Transparent Labs Physiqueseries Fat Burner is a dietary supplement containing ingredients that ramp up your metabolism and curb cravings to boost weight loss.
If burning fat were easy, it would be one of the first things we do every morning and one of the last things we do every night. Everyone would be burning fat, and quite frankly, excess fat wouldn’t exist in the magnitude it does today, especially in the United States.
Unfortunately, that’s not the case, and many people struggle with their body fat percentage. Some people overeat daily, some people simply don’t exercise enough each day, and others have an underperforming metabolism that makes it difficult to burn fat.
No matter what the case, burning fat is something many people have given up on because it has proven quite challenging. Other people have given up on the natural way of burning fat, instead turning to supplements and fat burners to help achieve the body they desire.
While there are supplements that can help, there are even more that pose a real threat to you, your health, and your ability to maintain a fulfilling and satisfying lifestyle. That’s why you must understand which supplements are there to help and which aren’t.
Today, we’ll take a good, hard look at one of the most popular fat-burning supplements on the market: Transparent Labs PhysiqueSeries Fat Burner. We’ll learn about the various ingredients included in the formula, how those ingredients work, and whether or not this supplement can be trusted.
Our Transparent Labs PhysiqueSeries Fat Burner review today will tell you its benefits, side effects, and cost. We’ll also let you know where you can buy it and if we think it has good value for money.
What Is Transparent Labs PhysiqueSeries Fat Burner?
PhysiqueSeries is a fat-burning, thermogenic supplement brought to you by Transparent Labs. You may be familiar with some of their many popular supplements, such as Transparent Labs Bulk, Transparent Labs Build, Transparent Labs ZMO, Transparent Labs Creatine HMB, and many more. They also produce a stim-free version of this fat burner as well.
When it comes to Transparent Labs PhysiqueSeries Fat Burner, they boast a formula packed with fat-burning ingredients that are free of artificial sweeteners, artificial coloring, GMOs, gluten, banned substances, and artificial preservatives.
It’s available in capsule form, which makes for easy daily consumption. Don’t worry; the capsules aren’t extra large and come in size 00, which is the most common size among supplements today. 00 capsules are around 0.92 inches in size (or 23.3 millimeters).
Although the capsules aren’t hard to consume, you need to take two capsules at a time, twice daily (a total of 4 capsules daily). That might turn some people off of this supplement, but it’s definitely worth it when you take a closer look at the ingredients found in each capsule.
Before we dive into the ingredient list, which can be found further in this review, it’s imperative to understand how the body should burn fat. We’ll also touch base on how this supplement is designed to burn fat and whether it can be trusted.
How The Body Burns Fat
Burning fat is a straightforward process to understand but much more challenging to accomplish. Quite simply, the body burns fat when more calories are burned than consumed in a given time. As easy as that sounds, most people do the exact opposite daily, leading to excess fat.
Let’s dig a little deeper, though.
Every fat cell in your body has one primary responsibility — to store fat. This fat storage is essential to your daily health because it’s what our body turns to when there’s insufficient glucose to produce energy. Of course, this only works when fat storage is moderated.
The more calories you eat and the less you exercise, the more fat is stored in the body (and not used). With the growing number and size of fat cells in the body, the normal function of these cells starts to change. Instead, energy is released at a slower rate, and other hormones are released at a higher rate.
To burn fat, we need to do two main things daily: eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly. It’s the only natural way to train your body to store fat when it’s not needed for energy and use fat when it is necessary for energy.
When you eat and sit around all day, your body continues to store fat without using it — mostly because it knows you won’t be needing it.
What Are Thermogenic Supplements?
Anytime you discuss the fat-burning process, there’s a good chance you’ll come across the term ‘thermogenic.’ It’s a scientific term that literally translates to ‘heat-producing.’ With that said, a thermogenic supplement helps the body produce heat.
You’re probably asking yourself why the body needs to produce heat. Believe it or not, heat is one of the main driving forces behind the body’s metabolic function. When your body is burning calories (burning energy), it’s also producing heat — this is your metabolism hard at work.
This heat is vital when keeping your body at the right temperature. In fact, it’s the blood’s responsibility to take this heat and distribute it evenly throughout the body. For example, it’s a big reason you feel hot during a workout — your body is hard at work by burning calories, energy, and fat.
Next time you see the term ‘thermogenic,’ whether it be a thermogenic ingredient or thermogenic supplement, don’t freak out. It just means it’ll help your body produce heat.
Are Fat Burners Good For Weight Loss?
Many fat burners like Physiqueseries contain ingredients that curb appetite and increase metabolism, leading to increased weight loss.
Transparent Labs PhysiqueSeries Fat Burner Benefits
PhysiqueSeries contains a wide range of ingredients that are designed to help the body expedite fat loss. This is achieved by focusing the body’s efforts on the four significant factors of weight and fat loss — appetite, energy, metabolism, and fat storage.
