About Steel Shredded AF
Steel Shredded AF is a thermogenic supplement containing a blend of potent ingredients that was designed to help you burn fat primarily by boosting your metabolism.
Founded in 2016 with the vision of providing the best, most high-quality, and most effective fitness products in the industry, Steel has rapidly made its name in the highly competitive supplements market.
Those at Steel claim to use only the highest quality ingredients to create science-backed formulas designed to help you “push past your physical limits to achieve optimum health.” When we look at their entry into the fat-burner market, we have no reason to doubt this.
Granted, as with most fat-burners out there, the main ingredient is caffeine, which has us begging the question, “Does it go any further than that and include other ingredients to accelerate fat burn, or is this yet another case of jitters, irritability, and insomnia in a jar?”
Today’s Steel Shredded AF review reveals the truth about this supplement and answers pertinent questions about its ingredients, benefits, side effects, cost, and more. Keep reading to find out!
Steel Shredded AF Benefits
Steel claims Shredded AF will boost energy, metabolism, and focus while suppressing your appetite—or in other words, the usual claims made by nearly any fat-burner.
But does Steel come through?
So far as what we see from the product ingredients, dosage, and quality, which are detailed in the further sections, there is no reason to doubt any of this. Here are some benefits you could experience from taking this supplement:
- Increased energy—Not only does Shredded AF contain a whopping 300mg of Caffeine Anhydrous (that’s caffeine in its most pure form, just in case you didn’t know), but it also contains such alkaloids as Phenylethylamine HCl and N, N-Dimethylphenethylamine known to increase energy production.
- Faster metabolism—While stimulants such as caffeine boost metabolism, other ingredients in Shredded AF also support increased calorie burn. In fact, vitamins B6 and B12, black pepper extract, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, and LeanGBB work in synergy to support a healthy metabolism.
- Heightened focus—While it’s easy to assume that increased focus comes with increased energy, this isn’t always the case. Too much caffeine can leave you with that scattered, all-over-the-place feeling. However, ingredients such as B-complex vitamins and Phenylethylamine help counter this to enhance your focus and mood.
- Suppressed appetite—Appetite suppression is what most fat-burners are all about, and with its stimulating combination of ingredients, Shredded AF should come through nicely in this department.
Shredded AF Ingredients
Steel claims to be cautious with the quality, purity, and science behind its ingredients, which include:
- Vitamins B 6, 9, &12—Vitamin B6 is known to improve brain health and mental outlook and to aid in hemoglobin production; vitamin B12 is vital in red blood cell formation and energy production. Vitamin B6 is also a critical element of cell growth and DNA production. Together, all three B-complex vitamins work to lower inflammation and reduce the risk of chronic disease.
- Caffeine Anhydrous—Pure caffeine anhydrous is produced by filtering out all fluid and other components from the naturally-occurring caffeine in coffee, tea, or chocolate. It spurs adrenaline production in the body to produce more energy and focus and increases the body’s metabolism to burn more fat and calories. This ingredient can be found in many fat burners, such as Instant Knockout, Synedrex, and Skald.
- Phenylethylamine—Phenylethylamine, or PEA, is a neurotransmitter that heightens focus, well-being, and goal orientation. It occurs naturally in the body and helps induce the body’s production of “feel good” hormones such as dopamine and serotonin and energizing hormones like adrenaline and acetylcholine.
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine—Tyrosine is an amino acid that requires another amino acid, phenylalanine, to produce. It is known for its effects on increasing the body’s production of dopamine, adrenaline, and metabolism-controlling thyroid hormones for increased focus, energy, fat burn, and a sense of well-being.
- N, N-Dimethylphenethylamine—Known for its mood-boosting, energizing effects, Phenethylamine is a neurotransmitter derived from a specific species of Chinese orchid.
- Paradoxine—A standardized and patented extract of Grains of Paradise, Paradoxine is known to convert white “stored” fat into brown fat for energy production.
- Senactiv— This patented extract from Panax notoginseng and Rosa spp helps energy production and muscle recovery post-workout.
- Dynamine— Dynamine (methylliberine) is a stimulative plant extract that increases energy, focus, and mood.
- Theophylline—This mild bronchodilator has an effect similar to caffeine, which opens up breathing passages for increased oxygen intake. It belongs to a line of drugs called methylxanthines, which are often used for conditions such as asthma, chronic bronchitis, and emphysema.
