About Steel Shredded AF
Founded in 2016 with the vision of providing the best, most high-quality, and effective fitness products in the industry, Steel has rapidly made their name in the highly competitive supplements market.
They claim to use only the highest quality ingredients to create science-backed formulas designed to help you “push past your physical limits to achieve optimum health,” and when we look at their entry into the fat-burner market, we have no reason to doubt this.
Granted, as with most fat-burners out there, the main ingredient is caffeine, which has us begging the question, “does it go any further than that and include other ingredients to accelerate fat burn, or is this yet another case of jitters, irritability, and insomnia in a jar?”
Let’s find out with this Steel Shredded AF review.
Steel Shredded AF Benefits
Steel claims Shredded AF will boost energy, metabolism, and focus while suppressing your appetite—or in other words, the usual claims made by nearly any fat-burner.
But does Steel come through?
So far as what we see from the product ingredients, dosage, and quality, there is no reason to doubt any of this:
- It boosts energy—Not only does Shredded AF contain a whopping 300mg of Caffeine Anhydrous (that’s caffeine in its most pure form, just in case you didn’t know), it also contains such alkaloids as Beta Phenylethlamine, N-Phenethyl Dimethylamine, and Hordenine HC known to increase energy production.
- It boosts metabolism—While stimulants such as caffeine are known to boost the metabolism, other ingredients in Shredded AF also support increased calorie burn. In fact, ingredients such as vitamins B6 and B12 along with black pepper extract, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, and LeanGBB are all meant to work in synergy to support a healthy metabolism.
- It increases focus—While it’s easy to assume that along with increased energy comes increased focus, this isn’t always the case. In fact, too much caffeine can leave you with that scattered, all-over-the-place feeling, although ingredients such as B-complex vitamins, N-Methyltyramine, and Beta Phenylethlamine help counter this to enhance your focus and mood.
- It suppresses your appetite—Appetite suppression is what most fat-burners are all about, and with its stimulating combination of ingredients, Shredded AF should come through nicely in this department.
Shredded AF Ingredients
Steel claims to be very careful with the quality, purity, and science behind their ingredients, which include:
- Vitamins B 6, 9, &12—Vitamin B6 is known to improve brain health, mental outlook, and to aid in hemoglobin production, while vitamin B12 is key in red blood cell formation and energy production. Vitamin B6 is also a critical element of cell growth and DNA production, and together, all three B-complex vitamins included work to lower inflammation and reduce the risk of chronic disease.
- Caffeine Anhydrous—By filtering out all fluid and other components form the naturally-occurring caffeine of coffee, tea, or chocolate, pure caffeine anhydrous is produced. It spurs adrenaline production in the body to produce more energy and focus, and also increases the body’s metabolism to burn more fat and calories. This ingredient can be found in many fat burners, such as Instant Knockout, Synedrex, and Skald.
- Beta Phenylethylamine—Phenylethylamine, or PEA, is a neurotransmitter known to heighten focus, wellbeing, and goal orientation. It occurs naturally in the body and helps induce the body’s production of “feel good” hormones such as dopamine and serotonin, as well as energizing hormones like adrenaline and acetylcholine.
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine—Tyrosine is an amino acid that requires another amino acid, phenylalanine, to produce. It is known for its effects on increasing the body’s production of dopamine, adrenaline, and metabolism-controlling thyroid hormones for increased focus, energy, fat burn, and sense of wellbeing.
- N-Phenethyl Dimethylamine—Known for its mood-boosting, energizing effects, Phenethylamine is a neurotransmitter derived from a certain species of Chinese orchid.
- Hordenine HCL—Hordenine is a plant-based alkaloid known for its energizing effects, caused by its influence on increasing the body’s adrenaline production.
- Paradoxine—A standardized and patented extract of Grains of Paradise, Paradoxine is known to convert white “stored” fat into brown fat for energy production.
- N Methyl Tyramine—Also known as 4-hydroxy-N-methylphenethylamine, N Methyl Tyramine is a trace amino found naturally in plants. It is also a neuromodulator known for its positive effects on focus, energy, and cognitive function.
