If there’s one trend or customer craze that’s starting to manifest itself in the supplement community, it’s personalized supplements. From personalized vitamins like Persona Nutrition to personalized protein powders such as Gainful, custom supplements have risen in popularity over the past few years, and there’s no telling what they’ll be capable of in the future — especially as science and technology grow.
Like with most health and fitness products, there is a wide range of companies that are now offering their own line of personalized supplements. While they’re not all created equal, we’re committed to finding the ones that are worth your purchase — and calling out the ones that aren’t.
With that said, let’s take a deep and detailed look at nurish By Nature Made — a personalized supplement that claims to be exactly what you need. We’ll discuss everything you need to know before purchasing this product — including what it is, how it works, what the ingredients are, and whether it’s worth it or not in this review of nurish By Nature Made!
What Is nurish By Nature Made?
nurish by Nature Made is a personalized supplement pack that gets delivered to you monthly — or just once. They’ve been featured on NBC, Runner’s World, CNET, and Prevention for their unique, basic, yet powerful supplement options that allow for full customization.
With nearly 40 different vitamins, minerals, herbs, probiotics, and other nutrients to choose from, putting your pack together is as fun as it is beneficial for your present and future health. They make it easy for first-timers and are very popular among the more advanced crowds.
All in all, you get to choose between all different types of benefits — meaning everyone’s pack will be a little different. Some of the areas you can focus on are your bones, brain, diabetes, digestion, energy, eyes, fitness, general health, hair, skin, nails, heart, immune system, joints, liver, sleep, and urinary system.
The possibilities are endless, which is what makes this personalized supplement such a steal on the market. It can be catered to just about anybody and is still more affordable than most other supplement options out there — especially of this caliber.
Why Use Personalized Supplements?
As popular as they are, many people haven’t caught on to the personalized supplement trend, and it’s a shame because they’re extremely beneficial — especially for people with allergies or those that have certain dietary guidelines they need to follow.
Since most supplements don’t take that into account, these people are often left in the dust when searching for a supplement designed for them. Instead, they continue their struggle of getting the necessary daily nutrients through their regular diet, which isn’t easy for everyone.
With personalized supplements, consumers receive a unique supplement experience that caters to each individual’s body. It’s a more practical option, opposed to having a one-size-fits-all formula solution that’s supposed to help everyone — which we all know isn’t realistic.
How Does nurish By Nature Made Work?
nurish By Nature Made is extremely easy to set up, and it comes with minimum risk. For those that already know what types of supplements and ingredients they’re interested in, all you do is select the ones you want in your pack, and you’re ready to go.
For those that aren’t quite sure what they need or are simply browsing to learn more about what they offer, they provide a free test to help get you started. During the test, they’ll ask you questions about your name, gender, age, goals, current routine, restrictions, diet, injuries, lifestyle, and more.
Once they get a better idea of what you’re looking for, they give you a detailed list of recommendations based on your answers. You don’t have to choose them all, but it’s there to help guide you through the selection process.
While most personalized supplements only allow for monthly subscriptions, Nature Made gives you the added option of only buying a one-month supply. This is an excellent choice for those that want to try it out without the monthly commitment.
When you’re convinced it’s right for you, it’s easy to switch over to the monthly commitment. In fact, they also allow you to pause or cancel your monthly commitment at any time — another thing most supplement companies fail to offer.
Can You Trust nurish By Nature Made?
Whether you know it or not, you’ve likely been using Nature Made products your entire life. They’ve been around for over 50 years and have a line of supplements, vitamins, minerals, herbs, and more that fill just about every pharmacy and department store in the United States.
When you choose nurish by Nature Made, you get the same products made by the same company. The only difference is you can pick and choose which ones you’re interested in — that way; they’re all in the same bottle. It’s a lot more affordable than buying a bottle of each ingredient individually.
In fact, consumers aren’t the only ones using their supplements. They’re used for research purposes by universities and labs across the country, which helps researchers and scientists learn more about these specific ingredients.
They’ve not only partnered with Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) for over 30 years, but they’re also a leading member of the Global Organization for EPA and DHA Omega-3s (GOED).
nurish By Nature Made Ingredients
Now that we understand a little more about what nurish by Nature Made and how reliable of a company they are, we can start to look into the variety of supplements they offer when filling your pack. Again, it’s entirely up to you which supplements are included — you get to pick!
There are nearly 40 different supplements, so customers should have more than enough options when choosing nurish by Nature Made. They’re broken down into 7 different categories — personalized multivitamins, letter vitamins, minerals, omega-3s, probiotics, herbs, and specialty supplements.