- Isopropylnorsynephrine—Derived from bitter orange, Isopropylnorsynephrine also contains the alkaloids synephrine, octopamine, and tyramine and may have thermogenic, metabolism-boosting effects.
- LeanGBB—Also known as gamma-aminobutyric acid, or GABA, leanGBB is an amino acid that works as a neurotransmitter known to produce a calming effect that reduces anxiety, fear, and stress. It is also a precursor to L-carnitine, an amino acid known for its positive impact on metabolism and fat burn.
- Bioperine—Black pepper has some amazing thermogenic properties, as well as strong antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Bioperine is the extract of black pepper fruit added to further enhance Shredded AF’s fat-burn properties.
- Alpha Yohimbine—The bark of the Yohimbe tree has been used as an aphrodisiac in traditional African medicine for centuries, and its active compound, yohimbine, is also known to increase blood pressure, release insulin, and decrease blood sugar levels.
- Huperzine-A—Huperzine-A is an alkaloid extracted from a type of moss and known to increase the body’s production of dopamine and adrenaline. It also enhances memory and protects cognitive function while improving metabolism and a sense of mental well-being.
- 3,5-diiodo-l-thyronine–3,5-diiodo-l-thyronine, or T2, is derived from thyroid hormone and helps control the body’s metabolism for increased fat-burn.
All compound amounts included in Shredded AF are within what has been determined safe, though some may be sensitive to its ingredients even in these amounts.
Does Shredded AF Work?
As with any fat burner, Shredded AF only works if you do. That means that while it does contain ingredients that will absolutely increase your metabolism, sense of well-being, and focus, it isn’t a magic pill that will allow the pounds to melt away while you sit on the couch eating cheesecake.
With that in mind, this product complements a good diet and exercise routine in that it will help you light up additional fat calories.
Who Is Steel Shredded AF Best For?
Shredded AF is great for anyone looking to decrease their body fat through diet and hard work in the gym. But while it contains scientifically proven ingredients to boost fat-burning and metabolism, it isn’t for those sensitive to caffeine and other stimulants, nor for those uncomfortable with using hormones from an outside source.
It is also a good product for anyone needing a boost in focus and energy, such as late-night workers, students, or healthcare workers.
Finally, it should also be noted that some of the ingredients in Shredded AF, like N, N-Dimethylphenethylamine and Isopropylnorsynephrine, are currently banned from drug-tested competitions, making it a poor choice for many competitive athletes.
Claims vs. Reality
Shredded AF claims to increase energy, focus, and thermogenesis while suppressing the appetite. Looking at its ingredients in their prescribed amounts, there is no reason to dispute this.
Again though, the use of this product needs to go along with careful adherence to diet and exercise for it to be fully effective.
Shredded AF Safety
As with any product that speeds you up, Shredded AF has some concerns when it comes to safety and side effects.
For instance, those sensitive to stimulants such as the caffeine anhydrous and theophylline included in the product may experience the following:
- Heart palpitations
For this reason, those sensitive to stimulants should use extra care or avoid this product, and the product should NEVER be used in amounts that exceed the recommended dose.
Alpha Yohimbe is also dangerous in high amounts, and excessive use can lead to death.
Also, please note that Steel Shredded AF contains ingredients that are illegal in drug-tested competitions, which may also speak to the ingredient safety.
Where To Buy Steel Shredded AF
Shredded AF can be purchased directly from the product website and most online brick-and-mortar retailers specializing in diet and fitness supplements. This includes Amazon, Steel’s website, and retailers like The Vitamin Shoppe and Max Muscle.
A 30-day supply of Shredded AF costs $70.
Final Thoughts on Steel Shredded AF
Steel Shredded AF contains many potent ingredients; however, how many are too many? This supplement goes heavy on stimulants, which may be what some are looking for but is concerning nevertheless.
Also, at around $70 for a 30-day supply, Shredded AF is quite pricey. For instance, at about $20 for a 60-day supply, Ronnie Coleman’s Light Weight Baby is an effective fat-burner that, unlike Shredded AF, features all-natural ingredients with much fewer safety concerns and won’t get you booted from drug-tested competitions.
We think there are better, safer options than Steel Shredded AF, but it’s your call.