- ATP Science
- What Is Alpha Mars By ATP Science?
- Alpha Mars ATP Science Ingredients
- Alpha Mars ATP Science Recommended Dosage
- Alpha Mars Benefits
- How Does Alpha Mars Perform – The Claims Versus The Reality
- Is Alpha Mars by ATP Science Safe?
- Natural Protocols To Increase Testosterone Levels
- Best Places To Buy Alpha Mars
- Final Thoughts For Alpha Mars ATP Science
Research suggests that one out of every four men in America over the age of thirty have low testosterone levels. You may be reading this article because you’re not your normal self. Your energy level is not what it used to be, you feel lethargic, perhaps you’ve noticed you have a little less muscle and a little wider waist, your sex drive may be waning, and you’re having problems with concentration.
What to do and where to turn? In this article, we will introduce you to a company that markets a product to address Low T, ATP Science. We will take a broader look at testosterone supplementation, its potential, and its drawbacks. We’ll even recommend some natural protocols to address your issue.
ATP Science is an Australian-based company, founded in 2009 by the husband and wife team of Jeff and Toni Doidge, and Naturopath, Matthew Legge. The About Us section of their site refers to a chance encounter of a Graphic Artist, Scientist, and Businessman, and things were never the same. Founded as Advanced Technology and Pharmacology Science, the company is now known as ATP Science.
ATP formulates and manufactures products in the nutritional supplement, vitamins, cosmetics, nutraceuticals, and sports nutrition space for the fitness, health, and anti-aging industries. The company has expanded its services and products exponentially since its launch in 2009, earning several prestigious awards such as the 2017 Nutrition Warehouse Supplement Award for “Brand of the Year.” Its manufacturing facility in Queensland is a GMP HACCP compliant facility with a Five-Star Food Safety Rating. Pretty impressive for a company that didn’t anticipate or desire to be in the manufacturing business.
In this article, we will review one of the company’s lead products, Alpha Mars, Male Testosterone supplement. We’ll review the product’s formulation and its key ingredients. We’ll discuss the product’s features and benefits and investigate to determine if the product is meeting its marketing claims. We will inform you where you can find the product, review the cost-value relationship, and as always provide you our rating in terms of effectiveness and value.
What Is Alpha Mars By ATP Science?
ATP Science markets “condition-specific” products by gender. Alpha Mars is categorized in the Men’s Testosterone Support category, along with Cort RX, Alpha Prime, and ZMST.
- Cort RX is a combination of herbs, adaptogens that help you deal with stress
- Alpha Prime is designed to improve your androgen to estrogen ratios, blocking estrogen receptors and boosting free testosterone, DHEA, and progesterone
- ZMST is comprised of zinc, magnesium, selenium, and taurine. In the U.S., this product is typically a ZMA blend of zinc, magnesium aspartate, and vitamin B6
But we digress, Alpha Mars is a nutritional supplement in vegetable capsule form, designed to promote the body’s production of healthy testosterone. The product features a proprietary blend of five ingredients, including, Tongkat Ali, Fenugreek, Stinging Nettle, Asian Ginseng, and Mineral Pitch (Shilajit). The first four ingredients are staples in most men’s performance supplement brands.
Due to the use of a proprietary blend, the Alpha Mars Testosterone Support Blend, we are unable to determine the precise amount of each ingredient. The total blend is 525 mg per serving. In the Key Ingredient segment, we will detail the purported benefit of each ingredient, with a deep dive on Shilajit. We will also provide our opinion on the established dosages required to achieve the product’s objectives by component and in total.
Alpha Mars ATP Science Ingredients
- Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma Longifolia) – This can be found in many testosterone supplements, like Andro400. It promotes healthy testosterone production and healthy free testosterone levels in aging men, supports male sexual health and function (normal dosage 100 mg)
- Fenugreek Seed Extract – helps maintain proper levels of free testosterone and improve endurance (normal dosage 600 mg)
- Stinging Nettle – used to help support the healthy ratios between hormones – note: stinging nettle is often used in testosterone support products to counter potential prostate issues (dosages vary from 100 – 300 mg)
- Panax Ginseng – supports the body’s natural production of Nitric Oxide for healthy blood flow, which may assist with healthy erectile function (normal dosage 200 mg)
- Mineral Pitch (Shilajit) – used in Ayurvedic medicine to improve overall health, may support healthy testosterone production
We promised a deeper dive on this ingredient (Mineral Pitch). According to Healthline, Shilajit is a sticky substance found primarily in the rocks of the Himalayas. It contains fulvic acid and more than 84 minerals, so it offers numerous health benefits. It can function as an antioxidant to improve your body’s immunity and memory, an anti-inflammatory, an energy booster, and a diuretic to remove excess fluid from your body.
One clinical study did find Shilajit effective in naturally increasing testosterone levels in men aged 45 – 55. The clinical dosage was 250 mg. Unfortunately, we do not know the dosage in Alpha Mars.