Let’s take a closer look at each category!
The first group is the personalized multivitamins. These supplements offer a balanced blend of vitamins and minerals — opposed to selecting each vitamin and mineral by itself. You’ll want to select these if you’re someone who wants a little bit of everything.
The cool thing about these multivitamins is they’re designed for specific people. They have one for the men, one for the women, one for women that are expecting, and one for women that are nursing. The only question now is, which one are you?
- Men’s Multi – while it’s marketed for men, it can really be taken by anyone. It contains 22 vital minerals and vitamins for your daily nutritional needs.
- Women’s Multi – the women’s version also contains 22 vitamins and minerals, but they’re not the same nutrients as the men’s.
- Prenatal + DHA – a prenatal supplement that gives your body the nutrients it needs when supporting for two. It’ll help develop the baby’s brain, nervous system, bones, and eyes.
- Postnatal + DHA – for continued support once the baby is born, this postnatal supplement is the perfect option for both you and your baby.
Keep in mind that as you add supplements to your pack, the cost of the pack will rise. You’ll want to keep track of this to ensure your pack stays within your budget range.
Next up are the individual vitamins. While they don’t have every vitamin you can think of, they do have the most prominent ones that are needed on a daily basis — especially the ones that many people don’t get enough of through their normal eating habits.
Here’s a look at the different vitamins offered by nurish:
- Super B Energy Complex – this supplement contains every single B-vitamin you need on a daily basis. It gives your body what it needs to convert food into energy.
- Vitamin B12 – if you want the energy-producing benefits of B-Vitamins but are on a limited budget, Vitamin B12 is a sufficient alternative.
- Vitamin C – this vitamin is essential for immune system health. It plays a major role in reducing inflammation and acts as an antioxidant in the body.
- Vitamin D3 – our body naturally produces Vitamin D when the skin is exposed to sunlight, but supplementing with Vitamin D3 is also essential for daily health.
The Vitamin B-Complex is extremely important for energy and digestion, but you can also go with just Vitamin B12 if you already receive enough of the other B-Vitamins. If you want to improve the immune system, go with Vitamin C. If you don’t get a lot of sun each day, go with Vitamin D.
Where you have vitamins, you almost always have minerals. They’re just as important and often just as missed in regular diets across the country. Since they’re essential nutrients, our body needs for everyday function, adding them as a supplement is necessary for some people.
Here are the various mineral supplements you can include in your nurish pack:
- Calcium – this mineral plays an important role in bone and teeth health. It’s a quality supplement, especially when combined with Vitamin D.
- Calcium, Magnesium, & Zinc – known as the big three, most people aren’t receiving enough of these three minerals. Supplementing is essential in that case.
- Chromium Chloride – plays a major role in glucose metabolism and regulating blood suger.
- Magnesium Citrate – plays a major role in muscle, nerve, and heart function.
- Magnesium Oxide – also plays a major role in muscle, nerve, and heart function, but adds protection for your bones as well.
- Zinc – plays a major role in the immune system and metabolism inside the body.
If you’re someone who needs to focus on one particular mineral — whether it be calcium, magnesium, zinc, or chromium — nurish has exactly what you need at an affordable price. Of course, you can also go with the triple-stacked mineral supplement if you want it all!
We’ve all heard of omega-3s and we all know they’re essential for daily health, but most people have no idea why. Believe it or not, omega-3s are fatty acids that help reduce triglycerides, lower blood pressure, slow plaque development in arteries, and improve overall heart health.
Here’s a look at the different omega-3 supplements available through nurish by Nature Made:
- Omega-3 – lowers blood pressure, reduces triglycerides, and protects the heart from illness and disease.
- Omega-3 + Vitamin D – all the benefits of omega-3, but combined with the benefits of Vitamin D.
- Omega-3 Burp-Less – since most omega-3 supplement comes from fish oil, many people experience burps that taste like fish oil. Not with this supplement.
- Flaxseed Oil – for a plant-based omega-3 supplement, flaxseed oil is derived exclusively from plants (not fish).
They truly have a little bit of everything here. The normal omega-3 has nothing special added to it, but they also have a version that includes Vitamin D and one that prevents those fish burps. While flaxseed oil is high in omega-3s, it can also reduce inflammation and improve skin health.
To most people, probiotics are going to sound extremely weird when you first hear what they are. Believe it or not, probiotics are live microorganisms that many of us know as bacteria. Don’t worry; they’re the ‘good’ bacteria that our bodies (especially our gut) need on a daily basis.
