If our ancestors were to witness the typical diet we consume on a daily basis, they’d be mightily disappointed in the habits we’ve endured over the years. As humans have evolved, so has the way we eat — and not necessarily in a good way.
In case you don’t remember, our ancestors were largely hunters and gatherers. They would eat what they could find — or kill — and wouldn’t let anything go to waste. If they hunted down a boar, they wouldn’t only eat the muscles and tissues — they would consume the organs too!
In fact, our ancestors lived with a “like supports like” wisdom. They believed that consuming the organs of a healthy animal will strengthen and support our own organs. For example, eating the liver of a cow would strengthen and support your own liver.
Unfortunately, this way of life is no longer. For the most part, humans have no interest in consuming animal organs and would likely gag at the thought of it. As a result, organs have become an aftermath to most people’s diets and it could be a reason we are constantly living with diseases and health complications.
There are many supplements out on the market. From fat burning supplements, like LeanFire XT, to collagen supplements, like Whole Body Collagen, and more. So, how about a supplement for organs? That’s where Ancestral Supplements has taken their product to a level most supplement companies can’t match. Let’s see how they’ve found a way to connect humans back to the diet our ancestors intended for us.
What Is Ancestral Supplements?
Ancestral Supplements is the brainchild of Brian Johnson, also known as the “Liver King,” and his wife, also known as the “Biological Dentist.” What started out as a lifestyle change eventually blossomed into a one-of-a-kind supplement company that utilizes a variety of animal organs.
Their journey began when their children started to experience a wide range of allergies — it seemed like they were allergic to everything. After doctors were of no help, they decided to turn to a personalized diet that followed the beliefs of our ancestors.
They mainly ate organic, pasture-raised, and wild-caught nose-to-tail foods, as well as fresh fruits and vegetables. Their children started to see the results the Liver King and his wife have been searching for — no more sickness, no more doctor visits, and better overall mental, physical, and emotional health.
The Johnson family, they refer to themselves as “The Johnson Tribe,” took their experience and made it available to anyone and everyone. They saw how animal organs helped transform their lives and have introduced their diet in supplement form.
Their products come in capsule form and are 100% freeze-dried animal organs to ensure you receive any heat-sensitive nutrients. If you’re looking for a new, powerful way to supplement on a daily basis, Ancestral Supplements has the nose-to-tail product line for you.
Nine foundations Ancestral Supplements Is Built On
Like most family-owned supplement companies, Ancestral Supplements takes a proactive approach to their business strategy.
The “Liver King” is motivated by transparency and it shows in his company’s “About Us” info. He not only details how the company came to be, but describes his family’s entire philosophy and lifestyle.
If you were looking for more than just a product, the Liver King can completely reshape your daily habits and routine. He breaks his lifestyle down into nine pillars that he encourages everyone to follow:
- Sleep Like a Rock – Without a good night’s sleep, your body won’t have the proper time it needs to heal and restore. He’ll give you tips for improving your sleep patterns, including not eating for at least 3-4 hours before bed and getting a dose of sunshine after waking up.
- Eat Like Our Ancestors Did – We’ve already detailed this above, but getting back to the diet our ancestors intended for us can prove extremely vital to our health. Following a ketogenic lifestyle, at least periodically throughout the year, is recommended.
- Move Like Our Ancestors Did – We used to be hunters and gatherers that lived very active lifestyles, but that’s not the case anymore. The Liver King says what you do with your body is just as important as what you put into it.
- Avoiding Dangers Like Our Ancestors Did – Our ancestors weren’t nearly exposed to as many dangers as we are today. The technology, trans fats, sugars, unnatural smells, non-native clothing and bedding, pollution, and much more will contribute to health concerns. Instead, proper detoxing is recommended often.
- Connecting to the Earth – The Earth that we step foot on each and every day, as well as the air we breathe, is what we get to call our home. Not only do shoes and buildings take us away from that physical connection with Earth, but we make it worse with the amount of technology involved. The Liver King says walking on fertilized grounds without shoes can have many benefits.