Some of its ingredients are designed to prevent hunger cravings and eliminate the need to eat large amounts of calories daily. Of course, this also limits the amount of fat being stored by the body, which decreases the number of fat cells and the size of fat cells in the body.
In addition, Transparent Labs PhysiqueSeries fat Burner contains several ingredients designed to increase energy expenditure and boost your energy; that way, you can lead a more active lifestyle daily. More exercise means more calories burned, which also means more fat burned.
Finally, this supplement helps to increase your body’s resting or basal metabolic rate. With its thermogenic effects, your body will metabolize much more efficiently — even when you’re not exercising. Of course, you’ll still need to maintain healthy eating and exercise habits daily.
How Effective is This Fat Burner?
Transparent Labs is known for providing a wide range of supplements — all designed to do different things. They offer pre-workouts, fat burners, protein powders, post-workout supplements, intra-workout supplements, and so much more.
While none of these supplements are regulated by the FDA (a large majority of supplements aren’t), that doesn’t mean they aren’t healthy for you. In fact, PhysiqueSeries doesn’t contain any ingredients that are harmful to the body or bring about adverse side effects when taken as directed.
The one thing I would note, which we’ll take a closer look at below, is the Caffeine Anhydrous and other stimulants in the formula. While it’s safe to consume up to 400mg of caffeine each day, PhysiqueSeries contains 240mg of Caffeine Anhydrous — as well as Green Tea Extract.
This is a high amount of caffeine, even for a fat burner. In comparison, Skald fat burner contains only 110mg of caffeine anhydrous, and one cup of coffee contains a little under 100mg. So, you have to be extremely careful when adding Transparent Labs PhysiqueSeries Fat Burner to your diet, especially if you’re caffeine sensitive.
The good news is they offer a stimulant-free fat-burning supplement for those that want to continue their coffee and tea habits.
Transparent Labs PhysiqueSeries Fat Burner Ingredients
Now that we’ve learned everything we need to know about thermogenic supplements, how the body burns fat, and how PhysiqueSeries is designed to help, we can finally start to look at the various ingredients found in the PhysiqueSeries formula. This is where things get interesting!
The formula contains nine ingredients, all of which are designed to help decrease your appetite, increase metabolism, improve the fat storage process, and give the body a boost of energy.
Those ingredients are Forslean, Green Tea, 5-HTP, L-Tyrosine, White Willow, L-Theanine, Caffeine Anhydrous, Cayenne Pepper, and Synephrine HCL. Let’s take a closer look at each one to determine why they included it in PhysiqueSeries.
- Benefits: helps reduce pain, improves the body’s inflammatory response, reduces the risk of hemorrhoids, improves skin, helps ease coughing, enhances appetite, and stimulates the release of fatty acids
- Source: comes from the Coleus forskohlii plant, native to warm climates, member of the mint family, originated in India, a major component of Ayurvedic tradition.
- Recommended Dosage: 500mg per day (two servings of 250mg)
- Side Effects: Flushing, fast heartbeats, low blood pressure, and headache when taken in high doses
- Benefits: good source of antioxidants, reduces inflammation and oxidative stress, promotes a healthier heart, reduces blood fat levels, triglycerides, blood pressure, total cholesterol, and bad cholesterol, improves brain health, enhances thermogenesis and metabolism, and improves liver function
- Source: comes from the Camellia sinensis plant, has been used for medicinal benefits for thousands of years in China and Japan; the main active ingredients are caffeine and epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG)
- Recommended Dosage: 250mg-500mg per day
- Side Effects: upset stomach, constipation, liver issues, and kidney problems when taken in high dosages (also a risk of caffeine overdose)
- Benefits: aids weight loss, curbs appetite and makes you feel full, eases depression symptoms, makes you feel happier, improves symptoms of fibromyalgia, reduces migraine frequency, and promotes better sleep with an increase in melatonin
- Source: also known as 5-Hydroxytryptophan, an amino acid that’s also the precursor to serotonin (the happy neurotransmitter)
- Recommended Dosage: 25mg-150mg per day
- Side Effects: diarrhea, nausea, upset stomach, vomiting when taken in high doses
- Benefits: improves cognitive stress, working memory, executive functions, creativity, mood, and attention, reduces blood pressure under stress (such as when losing weight or dieting)
- Source: an amino acid that’s produced naturally in the body, a precursor to L-DOPA, which is converted into dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine
- Recommended Dosage: 500mg-2,000mg per day
- Side Effects: upset stomach and migraines when taken in high doses
- Benefits: boosts alpha and theta waves in the brain, reduces anxiety, improves sleep and cognitive function, reduces jitters when combined with caffeine, crosses the blood-brain barrier, lowers blood pressure, reduces stress, decreases body fat and weight
- Source: a non-dietary amino acid found naturally in the body, structurally similar to l-glutamate and l-glutamine, commonly found in green tea and Xerocomus badius (mushroom)
- Recommended Dosage: 200mg-1,200mg per day
- Side Effects: mostly safe but known to decrease blood pressure (check with your physician if you’re on medication for high blood pressure to avoid it dropping too low)
- Benefits: boosts energy levels, improves metabolism, increases alertness, aids weight loss, and improves cognitive function
- Source: caffeine is a naturally-occurring chemical in over 60 different species, commonly found in tea leaves, coffee beans, and dark chocolate; caffeine anhydrous is a concentrated (pure) version of caffeine
- Recommended Dosage: no more than 400mg per day (of any caffeine type)
- Side Effects: caffeine overdose, jitters, crash, restlessness, insomnia, headache, dizziness, and dehydration when taken in high doses
White Willow Bark
- Benefits: helps reduce pain levels, reduces fever, reduces inflammation, increases the production of salicylic acid in the body, works well in conjunction with synephrine
- Source: the bark that comes from the White Willow tree that grows all over the world (except Antarctica and Australia); has been used for its medicinal benefits for hundreds of years, also known as nature’s Aspirin, the main active ingredient is salicin.