- Theophylline—This mild bronchodilator has an effect similar to caffeine, which opens up breathing passages for increased oxygen intake. It belongs to a line of drugs called methylxanthines, which are often used for conditions such as asthma, chronic bronchitis, and emphysema.
- Isopropylnorsynephrine—Derived from bitter orange, Isopropylnorsynephrine also contains the alkaloids synephrine, octopamine, tyramine, and may have thermogenic, metabolism-boosting effects.
- LeanGBB—Also known as gamma-aminobutyric acid, or GABA, leanGBB is an amino acid that works as a neurotransmitter known to produce a calming effect that reduces anxiety, fear, and stress. It is also a precursor to L-carnitine, an amino acid known for its positive effects on metabolism and fat burn.
- Bioperine—Black pepper has some amazing thermogenic properties, as well as strong antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Bioperine is the extract of black pepper fruit added to further enhance Shredded AF’s fat-burn properties.
- Alpha Yohimbine—The bark of the Yohimbe tree has been used as an aphrodisiac in traditional African medicine for centuries, and its active compound, yohimbine, is also known to increases blood pressure, releases insulin and decreases blood sugar levels.
- Huperzine-A—Huperzine-A is an alkaloid extracted from a type of moss and known to increase the body’s production of dopamine and adrenaline. It also enhances memory and protects cognitive function while improving metabolism and a sense of mental wellbeing.
- 3,5-diiodo-l-thyronine–3,5-diiodo-l-thyronine, or T2, is derived from thyroid hormone, and helps control the body’s metabolism for increased fat-burn.
All compound amounts included in Shredded AF are within what has been determined safe, though some may be sensitive to its ingredients even in these amounts.
Does Shredded AF Work?
As with any fat-burner, Shredded AF only works if you do. That means that while it does contain ingredients that will absolutely increase your metabolism, sense of wellbeing, and focus, it isn’t a magic pill that will allow the pounds to melt away while you sit on the couch eating cheesecake.
With that in mind, this is a product that compliments a good diet and exercise routine, in that it will help you light up additional fat calories.
Who Is Steel Shredded AF Best For?
Shredded AF is great for anyone looking to decrease their body fat through diet and hard work in the gym. But while it does contain ingredients scientifically proven to boost fat-burning and metabolism, it isn’t for those sensitive to caffeine and other stimulants, nor for those uncomfortable with using hormones from an outside source.
It is also a good product for anyone needing a boost in their focus and energy, such as late-night workers, students, or healthcare workers.
Finally, it should also be noted that at least 3 of the ingredients in Shredded AF–N-Phenethyl Dimethylamine, Isopropylnorsynephrine, and N-Methyl Tyramine–are currently banned from drug-tested competitions, making it a poor choice for many competitive athletes.
Claims vs. Reality
Shredded AF claims to increase energy, focus, and thermogenic fat mobilization while suppressing the appetite. Looking at its ingredients in their prescribed amounts, there is no reason to dispute this.
Again though, the use of this product needs to go along with careful adherence to diet and exercise for it to be fully effective.
Is Shredded AF Safe?
As with any product that speeds you up, Shredded AF has some concerns when it comes to safety and side effects.
For instance, those sensitive to stimulants such as the caffeine anhydrous and theophylline included in the product may experience:
- Heart palpitations
For this reason, those sensitive to stimulants should use extra care or avoid this product, and the product should NEVER be used in amounts that exceed the recommended dose. Alpha Yohimbe is also dangerous in high amounts, and extreme use can lead to death, and the product contains ingredients that are illegal in drug-tested competition, which may also speak to the ingredient safety.
Where To Buy Steel Shredded AF
At around $70 for a 30-day supply, Shredded AF isn’t cheap. For instance, at around $20 for a 60-day supply, Ronnie Coleman’s Light Weight Baby is an effective fat-burner that, unlike Shredded AF, features all-natural ingredients with few safety concerns, which won’t get you booted from drug-tested competitions.
That said, Shredded AF can be purchased from most online and brick-and-mortar retailers specializing in diet and fitness supplements. This includes Amazon, Steel’s website, and such retailers as The Vitamin Shoppe and Max Muscle.