With such an enormous market for multivitamins, it’s easy to get lost in the mix. Most consumers find themselves wandering the aisles of their local pharmacy or grocery store only to find a plethora of options that all look seemingly the same. So, how can we really tell if a multivitamin is superior to the rest?
For this reason, more people are turning to tailored multivitamin brands, such as DISCO Women’s Gummy Multivitamins. Complete with added adaptogens for stress relief and antioxidants for immune support, it seems like a great option for women looking to step up their health game, but is it really all it’s cracked up to be? That’s what we’re going to find out in this complete DISCO Women’s Multi review.
Ready? Let’s dive in!
About DISCO Women’s Multi
DISCO Women’s Gummy Multivitamins is a gummy supplement was created by the popular women’s wellness brand, OPositiv. Known by its slogan “Adding Flavor to Women’s Wellness,” OPositiv was created by siblings Brianna and Bobby Bitton to address the growing challenges women experience around premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
Since launching their company in 2018, Brianna and her brother Bobby have gone on to create numerous products catered to women’s health, including FLO Gummies, GTFO Gummies, GOGO Gummies, and RETRO Gummies. Their products cover areas surrounding PMS, skin health, digestive health, immune support, menopause, and more. Their niche resulted in skyrocketing popularity, along with their supplement form, deliciously flavored gummies.
OPositiv’s DISCO Women’s Gummy Multivitamins contain 15 core vitamins and minerals with added adaptogens for stress and antioxidants for immune support. Their vitamins come in a variety of pineapple, tropical punch, and strawberry flavors to allow consumers to enjoy the experience instead of dreading it. Their product is gluten-free, non-GMO, vegan-friendly, and cruelty-free, making it a great option for a large population of consumers.
DISCO Women’s Multi Benefits
Aside from providing 15 core vitamins and minerals to help supplement women’s diets for optimal health, DISCO Women’s Multi also includes DHA from algae, adaptogens such as Ashwagandha and Rhodiola, and antioxidant compounds to help with reducing stress, inflammation, and any other burdens life throws at you.
DISCO Women’s Multivitamins are budget-friendly, get an A+ for flavor, and are wonderful for those who are averse to taking capsule supplements. With only 5 grams of added sugars per 2-gummy serving, you don’t have to sacrifice flavor for health, either.
DISCO Women’s Multi Ingredients
DISCO Women’s Multi contains a large list of ingredients, including 15 core vitamins and minerals, adaptogens, and various antioxidants. Some ingredients to highlight in this product include Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, DHA, Folate, and Biotin.
- Ashwagandha– Ashwagandha is a popular herb most noted in Ayurveda, that has been used for centuries for its stress-relieving properties. Classified as an adaptogen, Ashwagandha is believed to work by reducing stress-related mediators in the body as well as reducing the activity of our stress response system, our hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis.
- Rhodiola – Like Ashwagandha, Rhodiola is the roots of an herb that is classified as an effective adaptogen for stress relief. This natural substance is believed to help increase your body’s resistance to stress; however, its mechanism of action is not yet well-known, but some believe it is due to its antioxidant compounds.
- DHA – DHA, lesser-known by its full name Docosahexaenoic acid, is a type of omega-3 fat that our body requires we get from our diet. DHA has been long studied for its beneficial effects on heart health and during fetal development in pregnancy. Research suggests regular intake from dietary sources can help to reduce inflammation and chronic disease risk. DHA is a common nutrient that many consumers are lacking in their diet, especially those who are vegan or vegetarian, due to its high concentration in salmon, anchovies, and other fatty fish. Pregnant or breastfeeding women are also encouraged to increase their intake of this nutrient. Although more research is still needed on the efficacy of DHA supplementation, current findings show promise.
- Folate – Folate is a water-soluble B vitamin found in many plant and animal foods, including some leafy greens, broccoli, avocado, citrus fruits, eggs, and beef liver. Folate is essential to make and repair our DNA, in the maturation of our red blood cells, and for cell growth and function. Without adequate folate in the diet, complications such as anemia, increased risk for heart disease, and developmental disorders can result.
- Biotin – Sometimes referred to as vitamin H, biotin is a B vitamin that helps to convert our food into energy. Along with folate and DHA, biotin is a crucial nutrient during pregnancy for proper fetal growth and development. Biotin plays a role in keeping your hair, skin, and nails healthy and can be commonly found in egg yolks, organ meats, nuts, soybeans, whole grains, and more.
Does DISCO Women’s Multi Work?