- Recommended Dosage: 240mg per day
- Side Effects: stomach cramping, upset stomach, and bleeding when taken in extremely high doses
- Benefits: good source of antioxidants, reduces inflammation and oxidative stress, increases metabolism and thermogenesis, reduces hunger and appetite, lowers blood pressure, improves digestion, and relieves pain levels
- Source: also known as the king of medicinal herbs, have been used for their therapeutic benefits for thousands of years, members of the nightshade family, initially grown in Central and South America, Christopher Columbus introduced Europe to them, has capsaicin as the main active ingredient.
- Recommended Dosage: 100mg-350mg per day
- Side Effects: upset stomach, coughing, bleeding, and flushing when taken in high doses (be careful when taking this when on medication for high blood pressure)
- Benefits: aids weight loss and weight management, improves sports performance, boosts energy and cognitive function, curbs appetite to reduce eating
- Source: the active ingredient found in the fruit that comes from the Bitter Orange tree, native to India, but is now found all over the world (including parts of Florida)
- Recommended Dosage: 30mg-60mg per day
- Side Effects: can lead to high blood pressure and increased heart rate in healthy adults when not taking the recommended dosage
PhysiqueSeries Fat Burner Pricing
Each bottle will cost $54.99, but you can save 15% by signing up for their subscribe and save option, bringing the cost down to $46.74.
Remember that those dosages are for one serving, which is two capsules. They direct you to take two servings (4 capsules) per day, but to take each serving at different times in the day (never less than 4 hours apart and never more than four capsules in 24 hours).
Since you’ll be taking four capsules daily, the 120-capsule bottle will last you an entire month.
Transparent Labs PhysiqueSeries Fat Burner Pros vs. Cons
PhysiqueSeries is one of the most popular and highly sought-out fat-burning supplements on the market today, but that doesn’t mean it’s perfect. It comes with several flaws, and every consumer must take them into consideration before purchasing it.
That’s actually true with all supplements. Since everyone’s body is different, what works well for one person could harm the next. It’s a tricky game, but we’re here to make it that much easier for everyone.
Listed below are the various pros AND cons of PhysiqueSeries, that way, you can make an informed decision when considering this fat-burning supplement.
- Free of GMOs, gluten, additives, fillers, artificial flavoring, colors, and sweeteners
- Comes in size 00 capsules (not too large)
- Helps curb your appetite, improves fat storage, enhances thermogenesis and metabolism, and boosts energy levels
- Forslean helps stimulate the release of fatty cells
- Green tea helps decrease fat synthesis, increase fat breakdown, and increase glucose utilization
- 5-HTP decreases appetite and improves mood
- L-Theanine reduces jitters and calms the nerves
- L-Tyrosine reduces stress levels and increases the production of catecholamines
- Caffeine Anhydrous boosts energy levels and improves metabolism
- White Willow Bark increases salicylic acid, works in unison with synephrine, and reduces pain levels
- Cayenne Pepper increases thermogenesis, enhances metabolism, and promotes lipolysis
- Synephrine HCL helps increase resting metabolic rate and aids weight loss
- Transparent Labs has a stimulant-free version that’s similar to this fat-burner
- Contains 120mg of caffeine per serving, 240mg per day (too much caffeine)
- Need to take four capsules per day
- Need to take two servings per day
- Synephrine is a banned substance in the NCAA (similar to ephedra)
- Synephrine and caffeine can cause high blood pressure and increased heart rate in healthy individuals
Claims vs. Reality
Finding a fat-burning supplement that works for you can be difficult. Even PhysiqueSeries, which is heavily regarded as one of the most effective thermogenic supplements on the market today, isn’t perfect and isn’t suited for everyone.