The total weight of the Alpha Mars proprietary blend is 525 mg. This impresses us as severely under-dosed as compared to popular national brands in the U.S.:
- Nugenix, proprietary formula, 2,103 mg.
- High T, Black, a complex formula, although not a proprietary blend. Fenugreek, Ginseng, and Eurycoma Longifolia alone are over 900 mg, with another 1,200 mg of Citrulline Malate
- Betancourt Test HP, with over 1,500 mg of active ingredients
Another issue with the product is the lack of patented, clinically tested ingredients. There are excellent examples of these ingredients, such as Testofen, by Gencor, patented fenugreek, and Long Jack, a patented Tongkat Ali.
Finally, with most testosterone support or test boosting products, there is an anti-estrogen blend, commonly referred to as an anti-aromatase blend. The concept is to reduce estrogen conversion when using any external form of testosterone. Common ingredients in these blends would be Diindolylmethane (DIIM), Red Clover Extract, and Chrysin. There is no anti-estrogen blend in Alpha Mars.
Alpha Mars ATP Science Recommended Dosage
The company recommends taking two capsules, twice per day, with breakfast and dinner. An Alpha Mars container holds 120 capsules, a thirty-day supply.
ATP Science advises users to cycle the product, that is, twelve consecutive weeks of taking the product, followed by four weeks off. In the absence of an anti-estrogen blend, this is good advice. To address the lack of anti-aromatase ingredients, the company recommends stacking this product with Alpha Prime, which blocks estrogen receptors.
Alpha Mars Benefits
The primary benefits of Alpha Mars, as cited by the ATP Science website is to promote the body’s production of healthy testosterone, to maintain free testosterone levels, and support a healthy balance between testosterone and other hormones. By doing so, the product also delivers:
- Overall vitality
- Muscle growth
- Fat Loss
- Proper immune function
- Enhanced natural energy
- Improved muscle recovery
- Supports mitochondrial function
How Does Alpha Mars Perform – The Claims Versus The Reality
Although Alpha Mars does feature several ingredients prevalent in other testosterone support products, the proprietary blend precludes us from knowing precise dosages. The weight of the total blend seems well below that of other established products in the space. The lack of clinically tested, patented ingredients does not add to the brand’s credibility.
There are no testimonials on the company’s website that relate actual results in terms of increased testosterone levels, as evidenced by medical tests. The most commonly cited benefits were increased energy and sex drive – ironically, the sex drive comments were primarily from females. Body composition was not addressed, and this is typically a significant benefit purported by testosterone supplement companies.
Is Alpha Mars by ATP Science Safe?
Whenever we start attempting to manipulate the body’s hormones, there is the potential for adverse side effects. With testosterone supplements, the side effects can be severe. When introducing a test booster, we may inadvertently turn off the body’s natural production of testosterone, resulting in an imbalance of testosterone and estrogen. Several studies have shown a correlation between testosterone support products and an increased risk of heart attack and enlarged prostate. Testosterone supplements taken orally also pose a risk of liver damage and hypertension. Other concerns include:
- Sleep apnea
- Enlarged breasts
- Testicular shrinkage
We strongly recommend consulting with your health care provider before taking a testosterone support product to ensure this product is safe for you and doesn’t interfere with any other medications or supplements you may be taking.
Natural Protocols To Increase Testosterone Levels
As with so many health-related issues, certain lifestyle choices can improve your testosterone levels naturally:
- Make Sleep a Priority – seven to eight hours per night. The majority of testosterone release occurs during sleep.
- Exercise and Resistance Training – both testosterone and growth hormone release during strength training
- Good Nutrition – get plenty of protein, fats and, carbs with a whole food diet
- Take Vitamin and Mineral Supplement – with a focus on Vitamin D and Zinc
- Minimize stress – minimize the release of cortisol
Alpha Mars sells for $59.99 for a thirty-day supply on the ATP Science website. The product is also available on Amazon.com and at a reduced price of $49.99.
Best Places To Buy Alpha Mars
In addition to the ATP website, Alpha Mars is available on several other e-commerce sites such as Amazon.com ($49.99), LuckyVitamin.com ($59.99), and NutritionWarehouse.com ($89.95). The product is also prominently featured on MassiveJoes.com, one of Australia’s leading supplement e-commerce sites.
Our research did not find the product in distribution in any brick and mortar retailers.
For convenience, and the best price available, we suggest you consider Amazon as the place to access Alpha Mars.
Final Thoughts For Alpha Mars ATP Science
We cannot, in good conscience, recommend Alpha Mars. Our concerns center on the dosage, lack of patented ingredients, and the need to stack the product for an anti-estrogen blend. Perhaps even more concerning are the potential health risks associated with hormone replacement therapy, as issues can occur even when prescribed by a doctor.
If you believe your testosterone levels are deficient, we suggest you discuss the matter with a medical professional before supplementing.