for the detoxification process, but the HealthyCell Pro AM/PM Cell Health System is designed for full-body health and wellness. It improves your everyday health by enhancing the cells that make up your body.
There are two capsules, one you take in the morning and one you take in the evening. The morning capsule helps prepare you for the day ahead. It gives you the energy and brain power needed when staying sharp throughout the day.
Meanwhile, the evening formula helps calm you down and relaxes you after a long day of hard work. Together, they combine over 90 different ingredients and form a powerful duo that makes you feel much better about yourself.
If you were thinking of spending $99 on Dr. Cabral Detox, you’re better off spending $130 on HealthyCell Pro AM/PM Cell Health System.
Final Verdict: Is Dr. Cabral Detox Worth It?
While there isn’t a lot of evidence to support the benefits behind a 7-day, 14-day, or 21-day detox cleanse, that doesn’t mean this product is all smoke and mirrors. In fact, there’s a lot to like about these formulas and they’re definitely carefully crafted.
With that being said, they’re likely a little overpriced and overvalued because you’re essentially paying for the whole detoxification system/routine. You might be better off purchasing the daily nutritional shake individually and finding capsules that help with the detoxification process elsewhere if you’re on a budget.