DISCO Women’s Multi contains ingredients that are largely backed up by research and suggest a positive outcome when taken to supplement a healthy diet; however, individuals’ results will vary as with any multivitamin supplement.
OPositiv’s claims for stress relief with added adaptogens have not yet been fully proven in supplement form and may cause interactions with other medications. Always speak with your health care provider before adding a supplement to your diet.
This specific product by OPositiv received 4.6 out of 5 stars on their website out of 16 reviews stating they are easy to take and delicious. Although minimal in their number of reviews, DISCO Women’s Gummy Multivitamins have only recently been released as of 2022 and are not yet well-known.
How Does DISCO Women’s Multi Compare?
When compared to other supplements of its kind, such as New Chapter Women’s Multivitamin Gummies and Vitafusion Women’s Multi Adult Gummy Vitamins, DISCO Women’s Gummy Multivitamins are not too far from the mark. Although DISCO contains a higher number of added sugars when compared to the other two supplements, at 5 grams per serving compared to only 2 grams per serving in New Chapter and 3 grams per serving in Vitafusion.
DISCO Women’s Gummy Multivitamin is also at a higher price point when compared to its other two competitors. Priced at $31.99 for a 30 days supply (or $26.99 if you utilize their monthly subscription rate) when compared to $24.00 for a 75-count bottle, a roughly 25-day supply for New Chapter, and only $10.88 for a 75-day supply for Vitafusion. However, DISCO Women’s Gummy Multivitamin contains added adaptogens as well as DHA, which the other two supplements do not, giving them a leg up on the competition.
Who is DISCO Women’s Multi Best For?
DISCO Women’s Gummy Multivitamins are catered to women 18 years and older for all life stages. This multivitamin was created to help supplement a healthy diet and should not be used in place of one.
Because of its added herbal ingredients, it’s important for those who suffer from chronic conditions to discuss with their doctor or health care provider before adding this supplement to their diet to avoid any potential medication interactions or side effects.
Claims vs. Reality
DISCO Women’s Multi makes gentle claims at including ingredients that are traditionally used for stress relief and cognition, such as their adaptogens Ashwagandha and Rhodiola, as well as additional antioxidant compounds to help support a healthy immune system.
Their claims regarding antioxidant and immune support can be substantiated by evidence, although the specific antioxidants provided are not directly stated. It can be assumed they are referring to the antioxidant properties of certain vitamins and minerals included in their product, such as vitamin C, vitamin E, and selenium.
Their claims regarding adaptogenic compounds, such as Ashwagandha and Rhodiola, are still undergoing research and have yet to be proven effective in supplement form despite promising results in various research trials. Because they don’t specifically state that this product will result in stress relief and improved cognition, but only hint at the traditional use of these compounds, their claims are still valid.
Is DISCO Women’s Multi Safe?
No specific side effects can be found on OPositiv’s website regarding their DISCO Women’s Multi supplement. Most multivitamin supplements have a low risk for side effects, and the effects are often mild in nature. This includes DHA supplements as well.
When it comes to OPositiv’s herbal additions, however, long-term effects are still unknown. Although Ashwagandha and Rhodiola supplements tend to be well tolerated by most, more research is still needed for its long-term use. Common side effects reported from taking Ashwagandha and Rhodiola supplements include gastrointestinal discomfort, drowsiness, and diarrhea.
Where to Buy DISCO Women’s Multi
DISCO Women’s Multi can be purchased directly from the official OPositiv site here.
DISCO is available in a 1-month supply, 2-month supply, and in a subscribe & save option. Below, we will detail the pricing and savings available.
DISCO Women’s Multi Pricing:
Final Verdict: DISCO Women’s Multi Review
A fun new take on multivitamins specifically formulated for women, DISCO Women’s Multi contains well-researched ingredients in a delicious and easy-to-take gummy. Although tasty, this product comes with more added sugar than other women’s gummy multivitamins at a higher cost.
When compared to traditional products of similar nature, DISCO Women’s Gummy Multivitamins have a leg up on the competition with their added DHA and adaptogenic properties that may help round out your wellness routine. This high-quality product is still relatively new on the market but comes from a rapidly growing women’s wellness company that is looking to do some great things in the future.
- About DISCO Women’s Multi
- DISCO Women’s Multi Benefits
- DISCO Women’s Multi Ingredients
- Does DISCO Women’s Multi Work?
- How Does DISCO Women’s Multi Compare?
- Who is DISCO Women’s Multi Best For?
- Claims vs. Reality
- Is DISCO Women’s Multi Safe?
- Where to Buy DISCO Women’s Multi
- Final Verdict: DISCO Women’s Multi Review