- Getting Cold – I know, most of us try to avoid the cold as much as possible. In fact, many of us will eventually move to a city just to get away from the cold. Keep in mind, our ancestors weren’t always given this luxury. The cold actually made them stronger, improved blood circulation, and upgraded their immune system.
- Fat-Soluble Activators, Sensible Sun Exposure, & Magnesium – The Liver King is very high on the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, and K. They work well together and with minerals like zinc or magnesium. They can improve immune health, metabolism, and support your teeth.
- Challenge Yourself – Our ancestors were dealt with a wide range of resistance, challenges, hardships, and difficult paths to cross. This helped them develop the physical and mental strength to continue pushing forward. Most children these days aren’t faced with those same difficulties, which is why it’s important to teach our youth to take risks and challenge themselves daily.
- Tribal Bonding – When you look back at what our ancestors did every waking moment of their lives, they did it for the greater good of their tribe. Those that hunted were doing it to feed their people. They protected their tribe from danger, kept them safe, and worked together towards a greater purpose. We need more of that today!
With these nine foundations, you can start to live a happier, healthier, and longer life.
Why do they call it a nose-to-tail product?
Of course, this company doesn’t sell life consulting services, that’s just some of the free information they’re ready to give out — for the greater good. The heart of this company is centered around their line of nose-to-tail supplements.
When they say nose-to-tail, they’re simply referring to the fact that the whole animal is utilized. Most of our diets will leave out the organs of the animal. Think about it, when’s the last time you chose to eat the liver of a cow instead of the tenderloin?
Since they use parts of the animal most supplement companies will neglect, their line of products are very unique.
Don’t Neglect The Power Of Animal Organs
Before we preview some of their top products, it’s important to touch base on what makes animal organs so special. There’s a lot to like when adding them to your diet, but it’s something you’ll have to experience first-hand to truly see it in action.
Below, we’ll detail the different types of animal organs that can be consumed, the nutrition they contain, any benefits you’ll receive, and when you should typically avoid eating animal organs.
Let’s get started!
What are the different types of animal organ meats?
You’d be surprised at what you can eat off an animal. Who knows, maybe this will come in handy during a post-apocalyptic scenario. For now, you should take advantage of any organ meats that you can get your hands on.
Some of the most common types of organ meats found in animals are the liver, heart, brain, kidneys, and tongue. You’ll also see a lot of sweetbreads, which are made from the thymus gland and pancreas, and tripe, which will be the lining of the stomach.
Ancestral Supplements adds several animal organs to their list of supplements, including the spleen, bone marrow, thyroid, cartilage, prostate, adrenal gland, gallbladder, lung, tallow, collagen, eye, and even fish eggs.
How nutritious are animal organs?
To give you a good idea of what to expect in different organ meats, we’ve provided some nutrition facts for beef liver, heart, kidney, and pancreas in the table below.
|per 100g||Beef Liver||Beef Heart||Beef Kidney||Beef Pancreas|
What are the benefits of consuming animal organs in your daily diet?
Consuming animal organ meats will come with its fair share of benefits that’ll continue to pay off in the long-term. In essence, they’re going to provide a lot of what you won’t get from the typical meat we eat on a daily basis — if you eat meat at all.
They’re good sources of iron — heme iron to be exact — and is one of the best sources of choline, which plays an essential role in brain, liver, and muscle health. They are cheaper than most meats found on the market, will keep you feeling full for a longer period of time, and contain high quantities of protein.
While many people believe animal organ meats will increase your chances of clogged arteries due to the high amount of cholesterol, that’s not necessarily the case. You will receive a lot of cholesterol, but your liver will respond by producing less of it. This will balance itself out in the end and is just one of the many ways our body will work proactively.
When should you not eat animal organs?
