FlexoPlex is an all-natural formula designed to reduce inflammation and improve joint health.
As a competitive athlete with surgeries on several joints, a person living with arthritis, and a natural supplement advocate, I enthusiastically looked forward to this review. Over the years, I’ve used many joint supplements with varying degrees of success/relief.
I’ve learned so far that there are several tried and true ingredients, some exciting newer compounds, and a plethora of combinations of these ingredients in products. I also found that most joint products simply don’t perform the same for everyone.
We are each biologically unique and respond differently to ingredients. What does this mean to supplement manufacturers? To satisfy the greatest number of consumers seeking joint relief, you need a comprehensive formula.
FlexoPlex, the subject of this review, contains a promising proprietary formula consisting of eleven ingredients, including two joint health staples, Glucosamine and Chondroitin. The product is manufactured by Pharmaxa Labs, LLC, located in Florida.
The marketing on the FlexoPlex web landing page is professional, informative, and convincing. A deeper dive into Pharmaxa turned up little more than an About Us page on their site and several dated articles.
The company advertises on the site their Dual Flex System, consisting of FlexoPlex and Flexdermal, a topical pain relief product that would be applied directly to your joints and muscles. The System is designed to work synergistically to provide more significant pain relief and reduce inflammation.
Our FlexoPlex review today details the product’s formulation and its key ingredients. We’ll discuss its benefits and determine if the brand meets its marketing claims.
We’ll inform you where you can find the product, review the cost-value relationship, and provide you with our rating in terms of effectiveness and value.
What is FlexoPlex
FlexoPlex is described as a Scientifically Advanced, Multi-Action, Powerful, All Natural, Maximum Strength, Joint Health Formula for Advanced Bone and Joint Support product in tablet form. We told you their marketing was excellent.
The product features a proprietary formula made with scientifically researched ingredients. The company promises that joint pain will diminish within the first two weeks of usage, and longer term, the product will improve joint lubrication and help your body naturally rebuild and repair damaged tissue.
Key Ingredients in FlexoPlex
Each bottle of FlexoPlex has all-natural compounds combined in clinically optimized amounts that work synergistically to deliver superior results. We are comfortable with the first two primary ingredients, Glucosamine Sulfate (750 mg) and Chondroitin Sulfate (600 mg).
First, they are correctly identified on the Supplement Facts panel, and second, the dosages are within the recommended dosages for addressing osteoarthritis.
Then we encounter the dreaded proprietary formula for the remaining nine ingredients. The proprietary blend is 697 mg in total, and that is about all we know, other than the ingredients should be listed in descending order by weight.
- MSM, the third joint support staple in FlexoPlex, is listed first in the proprietary blend and works well with other extracts, such as glucosamine, to ease muscle aches, joint discomfort, and soreness caused by osteoarthritis. MSM is commonly recommended at two – six grams per day. With the exclusive proprietary blend at .697 grams, MSM would not seem to meet the “clinically optimized” dosage claim.
- Cat’s Claw, the next ingredient in the blend, is a potent anti-inflammatory sourced from South America. Cat’s Claw has been used in traditional natural medicine for hundreds of years.
- Rutin is a plant-derived compound known as a flavonoid with powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- Boswellia is another popular joint support ingredient used in traditional Indian medicine to combat arthritis. Boswellia is another potent anti-inflammatory.
- Sodium Hyaluronate, often referred to as Hyaluronic Acid, has become increasingly popular in newly developed joint support products. HA, naturally synthesized by the body, is a building block of cartilage, providing lubrication to joints.
- Bromelain is an enzyme found in pineapple juice and the pineapple stem. It is used to reduce swelling after an injury or surgery. Bromelain, combined with Trypsin and Rutin, forms a product, Phlogenzym, which addresses arthritis (osteoarthritis) to reduce pain and improve knee function.
- Soy Lecithin, typically used as an emulsifier, does not appear to add to the product’s efficacy.