While there’s only one supplement to choose from here, it does combine several different strains of probiotics. Let’s learn a little more about it:
- Multi-Strain Probiotics – provides 8 billion CFUs of 12 different probiotic strains including LA-14, LP-115, LPC-37, LG-36, HN001, NCFM, LC-11, HN019, B-420, Bi-07, BL-04, BB-02.
Probiotics shouldn’t be confused with antibiotics or prebiotics. Unlike probiotics, which are actual bacteria that are good for the body, antibiotics are designed to kill bacteria (both bad and good bacteria). Probiotics are generally used after antibiotics to restore the good bacteria that was lost.
Prebiotics, on the other hand, are essentially food for the probiotics. They give probiotics the fuel they need to do what they do best — protect the gut and the rest of the body.
Herbal supplements are starting to rise in popularity in the United States. In fact, many people are starting to prefer herbal supplements over other supplements that have the same benefits, especially since herbs come naturally from various plants around the world.
Here are the various different herbal supplements you can add to your nurish pack:
- Ashwagandha – helps calm the nerves, reduce stress, and provides a sense of relaxation inside the body.
- Cranberry – supports a healthy urinary tract by providing the body with antioxidants.
- Milk Thistle – supports healthy liver function and gallbladder issues. Often used for hepatitis, cirrhosis, jaundice, diabetes, indigestion, and other conditions.
- Garlic – helps regulate blood pressure and cholesterol inside the body, which helps improve heart health.
- Turmeric – provides the body with a heaping amount of antioxidants to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress.
These herbal supplements have been used traditionally all over the world for thousands of years. There’s a wide amount of research backing them up, and it’s a large reason why many of them have become household spices and herbs used on a daily basis.
Finally, we’ve come to the final group of supplements offered by nurish — the specialty group. They’re some of the most expensive options, so you should definitely be careful when adding them to your pack. They can quickly increase the cost way past your monthly budget.
These supplements have a variety of benefits, and you’ll have to go through each one to see if it’s the right fit. Don’t worry; we’re going to take a closer look at each one individually:
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – an antioxidant that helps the body ward off free radicals and reduce oxidative stress in the cells.
- Astaxanthin – a keto-carotenoid that helps support healthy skin, healthy eyes, and acts as an antioxidant.
- Biotin – supports carbohydrate, protein, and fat metabolism, while also improving skin, nail, and hair health.
- CoQ10 – helps support the body on a cellular level by protecting the heart and ramping up energy protection inside the mitochondria.
- Glucosamine Chondroitin – plays a major role in joint health and helps to relieve joint pain.
- Hair, Skin, & Nails – contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zinc, and Copper to provide your skin, nails, and hair the nutrients it needs.
- Lutein – plays a major role in eye health and ensuring your vision is preserved as long as possible.
- Melatonin – also known as the sleep chemical, our body naturally releases when it’s time for bed. Largely used for sleep support.
- Melatonin + L-Theanine – everything you love about melatonin, but combined with L-Theanine, an amino acid that calms the nerves.
One of our favorites in this group is Melatonin — more specifically, the one that contains L-Theanine. Not only will the Melatonin help you fall asleep, but the L-Theanine helps the body relax and is excellent for those that drink tea before bed (L-Theanine is actually in tea!).
nurish By Nature Made Dosage, Packaging, And Price
There’s something that’s super slick about this supplement package that increases its appeal to customers. It’s very simple, very basic, but very satisfying at the same time. It’s delivered in a dark blue box with nothing but their logo on it and a neat little design.
Inside the box, things get a little brighter. It’s covered in a bright teal color and says, “A cool little box with a whole lot of possibilities.” Inside is another box, which resembles the teal color. The box is uniquely designed to act as a dispenser for your packs.
All the packs are packaged together in the box. As you pull out the pack, the rest follow, and you’ll have to tear them off individually as you go. It makes for easy storage, easy access, and portable use — especially since the packs are nice and compact.
Another cool thing about the packs is that they have your name on the front, so everyone knows who it belongs to. It also lists the different supplements inside the pack; that way, you don’t forget. It’s all part of that personal touch that customers are yearning for these days.
The actual price of the pack and dosages of each ingredient will depend on the supplements you select, so you actually have full control over how much you spend. Most supplements range from $4-$8 per month, but some can be $10-$15 per month. You can find more information concerning pricing on the official nurish by Nature Made Website.