There are some cases when animal organ meats should be avoided. For starters, pregnant women should be careful as they will contain high levels of Vitamin A. Consuming an excess amount of Vitamin A has been linked to birth defects in children.
In addition to that, anyone suffering from gout should also moderate their intake. Organ meats contain high levels of purines, which increase uric acid levels — one of the main causes of gout.
Lastly, there’s still a concern of mad cow disease when eating organ meats. Though this concern has largely dropped off in the past few decades, you should still be mindful of where the organ meats are coming from — ideally, a healthy animal.
Getting Started With Animal Organs Today!
If you’ve never had an organ meat before, you should brace yourself for a difficult-to-acquire taste. It’s not going to be something you look forward to, but the health benefits should give you all the motivation you need.
Some people will grind up the organs and add it to their favorite meal, which will help mask the taste. Others will add it to a stew or go heavy with seasoning.
If you’re like most people and can’t get yourself to eat it cooked, Ancestral Supplements has an alternative route you can take — and it comes in a pill!
Grass-Fed Beef Organs
In the Grass-Fed Beef Organs supplement, they’ve actually combined several of their products into one. It’ll provide 100% bovine liver, heart, kidney, pancreas, and spleen to give you a powerful combination of proteins, enzymes, cofactors, and peptides.
For $44, you’ll get a total of 180 capsules. Each serving is 6 capsules, but you can moderate the intake depending on how much you want each day. One bottle will contain enough for 30 servings if taken as directed.
Male Optimization Formula w/ Organs (MOFO)
You can call it Male Optimization Formula with Organs, but that will take a mouthful. Instead, MOFO is much more fun to say. This supplement is designed for men and will utilize the beef testicle, prostate, heart, liver, and bone marrow.
You’ll get a dose of energy, strength, and drive, as well as a variety of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals to enjoy daily. You’ll get 180 capsules for $58, intended to be taken daily at 6 capsules per serving.
Grass-Fed Beef Brain
As the name suggests, Ancestral Supplements provides their customers will 100% bovine brain in their Grass-Fed Beef Brain supplement. It contains high levels of phosphatidylserine, which is essential to the function of the brain and protection of every cell in your body.
You’ll still receive the 180 capsules at 6 capsules per serving, but this product will cost you a total of $52. If you take the intended serving, it will be equivalent to one ounce of beef brain in glandular form.
And Much More…
That’s not all Ancestral Supplements has to offer. They’re constantly looking for new ways to provide animal organ meats to their customers in a practical way.
Here’s a full list of their organ supplements available today:
- Grass-Fed Beef Organs
- Grass-Fed Beef Liver
- Grass-Fed Beef Heart
- Grass-Fed Beef Thyroid
- Grass-Fed Beef Pancreas
- Grass-Fed Beef Spleen
- Grass-Fed Bone Marrow
- Grass-Fed Thymus
- Grass-Fed Beef Brain
- Grass-Fed Beef Kidney
- Bovine Tracheal Cartilage
- Grass-Fed Beef Prostate
- Grass-Fed Beef Adrenal
- Grass-Fed Intestines w/ Tripe
- Grass-Fed Gallbladder w/ Ox Bile & Liver
- Grass-Fed Lung w/ Liver
- Grass-Fed Tallow
- Grass-Fed “Living” Collagen
- Grass-Fed Colostrum
- Male Optimization Formula w/ Organs
- Grass-Fed Beef Eye
- Wild-Caught Fish Eggs
If you’re interested in checking out their supplements in more detail, I highly recommend heading over to their official website. They have a lot of information to offer and you’ll likely learn something new, if you haven’t already!
Is Ancestral Supplements Legit?
We say, yes! Ancestral Supplements seems legit. They state their ingredients very clearly and leave nothing to the imagination. Their website includes a lot of detailed information as well, leading us to our conclusion that Ancestral Supplements look legit. They offer a lot of supplements and products, all of which can be found on their website with extensive detail.