- Trypsin is another enzyme commonly used in digestive aids; however, it also works with Bromelain and Rutin to address arthritis symptoms.
We concur with the site that these ingredients have adequate scientific testing to support the product’s claims. MSM not being dosed at the clinically recommended levels is not of significant concern due to the combination of other ingredients in the blend.
We noted the absence of two other trending joint support ingredients in FlexoPlex, Collagen and Curcumin. Also, many joint support products will use patented, trademarked ingredients such as CurcuWin and UC II Collagen.
The company’s recommended dosage is two tablets, twice per day, taken as follows:
- Two tablets fifteen minutes before breakfast
- Two more tablets an hour before bedtime.
It comes in a 120-tablet package that equates to a 30-day supply. Ironically, the Supplement Facts label on the package lists the serving size as two tablets and a 60-serving capacity. We acknowledge this is technically correct, albeit a bit confusing.
Benefits of FlexoPlex
The specific benefits of FlexoPlex are similar to, although perhaps a bit more emphatic, than the other popular joint support supplements on the market:
- Combats pain and inflammation in joints
- Enhances joint elasticity
- Increases range of motion in joints
- Increases lubrication in the joint to reduce stiffness
- Improves your body’s ability to repair and rebuild damaged tissue to restore joint function
In summary, the product is designed to relieve joint discomfort, reduce the inflammatory response, lubricate the joint, and restore healthy joint function.
How Does FlexoPlex Perform – the Claims versus the Reality
We are supremely confident that FlexoPlex delivers on its claims to a broad spectrum of people with joint issues and arthritis. And we are just as confident that the product will fail to meet other joint sufferers’ expectations. Remember our earlier statement about the biological uniqueness of individuals.
The inclusion of Glucosamine and Chondroitin at clinical levels alone will provide relief to many. The addition of the proprietary blend, with MSM, Boswellia, and the combination of Rutin, Bromelain, and Trypsin, will surely increase the number of those who find relief with the product.
Potential Side Effects of FlexoPlex
Per the company, there are no reported adverse side effects connected with the use of FlexoPlex. The company recommends that those who are pregnant or nursing, have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart disease not use the product.
The product is not safe for those with shellfish or soy allergies.
Some of the ingredients in FlexoPlex can cause mild side effects, including nausea, heartburn, diarrhea, and constipation. Less common side effects are drowsiness, skin reactions, and headache.
As with any supplement, we recommend you check with your medical professional to determine if any of the ingredients in FlexoPlex are known to interact with your prescription medications.
Best Places to Buy FlexoPlex
Due to their promotional offerings, the best place to purchase FlexoPlex is on the company website. The product is also offered on Amazon.com and other online retailers.
The product does not appear to be available in traditional brick-and-mortar stores such as specialty retailers GNC or the Vitamin Shoppe or chain drugstores like Walgreens or CVS.
As mentioned, the best pricing for FlexoPlex is on the company website. A single bottle of 120 tablets which is a month’s supply, is $44.99. There are also special offers on purchasing three and five-bottle stacks, with escalating savings per bottle.
The three-pack offers the added benefit of free standard shipping. Purchases may be combined with other Pharmaxa Labs, LLC products.
A single bottle on Amazon.com will set you back $48.99.
After initial concerns regarding FDA approval and mislabelling, we eventually decided to recommend the product. We recognized that the quantity and combination of ingredients make this a viable alternative in the joint supplement category. Hence, we think this is a product worth trying, particularly for those with knee issues.
On the other hand, FlexoPlex lacks essential joint care ingredients like curcumin and collagen, which are the mainstays of joint health supplements. It would be better to see them included as other major competitors have them and other beneficial ingredients.
Overall, FlexoPlex is a hit-or-miss supplement. It works for some and doesn’t for others. On the brighter side, FlexoPlex™ comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it yourself and return it if it doesn’t work!