Trace minerals are crucial for our overall health and essential bodily functions. We acquire trace minerals through dietary sources, but getting sufficient amounts in our everyday diet has become increasingly difficult. That’s where a trace minerals supplement comes in to help.
From the same creator as Dr. Berg’s Nutritional Yeast, comes Dr. Berg’s Trace Minerals. This trace minerals supplement provides you with a source of these essential trace minerals, which can help promote your health as a whole. Dr. Berg’s Trace Minerals supplement is easily absorbed in the body and is made out of 100% natural ingredients. It contains over 70 nutrient-dense minerals as well. Let’s take a closer look at this product and see if it’s really all that great in this review of Dr. Berg’s Trace Minerals.
Benefits Of Dr. Berg’s Trace Minerals
Supports A Healthier Body
These trace minerals are essential for our overall health. Each mineral contributes to the essential functioning of our bodies in different ways. They are involved in many of our body’s chemical reactions and are required for the enzymes in our bodies to function properly. The following are some essential functions associated with trace minerals:
- Hair, skin, and nail health
- Collagen production
- Helps enzymes function properly
- Supports immune health
- Oxygenated red blood cells
- May help prevent various cancers and heart disease
- Promotes thyroid health
- Helps balance hormones
- May help prevent mental decline and boost mental health
- Increases natural energy levels
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Supports healthy aging
- Supports bone health
These trace minerals are more readily absorbed compared to other mineral supplements. They are derived from plant-based sources, which are more readily absorbed by our bodies when compared to the typical rock-based sources. These minerals are also derived from a 70 million-year-old lake, which ensures that these minerals are rich and untouched, unlike typical farmed soil that our produce is grown in.
Dr. Berg’s Trace Minerals Ingredients
The main ingredient in this trace minerals supplement is the trace mineral complex. Trace minerals include minerals like iron, iodine, zinc, copper, fluoride, selenium, and others. Being deficient in any of these minerals can cause a wide array of health issues. For instance, zinc deficiency is often connected to low testosterone levels, and a deficiency in most of these minerals can cause us to have poor hair, skin, and nail health.
Some of the main trace minerals included in this blend are the following:
- 10 mg of zinc (as Zing Bisglycinate chelate Chelate. Zinc is essential for skin and immune health)
- 2 mg of manganese (as Manganese Amino Acid Chelate. Manganese is essential for thyroid and mental health)
- 1 mg of boron (as Boron Glycinate. Boron is essential for bone health)
- 34 mcg of chromium (as Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate. Chromium helps regulate blood sugar levels)
- 50 mcg of selenium (as Selenium Glycinate Complex. Selenium is a great source of antioxidants and may help prevent heart disease and certain cancers)
- 44 mcg of Molybdenum (as Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate. Molybdenum helps the body naturally detoxify)
- 890 mcg of copper (as Copper Orotate. Copper helps provide oxygen to red blood cells)
- 50 mcg of iodine (from sea kelp. Iodine is essential for thyroid and hormone health)
Dr. Berg’s trace minerals supplement is unique because all of the minerals are derived from plant-based sources as opposed to rocks. It is obviously pretty difficult for us to effectively absorb and utilize minerals derived from rocks, so Dr. Berg’s product uses plant-based sources. The trace minerals are also sourced from nutrient-rich soil, which makes them even more absorbable and effective in your body.
Is Dr. Berg’s Trace Minerals Really Healthy?
This trace minerals product is definitely effective and can prove quite beneficial for your health. Many individuals are deficient in these trace minerals, especially ones like zinc and iodine. Consuming a product like this can really help ensure you are meeting all of the essential minerals your body requires every day to function properly.
Not all mineral and supplement products are created equal, though, so Dr. Berg’s supplement definitely stands out among others. This product derives its minerals from plant-based sources, which enhances its absorbability in your body, deeming them far more effective in your body when compared to minerals sourced from rocks. These minerals are also derived from nutrient-rich soil from plant deposits in an ancient lake that is over 70 million years old. Sourcing from a lake this old means that the soil was filled with rich, untouched minerals.
Who Should Take Dr. Berg’s Trace Minerals?
Trace minerals can be a very important supplement for you to incorporate into your life. Many people are deficient in these crucial minerals, making it even more important to get sufficient levels through supplemental sources. This supplement should only be used by individuals that are deficient in a combination of these minerals. You could consult with your doctor first to determine if taking these trace minerals is necessary or not for your health.
It’s also important to note that even if you consume a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, this produce is only as good as the soil it is grown in. Industrial farming has really depleted a lot of soil, which results in increasingly reduced levels of these trace minerals in the soil, and thus in the produce you are consuming.
Is Dr. Berg’s Trace Minerals Safe?
This trace minerals supplement is moderately safe for consumption, but as is the case with any supplement, always consult with your doctor before using. Trace mineral supplements are not necessary if you obtain adequate mineral levels through dietary sources. In fact, high levels of trace minerals can prove quite toxic. This trace minerals supplement contains a lot of different minerals, which means there may be associated side effects based on the mineral and how your body responds to it. The following are some reported side effects of trace mineral supplements:
- All trace minerals are toxic at high levels, so be cautious on taking too much of this supplement
- Nausea and vomiting (zinc and iron)
- Gastrointestinal issues (selenium)
- hyper/hypothyroidism (iodine)
- Hormonal imbalances (iodine)
- Skin issues like rashes (zinc)
Where To Buy Dr. Berg’s Trace Minerals
Dr. Berg’s nutritional yeast tablets are available for purchase on the Dr. Berg’s website for a price range between $31.42 and $36.42.