It contains a wide range of ingredients that definitely help improve the fat-burning and weight-loss processes. Forslean, Cayenne Pepper, 5-HTP, and White Willow Bark are excellent additions to the formula. Not only that but L-Tyrosine and L-Theanine help you remain happy and satisfied throughout the process.
With that said, there are several issues with this formula. For starters, I’m not a big fan of synephrine in any formula, even when combined with White Willow Bark. Synephrine is a banned substance and can have adverse effects on the body — especially when taken alongside caffeine.
The caffeine dosage is also concerning. Though there’s only 120mg per serving, you’re taking two servings per day (240mg of caffeine per day). That’s a lot for one supplement and doesn’t leave much room for those that enjoy coffee and tea. In fact, drinking two cups of coffee in addition to this would put you over the recommended 400mg daily.
While PhysiqueSeries does a lot of things right, you should definitely proceed with caution due to the Synephrine and Caffeine Anhydrous.
Transparent Labs PhysiqueSeries Fat Burner Alternatives
Much like we hinted at the beginning of this review, PhysiqueSeries Fat Burner isn’t the only fat-burning supplement out there. There are hundreds to choose from, and some are just as effective — if not more — than the one brought to you by Transparent Labs.
If you weren’t quite feeling the PhysiqueSeries formula discussed above, don’t panic. We will review three of their competitors and alternatives — including a second fat-burning supplement by Transparent Labs. Each is unique, so you’ll have to determine which fits your lifestyle and body best.
Let’s take a look!
One of the biggest downfalls of the PhysiqueSeries formula discussed above was the inclusion of stimulants (like Green Tea Extract and Caffeine Anhydrous) and Synephrine HCl. With PhysiqueSeries Stim-Free, those are taken out and replaced with healthier alternatives.
Don’t worry; the PhysiqueSeries Stim-Free formula still contains a healthy dose of Forslean, 5-HTP, and Cayenne Pepper. Instead of stimulants, it combines Acetyl-L-Carnitine (fat metabolism), Rhodiola Rosea (adaptogenic properties), and Fucoxanthin (thermogenic properties).
To make this formula even more exciting, it won’t cost you any more than the one discussed above, despite being healthier. Each bottle costs $49, and you can save $9 when buying two or $28 when purchasing three. You’ll still need to take two capsules per serving and two daily servings.
Burn Lab Pro
Burn Lab Pro is another top-rated fat-burning supplement, but this one is brought to you by Opti-Nutra Ltd. — the same company that brings you Mind Lab Pro (nootropic). Burn Lab Pro is designed to help you burn fat, improve exercise, and build muscle — all at once.
It utilizes a total of five ingredients — none of which are stimulants. Forslean helps improve the fat-burning process, Capsimax (chili pepper extract) increases thermogenesis, HMB helps the body build muscle, NutriGenesis Chromium blocks fat storage, and BioPerine enhances nutrient absorption.
You can purchase Burn Lab Pro online for $59 per bottle. Each bottle contains 90 capsules, and you’re directed to take three capsules per day (a little better than four days). While each bottle lasts one month, you can receive a free month’s supply by purchasing three bottles at once.
Hunter Burn is the final fat-burning supplement we’ll discuss. It’s starting to gain more and more popularity yearly, especially since it won’t contain high amounts of caffeine. It does, however, include 200mg of Matcha Green Tea — which gives you a small amount of caffeine.
In addition to Matcha Green Tea, the formula also consists of 200mg of L-Theanine to decrease those energy-boost jitters. The 3,000mg of Konjac Root Extract and 500mg of White Kidney Bean Extract are designed to help curb your appetite, while the 125mg of Cayenne Pepper helps fire up that metabolism.
The only unfortunate thing with this formula is the capsules. Each bottle contains 180 capsules, and you’re directed to take a whopping 6 of them per day. Each bottle lasts one month and costs $75 (the most expensive one on the list). You can, however, receive a free month’s supply when you purchase three bottles at once.
Final Verdict: Transparent Labs PhysiqueSeries Fat Burner
There’s a lot to like about PhysiqueSeries Fat Burner, but there are also some things I wish were different. If you don’t consume a lot of caffeine regularly, you’ll likely do just fine with this supplement. If not, I would suggest a stim-free alternative.
Of course, you should also avoid PhysiqueSeries if you’re an athlete, mainly because it contains an ingredient (Synephrine) that’s banned by the NCAA. Luckily, there’s a stim-free version of PhysiqueSeries that takes that ingredient (along with Caffeine) out of the equation.
Not only that, but you have plenty of other viable options on the market — such as Burn Lab Pro and Hunter Burn. Both would be an excellent addition to your daily routine, especially when combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise.