- What Is Multimmunity Daily?
- What Does The Immune System Do?
- What Makes Functional Mushrooms So Special?
- Why Does The Body Need Vitamins?
- Multimmunity Daily Claims And Guarantees
- Multimmunity Daily Ingredients
- Multimmunity Daily Dosage, Packaging, And Pricing
- Multimmunity Daily Pros vs. Cons
- Claims vs. Reality
- Multimmunity Daily Alternatives
- Final Verdict: Multimmunity Daily
Maintaining a healthy body and eating a nutritious diet are two things many people struggle with daily. Some people don’t have the time or don’t know how to monitor what they’re eating, while others have a hard time saying No to the less-healthy options out there.
Either way, many people are in dire need of daily help. Without the right nutrients, your mind and body suffer greatly. You won’t have the energy or strength needed each day, your immune system won’t be as powerful, and you’ll struggle to function properly.
That’s where supplements can play a major role in your daily routine. They can’t replace a nutritious meal, and you’ll still need to practice quality daily habits, but supplements — such as a solid multivitamin — can certainly give you a boost.
Where most multivitamins provide a powerful combination of vitamins, Multimmunity Daily from Mushroom Design takes it a step further. It combines the likes of a multivitamin with that of functional mushrooms, which isn’t very common in today’s market.
It certainly makes for an interesting formula, but does it work? Well, we’re about to find out in this review of Multimmunity Daily!
What Is Multimmunity Daily?
Multimmunity Daily is a one-of-its-kind multivitamin designed for daily use. It combines nine different vitamins and nine different types of functional mushrooms. It helps provide the body with the daily nutrients it needs while also providing a variety of additional benefits to the mind and body.
The formula was created by Mushroom Design, which markets itself as a “sustainable, eco-friendly, carbon-negative supplement.” The vitamins are supposed to regenerate your cells, while the functional mushrooms improve the immune system from all possible angles.
The Multimmunity Daily capsules might look a little different than a normal multivitamin. That’s because they utilize beads in their capsule instead of powder or liquid. Since Multimmunity Daily uses both water-based and oil-based ingredients, the beads help separate the two for increased bioavailability.
If you’re looking for a natural multivitamin that takes advantage of the wonderful world of mushrooms, Multimmunity Daily is built for you. With ingredients that are sourced directly from nature and a company that cares about the environment, there’s a lot to like about this supplement.
What Does The Immune System Do?
We all know about the various germs, bacteria, viruses, fungi, and other toxins we’re exposed to, but most of us don’t know what our body does to protect itself from them. That’s where the immune system comes in handy, which is made up of several organs, cells, and proteins.
Everyone’s immune system has two parts — the innate immune system and the adaptive immune system. The innate immune system is the one we’re born with, while the adaptive immune system is the one we develop when exposed to harmful microbes and chemicals.
A weak immune system increases your chances of falling sick or ill when exposed to harmful microbes. A strong immune system keeps your body healthy and improves your body’s ability to recover from sickness.
What Makes Functional Mushrooms So Special?
Functional mushrooms are a special type of mushroom that provide “functional” benefits — which are benefits beyond the nutritional and dietary value. They’re not like the white buttons found in the grocery store, and they won’t get you high, but they’re special in their own way.
While there are several thousand different species of mushrooms known in the world today, only 15 of them are good enough to be named functional mushrooms. They’re all known to enhance the immune system, but they each have their own functional benefit beyond that.
Some provide the body with energy, while others improve cognitive function. Some functional mushrooms even improve the health of your hair, skin, and nails. It all depends on the specific species you’re talking about, but many supplements combine several species together.
Why Does The Body Need Vitamins?
In addition to the functional mushrooms found in Multimmunity Daily, the other half of the benefits come from the nine vitamins involved. Although vitamins are nothing new to consumers all over the world, many people don’t understand their role inside the mind and body.
Believe it or not, vitamins are responsible for hundreds of processes and functions inside the body. They strengthen your bones, heal wounds, and enhance the immune system that keeps us healthy daily. In addition to that, they help the body make energy and repair damaged cells.
Some vitamins are fat-soluble, and some are water-soluble. While the body can store fat-soluble vitamins for long-term use, that’s not the case with water-soluble vitamins. Instead, any excess is excreted from the body when we go to the bathroom — or when we sweat.
Everyone should make sure they receive the proper amount of each vitamin every single day. The proper dosages per age group, also known as the recommended dietary intake (RDA), are determined by the Food and Nutrition Board of the National Research Council/ National Academy of Sciences.
Multimmunity Daily Claims And Guarantees
Multimmunity Daily utilizes both vitamins and functional mushrooms in their formula. It’s marketed as an all-natural, sustainable, bioavailable, eco-friendly, and one-of-a-kind immune-booster that helps fill nutritional gaps and improves overall health.
Here are some of the various claims made by Mushroom Design with their Multimmunity Daily supplement:
- The bead technology allows for increased bioavailability.
- Since the highest-quality ingredients are used, a lower dosage is sufficient.
- It’s what nature intended, and what science perfected.
- No creepy chemicals, just natural ingredients that work.
- Highly-nutritious with immune-boosting effects
We’re going to revisit these claims a little later in this review. It’s always important to know what the supplement is designed to do before purchasing it. After all, you have to know what you’re purchasing! First, let’s take a deeper look at the ingredients, dosages, packaging, and pricing!
Multimmunity Daily Ingredients
Now that we know a little background behind Multimmunity Daily, it’s time to see what this formula is made of. We’re going to set aside the claims, guarantees, and hopes surrounding this supplement. Instead, we’ll take an honest, whole-hearted look at what’s inside.
As we mentioned previously, there are a total of 18 ingredients involved — 9 vitamins and 9 functional mushrooms. Let’s take a look at them one-by-one to see what they do for the immune system.
Who knows, we might even find some hidden benefits that aren’t discussed enough with this supplement!
Vitamins are essential to our daily health, yet many of us don’t obtain the right amounts of each vitamin. That’s why multivitamins exist, and it’s why they’re half of the focus in Multimmunity Daily.
The nine vitamins included in this formula are Thiamin, Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid, Pyridoxine, Folic Acid, Methylcobalamin, Ascorbic Acid, Cholecalciferol, and Alpha Tocopherol. Let’s take a closer look at them below:
- Thiamine – also known as Vitamin B1, Thiamine is a water-soluble vitamin that’s needed for energy metabolism and nerve function. We need 1.1-1.2 mg per day.
- Riboflavin – also known as Vitamin B2, Riboflavin is a water-soluble vitamin that’s needed for energy metabolism, skin health, and vision health. We need 1.1-1.3 mg per day.
- Pantothenic Acid – also known as Vitamin B5, Pantothenic Acid is a water-soluble vitamin that’s needed for energy metabolism. We need 5mg per day.
- Pyridoxine – also known as Vitamin B6, Pyridoxine is a water-soluble vitamin that’s needed for energy metabolism and red blood cell production. We need 1.3-1.7 mg per day.
- Folic Acid – also known as Vitamin B9, Folic Acid is a water-soluble vitamin that’s needed for DNA formation, new cell production, and red blood cell production. We need 400mcg per day.
- Methylcobalamin – also known as Vitamin B12, Methylcobalamin is a water-soluble vitamin that’s needed for new cell production and nerve function. We need 2.4mcg per day.
- Ascorbic Acid – also known as Vitamin C, Ascorbic Acid is a water-soluble vitamin that’s important for immune health, improves iron absorption, enhances protein metabolism, and has antioxidant properties. We need 75-100 mg per day.
- Cholecalciferol – also known as Vitamin D3, Cholecalciferol is a fat-soluble vitamin that’s needed for calcium absorption and bone health. We need 15-20 mcg per day.
- Alpha Tocopherol – also known as Vitamin E, Alpha Tocopherol is a fat-soluble vitamin that acts as an antioxidant, enhances cell wall protection, improves the immune system, and prevents blood clots from forming. We need 15 mg per day.
These vitamins are found in most multivitamins, and there’s a lot to like about this combination, especially when improving the immune system. The only thing it’s missing are minerals, which most multivitamins today contain.
Iron, Selenium, and Zinc all help the immune system but aren’t found in Multimmunity Daily. That’s the one downside with this half of the formula.
Functional mushrooms aren’t very popular in the Western world, but that’s starting to change thanks to companies like Mushroom Design. They’re making these unique mushrooms much more accessible for people in the United States, along with companies like Four Sigmatic.
The nine mushrooms found in Multimmunity Daily are Cordyceps, Lion’s Mane, Turkey Tail, Agarikon, Chaga, Maitake, Oyster, Reishi, and Shiitake. Let’s take a closer look at these below:
- Cordyceps – this funky mushroom is unique for growing on the back of a parasite, generally on a caterpillar. In addition to the immune system, Cordyceps improves endurance, stamina, and ATP levels.
- Lion’s Mane – a mushroom that looks like a lion’s mane or a white weeping willow. In addition to the immune system, Lion’s Mane mushroom boosts cognitive function (more specifically, memory).
- Turkey Tail – this unique mushroom looks a lot like a fanned-out turkey tail, hence where it gets its name from. In addition to improving the immune system and containing antioxidants, Turkey Tail is packed with prebiotics (for gut health).
- Agarikon – also known as Laricifomes officinalis, the Agarikon mushroom has a bitter taste and is known for its immune system benefits. More specifically, it’s known to have anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, antiparasitic, and anthelmintic properties.
- Chaga – this mushroom was once a coffee substitute during WWII when certain countries were rationing food and coffee. It’s packed with more beta-glucans and antioxidants than your typical functional mushroom.
- Maitake – this mushroom is packed with beta-glucans and antioxidants, more-so than your average functional mushroom. It’s also known to lower blood pressure, improve cholesterol levels, and reduce blood sugar.
- Oyster – there are many different kinds of Oyster mushrooms, but they’re all known for their immune system support, lowering blood pressure, regulating cholesterol, providing anti-inflammatory properties, protecting the heart, and defending against neurodegenerative diseases.
- Reishi – in addition to boosting the immune system, the Reishi mushroom is an adaptogenic that helps the body adapt to stress. It’s also called the mushroom of immortality.
- Shiitake – the Shiitake mushroom is one of the ones most people will recognize. It’s best when compared with turmeric. It’s packed with minerals, Vitamin B, and Vitamin D. In addition to improving the immune system, it improves skin health.
Anytime you have a combination of functional mushrooms, you know there’s going to be a ‘whole lotta love’ for the immune system. Each one of those species helps the immune system in a unique way, but they also come with added benefits that make this supplement a no-brainer.
The major downside to this half of the formula is the dosage. Not only are they combined into a proprietary blend (which means we don’t know the individual dosage of each mushroom), but the entire blend is only 321mg.
They also use the mycelium (roots) of the mushroom, instead of the fruiting body. It doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t work, but it likely won’t work as well as it could. The process for producing mycelium-based supplements is cheaper, which is likely why it’s used here.
Multimmunity Daily Dosage, Packaging, And Pricing
Where most companies go all out on their packaging, Multimmunity Daily takes a different approach — a more environment-friendly approach. They might have to sacrifice design and eye-catching visuals, but their focus on the environment is admirable.
With that said, there isn’t much to the packaging, but it definitely has its own appeal to it. The box it comes in is just a brown cardboard box with their “MD Mushroom Design” logo on the front. It also says, “Your daily vitamin, improved” on the front.
Inside the box is your small bottle of capsules. The bottle is clear with a white top. The same “MD Mushroom Design” logo is on the bottle, but it’s white and barely noticeable. The capsules are the real attraction, which are clear and have blue beads inside.
We don’t know the exact dosage of each functional mushroom, but we know there are 321mg when combined together. The good news is we know the dosages of each individual vitamin, which are:
- Thiamin – 1.7mg
- Riboflavin – 1.75mg
- Pantothenic Acid – 1.35mg
- Pyridoxine – 2.3mg
- Folic Acid – 200mcg
- Methylcobalamin – 200mcg
- Ascorbic Acid – 50mg
- Cholecalciferol – 15mcg
- Alpha Tocopherol – 10mg
Each bottle contains 60 capsules, and each serving is 2 capsules. It’s intended for daily use, which means one bottle lasts you one month when taken as directed. You can increase or decrease the amount of capsules you take daily, but should never exceed six in one day.
You can purchase one bottle for $60, or you can save 10% by subscribing to a monthly delivery.
Multimmunity Daily Pros vs. Cons
No supplement is perfect, but most of them have unique and interesting qualities that are worth looking at. It doesn’t matter what type of supplement you’re looking at; you must be prepared for it to work for some people, but not for everyone.
Now that we’ve had a chance to take in everything there is to know about Multimmunity Daily, we can finally put together an effective and accurate pros-cons list when considering this as your daily supplement. Let’s take a look!
- A powerful mix of effective mushrooms and vitamins
- All functional mushrooms improve the immune system
- Healthy mix of Vitamin B Complex, which help convert food into energy
- Vitamin D3 improves bone health and the absorption of calcium.
- Vitamin C and Vitamin E both act as antioxidants and are beneficial to the immune system
- Utilizes beads inside the capsules for greater bioavailability
- All-natural ingredients that don’t harm the body
- Has an appealing look to it, especially with the blue beads in the capsule
- Eco-friendly packaging; company that cares about the environment
- Reishi mushroom is an adaptogen, relieves stress
- Cordyceps mushroom gives you energy, improves physical performance
- Lion’s Mane mushroom improves memory and cognitive function
- Turkey Tail improves gut health
- Agarikon mushroom, Chaga mushroom, Maitake mushroom, and Oyster mushroom all help the immune system
- Shiitake mushrooms improve skin health
- Rather expensive at $1 per capsule ($2 per serving)
- Doesn’t utilize the whole fruiting body of the mushroom, just the mycelium
- Don’t know the direct dosage of each mushroom, but it’s a low dose either way
- Doesn’t contain minerals, such as iron, zinc, selenium, and magnesium
- Likely need to take 4 capsules to get a good effect from the mushroom blend, but then you’re taking an excess of vitamins
Claims vs. Reality
Earlier in this review, we took a look at the various claims Mushroom Design was making in regards to their Multimmunity Daily formula. At a distance, there’s a lot to like about this supplement, and it follows through on a lot of those claims.
With that said, there are also a good amount of shortcomings and downsides with the supplement that makes it less-worthy than some of the others available today.
For example, the bead technology used is certainly interesting but lacks enough research to be 100% guaranteed.It does use natural ingredients and won’t use ‘creepy chemicals,’ but it uses the mycelium of the mushroom — instead of the whole fruiting body.
I’m also not 100% sold on their claim that a lower dosage is sufficient with this supplement. The vitamin dosages are fine, but not the mushroom blend. The species are perfect, but a higher dosage of each would definitely help.
This is one of those supplements that will help certain people but will leave others disappointed — especially considering the price.
Multimmunity Daily Alternatives
Multimmunity Daily isn’t a bad formula. In fact, it’ll work well for a lot of people. The problem is there are too many things they can do differently to make it better, but they aren’t doing it. That’s what separates them from some of their competitors out there.
One of their competitors — Four Sigmatic — has a line of mushroom supplements that are far better than any other on the market, especially considering the price. We’re going to detail three of their supplements that make a good alternative to Multimmunity Daily.
We’ll also mention one other mushroom supplement created by Onnit Labs.
10 Mushroom Blend by Four Sigmatic
The first mushroom supplement by Four Sigmatic is 10 Mushroom Blend. This is a powdered formula that has an earthy and smooth taste. It can be added to your morning smoothie, your coffee, or your tea! It doesn’t contain any caffeine and won’t provide any extra energy.
With no caffeine, you can use this as much as you’d like. It has a sustainable can design, which is fully recyclable. Each serving contains Chaga, Reishi, Cordyceps, Lion’s Mane, Shiitake, Maitake, Enokitake, Agaricus Blazei, Meshima, and Tremella mushrooms — 150mg each.
The formula also contains Organic Rose Hips, which contain a vast amount of Vitamin C — the main immune-boosting vitamin. To add to the excitement, it’s half the price of Multimmunity Daily. Each can has 30 servings and costs just $30. Not bad at all!
Adaptogen Immune Support by Four Sigmatic
If you weren’t quite feeling the mushroom blend discussed above, Adaptogen Immune Support is a unique mushroom shot with a wonderful taste. It looks like a 5-hour ENERGY, but it’s 100% healthy for you and is focused on improving your immune system (not energy).
The main ingredient is Chaga Mushroom, which is the most popular immune-boosting mushroom available. There’s 1,500mg of Chaga per serving, as well as 1,500mg of Organic Beet Extract (Vitamin C, Folate, antioxidant), 500mg of Organic Eleuthero (adaptogen), and 250mg of Organic Oregano Extract (antioxidant).
In addition to that, it contains elderberry, lemon, ginger, cayenne, and monk fruit extracts for a flavorful taste. You’ll receive 6 shots for $24, so it’s a little more expensive. With that said, it’s worth it for those that want a daily shot to take in the morning. You can also get this Immune Support shot included in the Four Sigmatic Adaptogen Shots pack, which also includes an Adaptogen Focus shot and an Adaptogen Beauty shot.
Chaga Elixir by Four Sigmatic
We’ve mentioned how the Chaga mushroom is the most popular and effective immune-boosting mushroom out there. That’s why it’s no surprise to see it featured in its own product. Much like the 10 Mushroom Blend, Four Sigmatic Chaga Elixir can be mixed with just about any beverage — including water!
It contains 1,500mg of Chaga mushroom, which is a big dosage. It also has Organic Eleuthero for its adaptogenic properties, and Rose Hips Extract for its Vitamin C. The Field Mint inside the formula helps give it a more flavorful taste.
It’s a little more expensive at $38 per 20 servings, but that’s still about the same as Multimmunity Daily for a month’s supply. It’ll taste a little bit like coffee, if you can believe that!
Shroom Tech Immune by Onnit Labs
We’re including Shroom Tech Immune as an alternative because it’s available in capsule form — unlike Four Sigmatic. It is made by Onnit Labs, a supplement producer that has designed a variety of mushroom supplements, including Shroom Tech Sport. Shroom Tech Immune utilizes the whole fruit body of the mushroom, unlike Multimmunity Daily. Shroom Tech Immune isn’t necessarily a multivitamin, but it’s still an immune-enhancer.
The 1,000mg mushroom blend contains Chaga, Astragalus, Agaricus Blazei, Cordyceps, Coriolus Versicolor, Reishi, Maitake, and Shiitake — which is more than Multimmunity Daily. The turmeric, ginger, oregano, and lemon adds more immune support.
There are 90 capsules in one bottle, and you’re directed to take 2 capsules per serving, which means each bottle is good for 45 days. At $50 per bottle, it’s certainly much more affordable than Multimmunity Daily and has a more robust formula.
Final Verdict: Multimmunity Daily
Multimmunity Daily is certainly an interesting supplement. It comes with a unique design with blue beads, which is attractive enough to win some people over. That’s not a bad thing, especially since there’s nothing harmful about this supplement — which is also attractive.
The main thing here is the competitors. There are definitely more robust, powerful, and effective formulas out there from Four Sigmatic and Onnit Labs. If you’re looking for a cheaper alternative or something that comes in a powder form, looking elsewhere won’t be a bad thing.
At the end of the day, you can’t go wrong with any of the mushroom supplements we’ve listed above. Multimmunity Daily has its pros, but the cons are sure to turn some people away. Much like any other supplement, it all boils down to preference!