Cass Martin Workout and Diet
Cassandra Martin is from Arizona. She was a tomboy growing up and attended cosmetology school, but opted to go into construction full-time with her boyfriend Hunter Martin whom she would later marry. Her future husband was also into weight training, and got Martin started on the sport. She started her Instagram profile in 2016 and quickly built a following. In addition to being a fitness influencer, Martin is also a certified personal trainer and fitness model. She has millions of followers on social media. Martin is 5 feet, 5 inches tall and weighs about 130 lbs.
Cass Martin’s Diet
Like most athletes who need to make weight to compete, Martin takes her diet seriously. She eats clean consistently, although not to the point of boredom, and she enjoys the occasional cheat meal. She eats 6 times a day and prioritizes protein, especially eggs, egg whites, poultry, and red meat. When she’s bulking, she’ll have carbs in the form of oatmeal and rice. When she’s cutting, the carbs mostly go away. She drinks plenty of water every day.
Martin eats very basic foods like eggs, oatmeal, meat, rice, veggies and protein shakes.
When Martin needs to make weight, she cuts out most of her carbs and only has oatmeal at breakfast.
Martin eats every few hours, adding up to 6 meals a day. When she’s cutting, she’ll reduce it down to 5 meals.
Consistency Is Key
Martin’s main method of keeping on track is to eat healthy foods almost all of the time.
Cheat Days Are Okay
Even though Martin mostly eats healthy, she isn’t afraid to cut loose once in a while. And when she does, she enjoys every bite.
What to Eat
- Eggs/egg whites
- Jasmine rice
What to Avoid
- Junk food
- Added sugar
- Processed foods
- Fast foods
- Empty-calorie foods
- Artificial additives
Martin on her diet
My diet is fairly basic, and I keep it very consistent.
Martin on her staple foods
I enjoy eating a lot of carbohydrates, as well as a variety of red meats.
Martin on cheat meals
If I’m craving something, I usually just eat it!
Cass Martin’s Workout Routine
Martin wasn’t always into working out. She only started in her twenties, and she says it took over a year to see any results.
Martin got into lifting by going to the gym with her future husband, and says they eventually discovered how fun and productive it was to work out together.
Martin says she prefers old-style training including lots of squats, deadlifts, and benchpresses.
Martin works out 6 days a week, and takes Sundays off. She switches things up to keep challenging her muscles, and to stave off boredom.
Martin follows the classic bodybuilding fitness schedule of focusing on one body part per day.
Martin uses a mix of machine and free weights, and she’s always challenging herself to do a little bit more.
A Cass Martin Routine
- Back squats: 8-10 reps x 4 sets
- Hack squats: 15-20 reps x 4 sets
- Front squats: 8-10 reps x 4 sets
- Leg press: 15-20 reps x 4 sets
- Seated leg extension: 15 reps x 4 sets
- Seated calf raise: 20-30 reps x 4 sets
- Flat bench press: 6-8 reps x 4 sets
- Incline bench press: 8-10 reps x 4 sets
- Incline dumbbell fly: 10-12 reps x 3 sets
- Cable fly: 12-15 reps x 3 sets
- Wide grip pull-up: 4 sets to failure
- Wide grip pull-down: 12-15 reps x 4 sets
- Bent-over barbell rows: 10-12 reps x 4 sets
- T-bar rows: 8-12 reps x 4 sets
- Single-arm dumbbell rows: 10-12 reps x 4 sets
- Seated cable rows: 10-12 reps x 4 sets
- Deadlifts: 5-8 reps x 4 sets
Thursday: Glutes, Hamstrings, Calves
- Lying leg curls: 12-15 reps x 4 sets
- Seated leg curls: 12-15 reps x 4 sets
- Walking lunges: 12-15 reps x 4 sets x each side
- Romanian stiff-legged deadlift: 12-15 reps x 4 sets
- Glute kickbacks: 12-15 reps x 4 sets x each side
- Standing calf raises: 20-30 reps x 4 sets
- Side lateral raise: 10-12 reps x 4 sets
- Front raise: 10-12 reps x 4 sets
- Military press: 8-10 reps x 4 sets
- Single-arm lateral raise: 10-12 reps x 4 sets
- Bent-over raise: 10-12 reps x 4 sets
- Pec deck fly: 12-15 reps x 4 sets
- Single-arm side lateral cable raise: 12-15 reps x 4 sets
- Straight bar curls: 12-15 reps x 4 sets
- EZ-bar curls: 12-15 reps x 4 sets
- Alternating curls: 12-15 reps x 4 sets x each arm
- Rope curls: 12-15 reps x 4 sets
- Straight bar curls: 12-15 reps x 4 sets
- Machine dips: 12-15 reps x 4 sets
- Skull crushers: 8-10 reps x 4 sets
- Lying dumbbell extensions: 12 reps x 4 sets
- Close grip pushdowns: 12-15 reps x 3 sets
- Rope pushdowns: 12-15 reps x 3 sets
Martin on getting results
Nothing worth having comes easy. You have to work hard!
Martin on the benefits of patience
It took me about a year and a half before I started noticing anything significant.
Martin on her go-to exercises
When it comes to my training, the basic movements have worked best for me.
Martin on her training style
I love to train heavy and push my body to see what it’s capable of.
Martin on her old-school workout routine
There isn’t a week that goes by that I don’t squat, bench, or deadlift.
Martin on working out with her husband
As soon as we developed a routine, we began to realize how much fun it was to spend time in the gym together and push each other past our limits.
Cass Martin’s Supplements
When she’s bulking, Martin usually has 2 protein shakes shakes a day, which build muscle, burn fat and curb appetite. She endorses the brand Wrkethic.
Martin fuels up for intensive gym sessions with a pre workout. Hers is stimulant-free.
Martin eats clean, but her diet doesn’t vary much, making a multivitamin a smart pick.
Cass Martin’s Lifestyle
Do What You Love
Martin says she never set out to be a fitness superstar. She just started posting videos about the things she loves to do, and people just gravitated to her.
Martin says she is 100% natural, but feels flattered that people think she looks so great that she’s had surgical help.
Nice Work If You Can Get It
Martin enjoys traveling for work, such as doing a photo shoot of doing box jumps on the edge of a canyon at Moab.
Martin is multitalented. Besides working out, she also posts videos of herself doing home renovations.
Martin names Jamie Eason, Dana Linn Bailey and Ronnie Coleman among her bodybuilding role models.
The Downsides of Being a Jetsetter
Martin had her work trailer robbed while on a trip to a Fit Expo. The thieves made off with over $15K of gear.
Martin on her inspiration
I saw a few girls like Jamie Eason and Dana Linn Bailey and thought it would be really cool to look like them.
Martin on her motivation
When I began to become involved on social media, I started receiving such an overwhelming following and so much support, it really inspired me to keep going.
Martin on sharing the love
I just love knowing that I am helping to motivate others to reach their goals too.
Martin on how to succeed
Do everything with a purpose. If you want to see results, you have to push yourself and not just go through the motions.
Martin on questioning whether she is natural
One hundred percent natural. I don’t care if people believe me or not…It’s a compliment for me.
Martin on her husband
The only thing we bicker about is dumb stuff.
Train with Cass
Wrkethic Protein Powder
Truly Free Non-Toxic Laundry Soap