Basically put, the more supplements you add, the more you add to the cost. On a brighter note, though, right now you can get 50% off your first month of nurish by Nature Made using code “WORLD50”.
nurish By Nature Made Pros vs. Cons
While there are a lot of things to like about nurish by Nature Made, especially the fact that many of us already use their supplements, it doesn’t mean this personalized supplement pack is perfect. It contains a lot of good ingredients, but it’s also missing some that would be helpful.
Don’t worry; we’re going to summarize everything we’ve learned about this supplement pack into a pros vs. cons list. It’s the best way to display all your thoughts, especially when you have so many! Let’s take a quick look at what we like — and don’t like — about this supplement.
- Plenty of supplement options to choose from
- Supplement company that’s been serving this country for over 50 years
- Heavily researched supplements that you can trust
- You have the ability to pick and choose which supplements come in your pack
- The packs come with your name on them, adding a personal touch
- They have a 5-minute quiz that gives you recommendations — for free
- Supplements are studied in top universities all over the country
- Box comes with a unique, easy-to-pull design
- You can bring your daily pack with you anywhere, they’re very small
- Can purchase monthly subscription or just a one-time purchase
- When you do the subscription, you can cancel and pause at any time
- As you add supplements to your pack, you’ll need to take more capsules each day
- Some of the specialty supplements can be a little expensive
- Doesn’t include some Ayurvedic staples like Bacopa Monnieri, Lion’s Mane, and other nootropics
- No Vitamin A, Potassium, or Folic Acid
Claims vs. Reality
When you’ve been around for as long as Nature Made has been around, you don’t need to spend your time worrying about claims and guarantees. Everyone already knows what to expect from their supplements because they’ve been reliable for more than 50 years.
With that said, nurish is nothing more than a unique way of providing the supplements we’ve already grown to love. It’s actually quite the genius move by Nature Made, especially as customers continue to demand more from their supplements today.
nurish is certainly a quality option for anyone looking at personalized supplements. It does what it says it’ll do, which is more than most supplements today. While it’s not perfect and it’s not your only option, you can’t go wrong with this monthly (or one-time) investment.
nurish By Nature Made Alternatives
Much like we mentioned above, personalized supplements are starting to take over the supplement community. Unfortunately, it’s not easy to implement and most companies aren’t willing to take the time and spend the money to do it right.
nurish is one of the few that are willing to do it right, but they’re not the only ones. In fact, there are several other companies that go a step further. Instead of doing a five-minute quiz online, they do an at-home blood test to ensure each individual is getting exactly what they need.
Let’s take a look at some of the biggest competitors and alternatives to nurish by Nature Made, including Baze and Viome.
Baze Personalized Supplements
Compared to nurish, Baze is going to require a much larger initial purchase. That’s because you need to pay for the at-home blood test, which you then send back to the company for analysis. While that costs $129, the price drops down to $99 when you purchase monthly supplements.
The monthly supplements are personalized to each individual according to the results of their blood test. The supplements are only $15 per month, which is much cheaper than most supplements today. If you can stomach that initial investment, Baze is the way to go.
Inside each capsule, they add a wide range of ingredients — including choline, chromium, copper, magnesium, omega-3, selenium vitamin B12, vitamin D, vitamin E, Zinc, ashwagandha, elderberry, l-theanine, rhodiola, and turmeric.
Viome Personalized Supplements
If you thought that Baze was unique, wait until you hear about Viome. There are several different options available, including at-home gut intelligence tests, at-home health intelligence tests, and then supplements that come after the test(s) are taken.
The Gut Intelligence Test is designed to test your gut health by way of a stool sample. Using this, they formulate an effective prebiotic and probiotic supplement designed to improve your gut health — and your gut health only!
The Health Intelligence Test uses a stool sample as well but also takes a blood sample for even more data. You can purchase the Gut Intelligence test for $299, the Health Intelligence Test for $599, the Prebiotic/Probiotic supplements for $60/month, or the Precision Supplements for $199 per month.
Final Verdict: nurish By Nature Made Personalized Supplements
The world of personalized supplements is still evolving, and the companies that are currently leading the industry are still working out some of the kinks. With that said, nurish by Nature Made is one of the few that’s doing it right, and that has to stand for something.
If you’re someone who already uses their supplements, you’ll feel right at home with nurish. For those that are new to the company and their offerings, feel free to take the 5-minute quiz to receive recommendations on what you might be interested in — it’s free!
If you’re looking for a more interactive and accurate personalized supplement, Baze is an excellent option at an affordable price. Viome is in a class of its own, but most people don’t have the budget for it. Whether you choose nurish, Viome, or Baze, you’ll be getting a quality supplement.